corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » A little electronics project for someone

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author A little electronics project for someone
Steve
Premium Member

User status: Offline
1st Aug 11 at 11:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

anyone know how, or could do a basic electronics device to solve a problem.

i want the abs light on my car to come and and go off after a certain amount of seconds, even though it would normally be on all the time.

basically i want to remove the ABS but still have the light sequence mot passable

the light is an SMD not a bulb, but i dont mind soldering etc
adiohead

1st Aug 11 at 12:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hang on, I thought of a better solution.

Couldn't you wire in a switch to turn the ABS (and light) on and off whenever you wanted? (or you could just pull the fuse).

That way it will be ON for the MOT and OFF for driving like xa0s.
DannyB
Premium Member

1st Aug 11 at 12:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The light needs to come on and go off for the MOT though Adio, the tester wont be pressing any buttons to turn it on then off when he turns the car on.
Brett
Premium Member

1st Aug 11 at 12:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Surely the button would already be in the on position
adiohead

1st Aug 11 at 12:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DannyB
The light needs to come on and go off for the MOT though Adio, the tester wont be pressing any buttons to turn it on then off when he turns the car on.

it would work like normal, but then Steve could just hit the switch to disable it (and the light) when he wants.
Steve
Premium Member

1st Aug 11 at 12:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh i see what you mean, hmm not a bad suggestion, could easily wire a switch in near the fuse somewhere
Steve
Premium Member

1st Aug 11 at 12:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ideally i would like to remove all the sensors and stuff though, but leave the pump in place.

which would be a fail because part of the system remains on the car.
adiohead

1st Aug 11 at 12:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you wanna see what it's like with no T/C without pulling the fuse, put it in reverse then whack it into first and floor it.
Steve
Premium Member

1st Aug 11 at 12:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i know whats its like as i drove for ages with it disabled when i had a faulty sensor lol.

the wilwoods are playing havoc with the abs at low speeds
DannyB
Premium Member

1st Aug 11 at 12:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

MOT tester might notice the lack of ABS ring but wonder why the light comes on and goes off?
Steve
Premium Member

1st Aug 11 at 12:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah adios method suggests leaving it all in place but just make it switchable not a bad plan really

i would like to remove the whole lot but removing the abs pump is going to be a pain, cant t piece from the master cylinder and stupid fitments are different sizes
pow
Premium Member

1st Aug 11 at 12:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just remove te lot
Steve
Premium Member

1st Aug 11 at 12:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
i would like to remove the whole lot but removing the abs pump is going to be a pain, cant t piece from the master cylinder and stupid fitments are different sizes

this, the nuts arent m10's coming off the MC, and they are a weird size i cant find to match up, 12mm or something, the actual line is thicker aswell, which means i cant find nuts or t pieces that would work

[Edited on 01-08-2011 by Steve]
mwg

1st Aug 11 at 12:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm not sure if you are man enough to drive a car with no ABS
Steve
Premium Member

1st Aug 11 at 12:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

am sure ian got rid of his abs pump, wonder how he did it
jr

1st Aug 11 at 12:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not knowing how the ford systme works Tony Perfect can switch his ABS (the whole system not just the light) on and Off with a switch
adiohead

1st Aug 11 at 12:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can also use a switch to disable the torque limiter on the first gear.
Steve
Premium Member

1st Aug 11 at 12:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jr
not knowing how the ford systme works Tony Perfect can switch his ABS (the whole system not just the light) on and Off with a switch

thats what i mean JR the whole system, will be easy on puma, just wire a break and a switch in line with the ABS fuse

might even be clever and wire in a break to the light aswell so that switches off with the system

[Edited on 01-08-2011 by Steve]
Steve
Premium Member

1st Aug 11 at 12:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by adiohead
You can also use a switch to disable the torque limiter on the first gear.

never been interested in that really firstly it disables your speedo in first, secondly i never really use 1st apart from pulling away, lastly it was designed like that because ford didnt shot peen first of second and failed prematurely without the limiter

saying that my new frp box does have 1st and 2nd shot peened lol
adiohead

1st Aug 11 at 12:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah, I wouldn't bother too. I just remember all the 1.7 converted fiestas getting them fitted.
Steve
Premium Member

1st Aug 11 at 12:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

anyone know what kind of switch i would need to basically wire direct in line with the fuse? im guessing one thats rated at 12v and anything greater amps then the fuse would be fine????
3CorsaMeal

1st Aug 11 at 12:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

pedal position sensor imo
adiohead

1st Aug 11 at 12:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
anyone know what kind of switch i would need to basically wire direct in line with the fuse? im guessing one thats rated at 12v and anything greater amps then the fuse would be fine????

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-FOCUS-MK1-98-05-ST170-TRACTION-CONTROL-SWITCH-/220821820714?_trksid=p4340.m263&_trkparms=algo%3DDLSL%252BSIC%26its%3DI%26itu%3DUCI%252BIA%252BUA%252BFICS%252BUFI%252BDDSIC%26otn%3D8%26pmod%3D270762168205%252B270762168205%26po%3D%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D1753797771217403908&_qi=RTM637056
Steve
Premium Member

1st Aug 11 at 13:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

good plan, wonder if that would fit under the blanking cover on the spare switch on the dash

plus its gay and not a buy it now lol

will have a look on microcat later
3CorsaMeal

1st Aug 11 at 13:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

can't you just fix your ABS?

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » A little electronics project for someone 22 database queries in 0.0131910 seconds