corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Parting with my very fast 1.6 16v sport :(

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Parting with my very fast 1.6 16v sport :(
Sport_1

User status: Offline
18th Jul 11 at 18:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

very said day today i have just bought a new car but i am going to miss my corsa so much it been a very good past 3 years has seen 90 bhp then 100bhp an now sitting at 149 an 130 at the wheel it will b short up for sale as i am about to pick up my bew Seat IBiza Cupra R mk3 1.8 20v Turbo thanx to every1 i have spoke to had advice an help all been grate will still b a member but will no longer be valued :'( very upsettin i no try not to cry i will post pics an set up a project thread of my cupra thanx to all
BarnshaW

18th Jul 11 at 18:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what was the spec mate?
Sport_1

18th Jul 11 at 18:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I did set up a project thread i did everything i could with out puttin it on tbs or turbo an it was blood quick mite only b small figures but i stuck with foxus st's , ctr's etc
Corsa_Sport21

18th Jul 11 at 18:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

10 pages,popcorn.gif,goodnight vienna.....
Mark Prydderch

18th Jul 11 at 18:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tidy.. Spec? Got a link to the project thread?
Sport_1

18th Jul 11 at 18:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just go on project thread its at the top my x16xe project
Eck
Premium Member

18th Jul 11 at 18:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There will be a lot of controversy surrounding this thread. Well played for getting that amount from a 1.6, but I doubt it would do an ST. My, lighter EE9 was on par when it had 160bhp.
Alex_Rally

18th Jul 11 at 19:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i reckon u should sell me the sweet ass cams its got in it
--ToM--

18th Jul 11 at 19:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i raced it down at bookers mate in my 160bhp proven XE i had a shit start and still pulled past you by the end of the road, dont get me wrong its a impressive spec but it wouldnt live with a focus ST or a CTR at all, and my mate phils got a seat ibiza cupra r i think u know him its around 240bhp and it only managed a 14.7 at pod same as my corsa hahaha money well spend :/
Eck
Premium Member

18th Jul 11 at 19:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1/4 mile is jack shit mate. My pal's 4g Civic with 130bhp did a 14.9! My other mate's B18 EG with only 180bhp did a 13.5! But he gets fucking plugged by another mates (pattern) 220bhp Starlet. Point is, a quarter mile is fuck all.

Edit: Oh, and I bet from 90 onwards your mate would fucking smash you.

[Edited on 18-07-2011 by Eck]
--ToM--

18th Jul 11 at 19:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

was just emphasing the point that his corsa wont live with the cars he is claiming it will
--ToM--

18th Jul 11 at 19:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah he will weve already said than when i spoke to him if we did a 80 mph motorway pull he would leave me obviously as hes gotta turbo but off the line its a different story
Jake

18th Jul 11 at 19:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eck
1/4 mile is jack shit mate. My pal's 4g Civic with 130bhp did a 14.9! My other mate's B18 EG with only 180bhp did a 13.5! But he gets fucking plugged by another mates (pattern) 220bhp Starlet. Point is, a quarter mile is fuck all.

[Edited on 18-07-2011 by Eck]

absolutely ruthless
--ToM--

18th Jul 11 at 19:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

a quarter mile isnt "fuck all" either it is what it is its not the be all and end all of whats faster and i didnt say thats what it was either i was merely using it as an example thats like saying a rolling road is "fuck all" because a car can run less bhp on the rollers and be quicker on the road , bhp isnt everthing its how its how the power is put down and how much torques produced etc as we all know so the 1/4 mile being fuck all is a bit of a silly comment really
Ojc

18th Jul 11 at 19:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi
Eck
Premium Member

18th Jul 11 at 19:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by --ToM--
a quarter mile isnt "fuck all" either it is what it is its not the be all and end all of whats faster and i didnt say thats what it was either i was merely using it as an example thats like saying a rolling road is "fuck all" because a car can run less bhp on the rollers and be quicker on the road , bhp isnt everthing its how its how the power is put down and how much torques produced etc as we all know so the 1/4 mile being fuck all is a bit of a silly comment really

What? A car will run less on the rollers than on the road? So the WHP is less on a Dyno? No offence mate but I don't get you? And again, I disagree with torque it produces. My car makes 120lb torque but should make 180+ and it isn't hindered.
Eck
Premium Member

18th Jul 11 at 19:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
Hi

Contribute or fuck off Crowe.
Sport_1

18th Jul 11 at 19:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I raced a 190 bhp proven ek9 in wrexham an my bonnet was on his bumper start to finish an ye u did pass me in ur redtop but it wasnt mapped then an it had only done 1000 miles since build its done 3000 nw an its mapped its a compltly diffrent car now it was running rich. an lean
Top end i would rather have mine over a redtop cause i have put work into mine not just done wat every1 dose an put a 2.0 init
Sport_1

18th Jul 11 at 19:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyway good by every1 u may carry on arguing lol
--ToM--

18th Jul 11 at 19:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no what i meant was take 2 cars stick them both on the rollers one runs one figure the other runs another figure which is higher but the car with the lesser figure may be quicker in a 1/4 mile situation depending on how its power is put down i.e gear box, or gear ratios etc etc etc im just saying bhp isnt everything
--ToM--

18th Jul 11 at 19:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i like ya car mate and i respect the work youve put into it just cant see it sticking with a focus st but im willing to be proven wrong lol
big eck

18th Jul 11 at 20:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eck
quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
Hi

Contribute or fuck off Crowe.

Lmfao

That was kinda harsh but quick as fuck.
chris_uk
Premium Member

18th Jul 11 at 20:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im sorry but how is 150bhp in a corsa 'very fast' ??
chris_uk
Premium Member

18th Jul 11 at 20:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by --ToM--
no what i meant was take 2 cars stick them both on the rollers one runs one figure the other runs another figure which is higher but the car with the lesser figure may be quicker in a 1/4 mile situation depending on how its power is put down i.e gear box, or gear ratios etc etc etc im just saying bhp isnt everything

you could just say its down to 'power to weight'..

Graham88

18th Jul 11 at 20:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eck

This. I can only get a 14.1 on 1/4 mile as it's a heavy car to get off the line, but I'd challenge it in a rolling start anyday.

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Parting with my very fast 1.6 16v sport :( 22 database queries in 0.0145788 seconds