corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Email HTML template creator?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Email HTML template creator?
thegsi

User status: Offline
30th Jun 11 at 10:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I need to build myself a HTML email template for my business. Does anyone know of any decent website where I can do this FOR FREE? or of any software that I can do this in?
Brett
Premium Member

30th Jun 11 at 10:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just use the same software you would to create a html website?

EDIT: Or if you've got photoshop, you could literally draw what you wanted with your layout and pics, etc. then just slice it up in imageready and get it to create the html for you automatically?

[Edited on 30-06-2011 by loafofbrett]
ENB

30th Jun 11 at 11:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's terrible.

But then I would say that as I work for a company that does exactly this. Obviously not free. Expect poor delivery if you do it wrong.
Brett
Premium Member

30th Jun 11 at 12:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What's terrible?

Why not tell him how a "company" would do it then and offer some assistance? Probably because it's the same bullshit way Joe Bloggs would do it in his bedroom except they make out it's something worth paying a lot of money for.
ENB

1st Jul 11 at 11:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorry but it's not; if you chop up an image as you've said most mail filters will regard the email as spam. Believe me before I started here I thought it'd be that simple too it's really not.

Oh and I agree you don't need any company to do it for you, you just need to do it correctly and 'amateurs' wouldn't. Not trying to be a twat or awkward.

It's also not very expensive.
Sam
Premium Member

1st Jul 11 at 11:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would recommend using MailChimp, they have a load of templates you can use/alter or you can create your own and they host everything.

They have free email services too, I use them for a few clients and it's much better than other solutions I've used in the past.

http://www.mailchimp.com
Brett
Premium Member

1st Jul 11 at 11:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ENB
Sorry but it's not; if you chop up an image as you've said most mail filters will regard the email as spam. Believe me before I started here I thought it'd be that simple too it's really not.

Oh and I agree you don't need any company to do it for you, you just need to do it correctly and 'amateurs' wouldn't. Not trying to be a twat or awkward.

Well, I obviously didn't mean just chop an image up and leave it at that. I said that to keep it as a simple initial suggestion to see if it was an avenue he'd take. Obviously in reality it'd still need editing afterwards, actual text putting in, images removing, etc. etc. I'm still dubious if it'd even go straight into spam even if it was left as is, I think that's just the spiel your company tell people to get a sale

Please, do tell what it is that you do that's so special and worth paying for, I'm interested. All you've done so far is say what not to do and offered zero help.

[Edited on 01-07-2011 by loafofbrett]
Gary
Premium Member

1st Jul 11 at 11:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got my weekly machine mart email through.

Basicly a load of images.

Didnt goto spam.
Laney

1st Jul 11 at 11:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by loafofbrett
What's terrible?

Why not tell him how a "company" would do it then and offer some assistance? Probably because it's the same bullshit way Joe Bloggs would do it in his bedroom except they make out it's something worth paying a lot of money for.

If Joe Bloggs in his bedroom knew HTML then you're right, it'll be identical. Automated Spam/Email Client testing is available but it's generally not free.

I find Campaign Monitor to be a fairly decent way to send out emails but it won't chop them up for you.
pow
Premium Member

1st Jul 11 at 13:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

MailChimp isn't a bad bit of kit
Dan
Premium Member

1st Jul 11 at 13:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mail chimp all the way

Adult GiftsClick here to vist us
ENB

4th Jul 11 at 12:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by loafofbrett
quote:
Originally posted by ENB

Well, I obviously didn't mean just chop an image up and leave it at that. I said that to keep it as a simple initial suggestion to see if it was an avenue he'd take. Obviously in reality it'd still need editing afterwards, actual text putting in, images removing, etc. etc. I'm still dubious if it'd even go straight into spam even if it was left as is, I think that's just the spiel your company tell people to get a sale

Please, do tell what it is that you do that's so special and worth paying for, I'm interested. All you've done so far is say what not to do and offered zero help.

[Edited on 01-07-2011 by loafofbrett]

I'm in IT. All I actually care about it keeping the servers working and sending emails. The content monkeys do that, I just know that there are right and wrong ways, and going about it ham fisted will only get your email blocked by major ESP's. There is a doc somewhere on the do's and don't's.

New Poll