corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » whats the law on driving a minibus..

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author whats the law on driving a minibus..
corsayoung

User status: Offline
8th Jul 11 at 17:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

JI'm 20, 21 very soon which would also give me the 3 years of driving experience, and was thinking about getting a minibus as my group of mates and i have been doing a lot of travelling in each others cars recently to like beachs, uni's festivals etc, so purely for social use.

But i'm not to sure on what my license will let me drive, i'll be 21 if i got one with 3 years experience, with a full UK license.

Anyway give me a heads up please
Ingham
Banned

8th Jul 11 at 17:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I believe you need your PCV, all the information is here bud: http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/DriverLicensing/WhatCanYouDriveAndYourObligations/DG_4022498
Bonney

8th Jul 11 at 17:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think anything over 8 seats is classed as a minibus, So you will need to do a PCV test.
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

8th Jul 11 at 17:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This links probably more suitable

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/DriverLicensing/WhatCanYouDriveAndYourObligations/DG_4022619

Basically keep under 3.5t and no more than 16 passengers
Ingham
Banned

8th Jul 11 at 17:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My bad.
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

8th Jul 11 at 17:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would advise doing a bit more research on it first though rather than just going off that website. They tend to summarise everything and sometimes miss important bits out.
sc0ott

8th Jul 11 at 17:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dont know much about the laws etc but if you get caught driving naked the police will stop you.
corsayoung

8th Jul 11 at 18:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers for the replices so far, so if i was looking at a ford tourneo which is 8 seats i believe i could in theory drive on my full UK licence, as long as it is just for social and no ones paying me to pick them up?
Ingham
Banned

8th Jul 11 at 18:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah as long as you are not being paid money for carting people around then that should be good.
corsayoung

8th Jul 11 at 18:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sweeet thanks guys

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » whats the law on driving a minibus.. 22 database queries in 0.0101740 seconds