corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Recommend me rotary polisher

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Recommend me rotary polisher
Firestate88

User status: Offline
21st Jul 11 at 13:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im looking at getting a rotary polisher and was wandering if any of you had brought one and tell me how it copes? looking more for advice from Rich H and Tom from lemass advice

i've only ever used the Sealey rotary polisher so something along those lines would be perfect

im not looking for a dual action polisher im not a novice before any of you suggest it
Rich H

21st Jul 11 at 14:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How it copes with what exactly?

I'm guessing it won't be one you use day in - day out? Main 3 factors to consider after that will be price, noise and weight.

Tom uses a Sealey from what I remember - pretty bullet proof, but bloody heavy.

I tend to use a 3M or Milwaukee.

Makita, Festool, 3M, Milwaukee are all populary. Silverline also make a couple too.
Firestate88

21st Jul 11 at 14:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just how it copes in general, how long it lasts for, how useful it is on paint wether it fluctuates while applying pressure and being used at low speeds upto higher speeds, how it feels to use for short amounts of time upto long amount of time

it won't be being used day to day, just on the 3 cars at home, but maybe if get some interest start using it abit more after that

yeah the Sealey polishers last for ages but are heavy after a while

any links to any you would suggest using?
Rich H

21st Jul 11 at 14:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's a bit of a strange question tbh

Difficult for myself to comment as it's all down to personal preference at the end of the day - a heavier machine means you don't tend to need to apply quite so much pressure when polishing, but as a result does make lugging it around the car all day a little more tiresome. A lighter machine requires more pressure to be applied and can be slightly trickier to get to grips with.

If it fluctuates when applying pressure, you're applying far too much and it wouldn't be too long before you burn through the paint.

How useful it is on paint?! That's down to your pad and polish combinations, and amount of knowledge / skill you have using the machine, pads, polishes etc.

Links - get googling, check out the usual online detailing stores etc
chrisritch

21st Jul 11 at 14:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dodo Spin Doctor isnt a bad piece of kit
Firestate88

21st Jul 11 at 14:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i was looking at that Dodo spin doctor one or possibly the CleanYourCar EP800 compact rotary polisher
Rich H

21st Jul 11 at 14:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not heard a lot about the CYC one tbh as it's pretty new to the market.

Dodo one doesn't have a dial like most do, but instead has a couple of buttons and a digital display.

One of the lightest on the market - so that will be a marmite thing. Won't last as long as more expensive offerings, but doesn't sound like you'd need it to tbh

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Recommend me rotary polisher 22 database queries in 0.0082729 seconds