corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » whats the lowest ?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author whats the lowest ?
jord1991

User status: Offline
6th Jul 11 at 14:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

whats the lowest you can go on standard front struts and rear dampers .... is 60mm all round ok ? and safe ? cheers
Matty W

6th Jul 11 at 14:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

40mm max. Even then it will be a harsh ride as the shocks are near fully compressed. If your staying on shocks, its worth investing in some uprated shortened ones.
Jamex do a cheap -60 kit if your not too bothered about ride quality
SeanXE

6th Jul 11 at 14:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Someone local to me, is 80 front 100 rear on standard shocks, wouldn't advise it but his has been ok for over a year now. Safe but bouncy

[Edited on 06-07-2011 by SeanXE]
Jed D

6th Jul 11 at 14:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

knew a lad who had standard shocks all round and went down to around 80/100ish on the rear, kut springs. felt horrid
AlexW

6th Jul 11 at 15:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

anything over 60mm will be sat on the bumpstops, another reason I don't believe anybodys "my car is lowered XXmm " unless its been measured.

thegsi

6th Jul 11 at 15:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There's no excuse for doing it that way. The ride is shit, the poundage over the suspension will be all over the shop, it will handle worse than anything on the road. No point.
If you're doing it to save pennies, reconsider as you can get some budget sets on eBay now for well under £200.
jord1991

6th Jul 11 at 15:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ah ok cheers guys ... was just wondering as my car just m.o.t done and onlt thing it failed on was passenger side shock which is jamex shortened ones.. i must of hit a pothole and all the oil had escaped. so for it to pass it now has the standard struts on with 60mm springs...

i now have to put the rear standard dampers on as i think there gone aswell .. will 80mm springs be ok .. i do have a set of 40mm rears and 60mm rears which ones shal i use as the car is going up for sale and i dont want it to be '' unsafe '' for the new owner

cheers
DanCobb

6th Jul 11 at 16:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Shockingly shit ride but safe I guess. I wouldn't wonna go anymore then 60mm as it's bumpy as fuck, especially for passengers!
Jed D

6th Jul 11 at 18:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if your on a budget look for a second hand set of jamex or somthing like that, gmax are a bit crap.
my jamex kits canny good

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » whats the lowest ? 22 database queries in 0.0811849 seconds