corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Had my first crash

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Had my first crash
Kyle T
Premium Member

User status: Offline
19th Aug 11 at 15:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Was thinking about what I was going to have for tea, whilst concentrating really hard on not curbing my wheels - and reversed into a 2008 Audi Estate whilst failing at parallel parking at about 1mph

I heard a horn beep so thought I'd set off the alarm of the Audi, turns out there was no alarm - just an angry pregnant woman sat there screaming at me

Jumped out, put on my best apologetic face and told her I'd jot down my name/number and that I was very sorry - glanced at the damage and couldn't see any. Whilst she searched around for a pen I took a closer look and could see absolutely nothing on the front of the audi (I hit it square on, front to back).

At about this time the husband showed up, I explained what happend (again, being very apologetic) and he got a little bit pissed off - to be fair, mainly because his wife was pregnant.

After a few minutes (if that) of looking for damage, they took my name, reg and mobile number and then left. I sat there for a bit feeling like a complete bellend then went home.

There's a slight scuff on my tailgate, but it pretty much rubbed off with a bit of spit - so I'm not too fussed, but I'm now paranoid that I'm going to get some ridiculous wiplash claim against me or get charged to fix some other damage which was nothing to do with this accident.

Should I proactively ring my insurance company and explain what happened, or do I just sit on this and wait?

I'm mainly paranoid because they were both foreign

[Edited on 19-08-2011 by Kyle T]

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Eddx14xe

19th Aug 11 at 16:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Should of took some photos on your phone.
sand-eel

19th Aug 11 at 16:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol
Russ

19th Aug 11 at 16:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

deny it ever happened, they're probably not insured anyway
Ingham
Banned

19th Aug 11 at 16:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can guarantee the next time you see that car there will be a shit load of damage to it
Kyle T
Premium Member

19th Aug 11 at 16:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Russ
deny it ever happened, they're probably not insured anyway

I'm a hopeless lier.

One thing that did occur to me, is that they were parked on single yellow lines which I'm pretty sure means no parking between 8am and 6pm - which in the eyes of the law should make a 2tonne audi completely invisible

Right?!

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
john_redtop

19th Aug 11 at 16:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yep agree always take pics of the damage or in your case no damage when a woman reversed I to me I took pics of both mine and her car and 1 of both in the position of colission makes it a lot easier
Ben G

19th Aug 11 at 16:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

he's pissed off at you because he probably wanted the baby killed, didn't want to get tied down, ojc style.

i would've took photos to prove no damage, but just hope they don't call saying all sorts of damage has been caused.
stevenc89

19th Aug 11 at 16:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you ever punched a pregnant woman? no? that duct should well and truly have been broken today
Kyle T
Premium Member

19th Aug 11 at 16:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I screwed up with the photos.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Wrighty

19th Aug 11 at 16:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it'l be reet
Graeme
Premium Member

19th Aug 11 at 16:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did you het there details at all? If so ring them and apologies again and ask if they have found any damage.

If they have tell them to take it to a bodyshop and get a quote and then get them to ring you back. If its not alot tell them to go ahead and you will sort out paying the bodyshop for the work!

Will be alot less than your excess no doubt.
stevenc89

19th Aug 11 at 16:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

about the pictures, yes they should have been taken but i bet you wernt thinking straight so it is totally understandable about not getting the pics. first crash and you learn from it mate. Just hope they dont claim you but iam sure there baby will be keeping them ocupied
Kyle T
Premium Member

19th Aug 11 at 16:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Graeme
Did you het there details at all?

Yeah I may have screwed up with that too.

I need more practise with this crashing lark'.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Eddx14xe

19th Aug 11 at 16:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You should be able to record phone calls on your phone aswell.
adiohead

19th Aug 11 at 16:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Should of kicked off and punched him.

Accidents happen and it's not your fault his ugly wife got pregnant.
Adam-D

19th Aug 11 at 16:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

normally the car will magically end up with the front stoved in.
it will have gained 3 more passengers.
and all of them will be scarred for life. and need massive amounts of money to help them through this tough time
Twiggy

19th Aug 11 at 16:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When some knobber pulled out on the mrs (I was a passenger) i went fucking mental and the guy started foaming at the mouth and spazzing out! Did not look like there was any damage and he took pics but when i got home and cleaned the dust/traffic haze off there was a dent He came round and i offerd to have it dent masterd or give me £50 he did the later
makincorsac

19th Aug 11 at 16:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if ur insurance rings u u just say what crash whos got my details WTF
John

19th Aug 11 at 16:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You'll get a letter through in 6 months for a baby with whiplash and a new front end on the car.
Kyle T
Premium Member

19th Aug 11 at 16:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
You'll get a letter through in 6 months for a baby with whiplash and a new front end on the car.

Seriously though, should I ring my insurance? At least give them my side of the story - or am I better off keeping quiet and maintaining some.... deniability?

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Jake

19th Aug 11 at 17:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i went into the back of a woman driving a mg tf. we both got out, proper 30s milf there was no damage and she was asking me if i was ok best crash ever
Rich H

19th Aug 11 at 17:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd personally hang fire for now.

TBH I would have probably forgotten to get their details too, but lack of pics is a big fail
Tomnova16
Premium Member

19th Aug 11 at 17:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did you decide on Earl grey for tea??

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
LeeM

19th Aug 11 at 17:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont tell them, if they contact you about the claim say you were reversing and there was no collision but the woman beeped at you so you stopped and got out to discuss it and you all agreed there wasnt actually a collision but youre happy for your vehicle to be inspected. you gave the guy your number because you got chatting and he said hed let you know how they were after the baby was born

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Had my first crash 23 database queries in 0.0172780 seconds