corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Kelvin Fortune...

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Kelvin Fortune...
ShEp

User status: Offline
20th Aug 11 at 19:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

..Want's to buy my phone I listed on Gumtree

quote:

Dear (e-mail address blanked out),

Thank you for using PayPal.
Note that PayPal verifies member's account on a regular basis
to secure a maximum protection for both parties.

This email confirm that you have a pending payment from one of our client. The present status of the transaction is *PENDING* the funds has been debited from the buyer's account now awaiting onward transfer to your PayPal account upon confirmation of shipment for security purpose.

You are now mandated to ship the *** Sony Xperia x10 *** to the buyer's confirmed address and email us a proof of shipment such as shipment confirmation code/receipt reference number, this is required for shipment verification in other to transfer the funds in question to your account immediately.

You have PayPal authority 100% assurance, upon shipment confirmation, your account will be credited instantly as follow
Amount: £190.00 GBP
This is 100% assurance from PayPal authority to you.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: Do not email or give the buyer any shipment tracking number until you are asked to do so by PayPal authority.

Understand that we are taking this security measure to safeguard both party against the ongoing internet fraud and make PayPal a safer place for online transactions.

We are highly sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Thanks for your understanding.

Scott Thompson
President
PayPal, Inc

I've had a somewhat 'interesting' back and forth with him, which I will post later

Baiting.
John

20th Aug 11 at 19:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's almost legit, why the fuck do they not just copy a real one and then it would be worded properly?
ShEp

20th Aug 11 at 19:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Hi there andy, you have received a reply to your Gumtree posting "Sony Xperia x10" (ad# 86375331) from Kelvin Fortune <kelvinfortune28@yahoo.co.uk>:

How much is the final price of this item?

Hmm interesting, I'll bite.

quote:

I reply.

The item price is £160

Around 3 seconds later....

quote:

From Kelvin Fortune

Thanks for your quick response,I will Pay £190 for the item and the shipping cost abroad via royal mail.......Reply asap with your paypal email address or paypal money request so that I can complete the payment asap.

Did I not just say £160.....?

TBC...

[Edited on 20-08-2011 by ShEp]
ShEp

20th Aug 11 at 19:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Subject: RE: Reply to your ad: Sony Xperia x10
To: kelvinfortune33@yahoo.co.uk
Date: Saturday, 20 August, 2011, 17:11

shipping to where?

I'm curious now.

quote:

From Kelvin Fortune

I am sending it to my brother -in-law who is working in one construction company in that country
so you will help me to send the package to him but we are both the citizen of United Kingdom (Glasgow ).
The shipping cost via Registered Royal Mail is between 5 pounds to 12 pounds.

John Samuel
City : Abeokuta
State: Ogun State
Zip Code: 23403

So get back to me with your paypal email address so that payment can be make on time..........
Thanks

Orly, Nigeria.

quote:

From Kelvin Fortune

I will make the payment now and you will be notify with payment notification as soon as payment is
made for the item and i want you to delete the ad from gumtree asap........

He's an eagre beaver

He then send's me 3 e-mails, from service@paypal.com

Pending funds
Funds sent
Funds recievd from Kelvin Fortune

He then gets quite stroppy......

tbc
ShEp

20th Aug 11 at 19:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Hi Mate,
i have made the payment and you must have been notify with payment confirmation from paypal.....I want you to proceed with the shipment of the item asap.....
i want you to delete the ad from gumtree asap.........

Here is my brother -in-law Address
Name:John Samuel
Address: No 11 Lafenwa Street
City : Abeokuta
State: Ogun State
Zip Code: 23403

I want you to send the item out via ROYALMAIL.................get back to me with the shipment tracking number as
soon as you send the item to him.............You can reach me on this number 07024093672.Hope to hear from you and it is my pleasure doing business with you.....
Thanks
Kelvin Fortune

What a lovely chap, Pleasure to do buisness with.

quote:

I reply....

THIS IS A SCAM, I'M NOT SENDING OUT ANYTHING UNTIL THE PAYMENT CLEARS IN MY BANK.

PAYPAL SAYS NOTHING WHEN I LOG IN, YOU HAVE SENT ME A FAKE PAYPAL E-MAIL

Let's see what he says now....

quote:

From Kelvin Fortune

Stop lying.i want you to check your account very well because I have paid for this item and stop talking as if you have loosen nut in your brain

Oh I'm the liar?

quote:

I reply

STOP SENDING ME FAKE PAYPAL E-MAILS

I'm getting bored of him now, he keeps sending paypal e-mails over and over again...

quote:

From Kelvin Fortune

You are stupid,what is this nonsense you are telling me after payment had been made for the item ,
you now have the gut to tell me this rubbish.I will deal with you because I will order my boys to kill
you except you ship my package............Be expecting me in your house,office,club etc.Don't be surprise to
see me as I have gotten your details through electronics detectors.You are a dead fellow already,a working ghost

Working Ghost? I like that one, never heard that one before...

quote:

I reply..

You have not paid anything, I have checked paypal.

You guy's are fucking scum, may I draw your attention to http://www.thescambaiter.com/

Happy fuck all Nigerian

May you catch aids one day

Ah well, he'll be on TheScamBaiter for a while now reading about his brother or something

Or not...

quote:

From Kelvin Fortune

You are very stupid,what do you think that you are doing;If you don't post the item ,you know what to do next...........
Stop deceiving yourseif and post this item or else i will kill you and I will still be in possession of this phone of yours.
My boys will strike you without mercy......stupid fellow.I will deal with you as you are a con person trying to rip me off of my money.

So deciding I cba anymore as I'm hungry I remind him that I now know where he lives...

quote:

I reply...

You havent sent any money, you are a scammer, there is thousands of you trying to rip off decent hard working UK residents.

I have Nigerian connection's, and if that address you have given me has anything to do with you, then I'd be very worried about getting a visit sometime soon.

Haven't heard from him since

He'll be off scamming someone else by now.

The thing I find worrying is, that I knew what he was up to, but how many unsuspecting people is he ripping off, everyday with this shit.

I'll post up the paypal e-mails if anyone wants to see but they could easily be mistaken for real ones.
moka

21st Aug 11 at 18:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you are that stupid to fall for anything like that, you kind of deserve it. At least then you will learn. Sites including ebay etc should give sellers alot more information then they currently do regarding this though tbh.
Matty W

21st Aug 11 at 19:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I like the ones i get from foreign princes asking me to hold there money for a while. never managed to have a conversation with one though

ShEp

21st Aug 11 at 19:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This guy's still sending me fake paypal emails

One now states I may be dragged into legal action
ShEp

21st Aug 11 at 19:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by moka
If you are that stupid to fall for anything like that, you kind of deserve it. At least then you will learn. Sites including ebay etc should give sellers alot more information then they currently do regarding this though tbh.

I'm of the same opinion

But it's easy to see why people get drawn in, when on the face of it you recieve e-mails from service@paypal.com

He's been firing on with the death threats
BluKoo

21st Aug 11 at 20:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Happens all the time with stuff on gumtree.
ShEp

21st Aug 11 at 20:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BluKoo
Happens all the time with stuff on gumtree.

I was amazed

Phone was on for all of 30mins and I had about 15 e-mails from them.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Kelvin Fortune... 22 database queries in 0.0070779 seconds