corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » x12xe misfire, Help!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author x12xe misfire, Help!
TwinFlow

User status: Offline
12th Jul 11 at 12:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is copied from my main thread at allcorsa:

I just pull up in my close and the car almost stalled and now sounds rough as shit. I did give it abit of a hard drive home.

So I'm hoping it's just the coilpack gone *I have a spare in the garage*. But there is no EML, not sure if there would be. But my brother got a video. Hope you guys can shed some light on what it could be?

I did have a bit of an oil leak on the side of the block but thought it was the EGR valve gasket gone.

Thanks guys,

Here is the video of the car now: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYRBhq5q1AM

Update 1: EML has come on now after I just started it up again.

Update 2: I've checked all the plugs, nothing looked out of place 1st spark was a burnt orange colour, the rest where abit white and grey. So I suspect it's running lean anyway.

Update 3:

Ok, so the car is going to the garage this afternoon hopefully. Only paying 25 quid for diagnostics.

I changed all the sparkplugs over to some others I had that still worked. Didn't change anything still has a misfire, it even started worse if anything haha. So im going to put the newer ones that I took out back in.

Going to give the MAF a clean before I take it to the garage just to be sure that doesn't throw another fault like it always seems to do in my car.

But like I said before hopefully the diagnostics will shed some light on it and just point me at a sensor that has gone wrong

Hope some guys on here can help me out,

Thanks.

Adam.
TwinFlow

User status: Offline
12th Jul 11 at 18:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Went down to the garage today, got it diagnosed with a fault with the EGR valve.

Drove back home from the garage, less than 500 yards from the garage the EML goes off. I was giving it abit as I knew it wasn't a big problem with the engine now.

My dad's next door neighbour suggested giving it abit of a long run to see if it cleared the misfire problem, and the EGR valve.

So headed down a dual carriageway before going home, so as I joined the carriageway I put the boot down in 4th gear to 5k rpm for about 5miles. Turned around and came back the other way but this time just drove it normally. Got home and TA DA! it's fixed

Cause of the problem *Maybe*
I will add that about a day before this started my dad suggested to add so stop smoke into the oil, as it is abit smokey from time to time. But he said to add the whole bottle. That was a bad idea!

This thread can be deleted, if you need to lol

[Edited on 12-07-2011 by TwinFlow]

New Poll