corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Porsche 956 - Old Le Mans (On Board)

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Porsche 956 - Old Le Mans (On Board)
sand-eel

User status: Offline
11th Aug 11 at 21:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWtCklcYy8s&feature=related

Especially at 1:23 where the right hander just appears and he need a tiny tiny amount of steering....proper stuff.
DansCorsaSXi
Organiser: Yorkshire
Premium Member

11th Aug 11 at 22:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fook me.

Star silver C20XE SXi Project thread

Smoke Grey Corsa GSi Project thread
Butler

11th Aug 11 at 22:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fantastic vid.

Alain de Cadenet first drove Le Mans in 1971, in a Ferrari 512M. He recently spoke to our magazine of the right hander you mention, stating it took him lap after frustration lap before he could build up the bottle to take it flat, originally thinking he would never manage it. Very frightening for the first time I can imagine.
Butler

11th Aug 11 at 23:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Another vid worth a look... Blundell's qualifying lap from 1990. The Turbocharged R90CK had been consistently unreliable in practise, the team had struggled endlessly and were considering withdrawing from the race altogether. Come qualifying, the car was still suffering, and on the out lap the wastegate jammed closed and was still overboosting. The team called the car back to the pits over the team radio, but instead, a frustrated Blundell removed his ear piece and made an unorthodox decision to go for it. The result? Pole position, a whole 6 seconds in front of the second placed car. Blundell says because of the running problems, he had no idea how much power the car actually had (about 1100bhp apparently!) until he came on to the pit straight to start his qualifying lap. He had no idea of his braking points because he had never traveled that fast down the straights. He states...

"Every input was pure relfex – things were coming at me everyehre I looked. For about 50 percent of the lap I felt like I was on the verge of a massive accident.”

Its a brilliant story, well documented in Evo not so long a go, and the video is incredible!

Here is the vid...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lMItc4cy8U&playnext=1&list=PLC5510FE94D3728DB
mike56gte

11th Aug 11 at 23:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Butler
Fantastic vid.

Alain de Cadenet first drove Le Mans in 1971, in a Ferrari 512M. He recently spoke to our magazine of the right hander you mention, stating it took him lap after frustration lap before he could build up the bottle to take it flat, originally thinking he would never manage it. Very frightening for the first time I can imagine.

i take it flat out on GT5! lol

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Porsche 956 - Old Le Mans (On Board) 23 database queries in 0.0093079 seconds