corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Can you use...

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Can you use...
geordie alex

User status: Offline
12th Jul 11 at 23:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can you use bike carbs on an C20XE but keep the fuel injection?? So using them as individual inlets for each cylinder and retaining the injection rather than using the jets on the bike carbs??

Has anyone tried it on here?

Essentially im trying to find a cheaper alternitive to getting a set of proper throttle-bodies, but retain the better fuel economy and relyability of injection. I know it will probably still need mapping and rolling road so wont be cheap, just maybe a little cheaper than going down the Jenvey route.

Any help appreciated!!

TA!
geordie alex

13th Jul 11 at 16:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone???
BeArDy

13th Jul 11 at 21:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You could make a throttle body setup which you are thinking about BUT you would have to find the right setup.
BMW E46 M3 Bodies are good to look at.

My advice is just fit some carbs and have done. been done 1000's of time.
No ECU to worry about, cheap to buy etc etc

[Edited on 13-07-2011 by BeArDy]
geordie alex

14th Jul 11 at 00:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

carbs = pain in the arse when its cold tho.lol

Where do you recon i can find some of these E46 bodies then?? Surely they are going to cost the earth??

Ta
geordie alex

14th Jul 11 at 00:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You mean something like these and get the mount points machined/cut+welded?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BMW-E36-M3-Evo-S50-B32-Throttles-Dellorto-Bodies-/120716217270?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item1c1b3f4bb6

Looks like alot of work, but cheap as chips to buy in the first place.
philip2

14th Jul 11 at 04:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

carbs are fine in the cold if set up properly. mate has zx6r carbs on his mk2 golf, even when we had the really cold winter he rarely used the choke, just one pump of throttle and turn the key.

dont believe all the bullshit going round that carbs always go out of balnce and and all that, throttle bodies do the same thing too.
BeArDy

14th Jul 11 at 06:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

E46 mate, not E36......
geordie alex

14th Jul 11 at 19:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

With carbs you dont have an ecu so how is the engine revs limited?? can it be upped like I did to my first redtop that I had remapped. Went to 8k and was the best sound in the world!! Mix that with carbs and I'll be going thru tunnels with the windows down for hours on end!!lol
philip2

15th Jul 11 at 13:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sit at 8k and your rods are going through your block...shouldnt rev over 7.5k and thats if you have ARP bolts fitted.

as for rev limit....buy a rev limiter from tweeks or if went megajolt for the ignition i think it has function in it

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Can you use... 23 database queries in 0.0159519 seconds