corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Diet and Exercise

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Diet and Exercise
RichR
Premium Member

User status: Offline
16th Aug 11 at 13:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Firstly, I'm not particularaly overweight, just carrying a bit of weight around my stomach/beer belly and have a holiday coming up in 7 weeks so thought it was enough of a incentive to do something proactive. I was 76.5kg clothed (at 5ft9") but ideally I'd like to get down to 70kg

2 week ago I put myself on a stupid diet, eating no:-

- Bread
- Dairy (Cheese, Butter, Milk etc.)
- Red Meat
- Carbs (Potato, Pasta, Cous Cous etc.)
- Alcohol
- Chocolate, Biscuits, Sweets, Crisps
- High Sugar fruits, Grapes etc
- Sugary drinks
and worst of all Relentless which I have 1-2 cans a day of normally.

Pretty much all I've eaten is Lettuce, peppers, tomatoes and Tuna/chicken and aimed for sub 1000 calories a day, been drinking 2-3litres of water per day. I've had a couple of offdays with family meals etc, but been pretty good and lost 3.5kg total in 2 weeks.

I've subsidised that with cycling 3 times a week, minimum 18mile sessions, cross country type not just on the flat and then snowboarding 2 nights a week. I've been doing 100(ish) Sit Ups and 50(ish) press ups every other night.

I've felt my fitness coming up, cycling is now much easier, even after only 5/6 sessions - I'm making it to the top of hills that I was struggling with when I started.

BUT

I've stopped losing any weight/beer belly - I lost 3kg in the first week, 0.5kg in the second but I haven't dropped anything off my waist.

Any ideas? I'm guessing the diet isn't ideal either and I could do something more suitable.

jibjob

16th Aug 11 at 14:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The trick is to eat little but often mate. The ideal diet has breakfast, mid morning snack, dinner, pre training snack, a form of after training recovery (shakes, etc), tea and then an evening snack. Snacks can be anything from wholemeal bagels to peanuts to fresh fruit, you've just got to keep it balanced. Also if you allow yourself one or two "cheat days" where you eat and drink what you want then for the rest of the week it will be easier as you're not craving the foods you like.

Don't cut out carbs as your bodies metabolism needs them to help burn fat. Just eat a balanced diet but try to keep the saturated fat level down as much as possible. Easy peasy Eat a lot of spicy food as well as that will boost your metabolism and help speed up weight loss.

As for the speed of weightloss and waist size i read somewhere that the first week theres a massive loss in comparison due to the body flushing out all the crap thats been stored from the previous diet and then it gets harder. Just keep going and it'll go! If you feel that the size if possibly due to a bit of water retention dry drinking a couple of glasses of dry white wine a night as i read it reduces body fat and water retention levels within the body.

Hope that helps you lovely man!
RichR
Premium Member

16th Aug 11 at 14:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What would you recommend as a typical daily diet then?
jibjob

16th Aug 11 at 15:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A typical daily diet for me that i try sticking to is:

Breakfast- museli, banana, strawberries, semi skimmed milk or low fat yoghurt.

Mid morning snack- 50g mixed non salted nuts and an apple or orange.

Dinner- jacket potato, 200g beans, a bit of Chorizo (sp), a bit of grated cheese and occasionally a bit of chilli sauce just to speed up metabolism if its a slow week.

Mid afternoon snack- either beef jerky, a raw peeled carrot and a piece of fruit or raw veg and low fat dips (cream cheese, hummus, etc)

Tea - 2 chicken breasts, mushrooms, red peppers, onions, chilli sauce and plain rice.

Obviously thats what i try and try to roughly but actually sticking to it is another thing
You can substitute chicken for fish or lean steak. Veg can be any as long as you try and mix it up throughout the week to get the best from all of them. Nuts can be pretty much any-pecan, brasil, etc.

I tend to do a workout after my mid afternoon snack and before my tea with a 250ml protein shake straight after and then another 250ml shake just before bed.
Then on cheat days i just scoff prok pies and mini rolls

[Edited on 16-08-2011 by jibjob]
emicen

16th Aug 11 at 21:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm in a similar position / on a similar mission. Trying to lose a minimum of 6kg in 4 weeks (just started week 2).

Diet;
- removed all irn bru and redbull
- porridge in the morning
- nuts/apple mid-morning
- sandwich at lunch
- small salad mid afternoon
- steak or chicken and veg at night
- plenty water

Exercise;
- vibration plates evening
- gym session doing weights and some intervals

About to start intervals before commuting to work in the morning to kick start the day.

Gonna be a challenge but ultimately cutting out all bread/pasta/rice/spuds or dairy etc is just not sustainable or balanced.

1.5kg down in week one, not too disheartened though as I was travelling so only got 3 nights/sessions in the gym

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Diet and Exercise 23 database queries in 0.0083740 seconds