corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » recommend me a.....

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author recommend me a.....
chloe16v

User status: Offline
25th Jul 11 at 23:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

headtorch, it has to be very bright, would prefer a rechargeable one with the battery on a belt to fit around the waist. i already have 2 led head torches with 56 leds and they are shockingly shite! i need then to be able to run through a forest in the pitch black and be able to see very clearly. so far i have looked at the tiga and samalite ones but can anyone recommend any different ones?
Ste
Premium Member

25th Jul 11 at 23:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why not get night vision goggles then the men won't see you running up to rape them

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
chloe16v

25th Jul 11 at 23:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

do they make them for dogs aswell?
jibjob

25th Jul 11 at 23:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got some Duracell ones for 50p from Tesco. I bought 10 so they're definitely bright enough
_Allan_

25th Jul 11 at 23:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ste
Premium Member

25th Jul 11 at 23:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chloe16v
do they make them for dogs aswell?

Dogs don't need night vision goggles

quote:

Dogs, he says, “can probably see in light five times dimmer than a human can see in.”

Dogs have many adaptations for low-light vision, Miller says. A larger pupil lets in more light. The center of the retina has more of the light-sensitive cells (rods), which work better in dim light than the color-detecting cones. The light-sensitive compounds in the retina respond to lower light levels. And the lens is located closer to the retina, making the image on the retina brighter.

But the canine’s biggest advantage is called the tapetum. This mirror-like structure in the back of the eye reflects light, giving the retina a second chance to register light that has entered the eye. “Although the tapetum improves vision in dim light, it also scatters some light, degrading the dog’s vision from the 20:20 that you and I normally see to about 20:80,” Miller says.

The tapetum also causes dog eyes to glow at night

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
chloe16v

25th Jul 11 at 23:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no allan, just no
C2RL R

26th Jul 11 at 05:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I use a petzl tikka when I go fishing. Jot sure it would be any good for lighting up a forest though!

[Edited on 26-07-2011 by C2RL R]
Dan
Premium Member

26th Jul 11 at 18:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The snap on man does one and I can't remember the make of it for the life of me. But I used to wear it fishing and on many occasions I've been asked where I got it as it's so bright. If I think of name I'll post it

Adult GiftsClick here to vist us
Dan
Premium Member

26th Jul 11 at 18:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.ledco.co.uk/content/productCategory.aspx?catId=5

Led lenser not cheap but bloody awesome

chloe16v

26th Jul 11 at 20:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they are cheaper than the others i have been looking at lol
Dan
Premium Member

26th Jul 11 at 20:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd get one of them then. They are immense. There police style led torch is a joke. About 120 quid but u can light up things about a mile away lol

scunnylad

26th Jul 11 at 22:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i work at a fishing store and one of the led lenser ones can be seen at 2km its immensly bright and has a very direct beam not a wide one if thats any good but there £45 + dependant on spec
chloe16v

26th Jul 11 at 22:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

as long as the beam is at least 2m wide then it would be fine, the other lights i were looking at were around the £125-£150 mark but i need something good for safety reasons
chloe16v

26th Jul 11 at 22:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this is the one i had been looking at http://www.headtorches.com/TigaSL.html the light is great, i have seen one of these in action afew times now and cant believe how bright they are
johnhara1

27th Jul 11 at 00:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had an energizer one and i thought it was fantastic. LED so the batteries lasted years!

Then i dropped it n it smashed to fuck. I was gutted.
MarkSport

27th Jul 11 at 05:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got a petzl 38 led one, bright as fook!
Fonz
Premium Member

27th Jul 11 at 11:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i've got one of these
Black Diamon head torch

which has two levels of brightness depending on the bulb you chose to switch on....

DaveyLC

27th Jul 11 at 12:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

LED Lenser.. Best torches I've ever owned!

http://www.zweibrueder.com/ENG/produkte/html_highperformance/hserie.php?id=h_series

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » recommend me a..... 23 database queries in 0.0136731 seconds