corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » Going looking at a house tomorrow

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Going looking at a house tomorrow
mattk

User status: Offline
30th Aug 11 at 14:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is it a bit weird to knock on the neighbours and ask them how long its been up for sale and a general bit of background info? its quite a nice house so I doubt they will be scallys that will try to bash me in

Im just a bit fed up of hearing the same shite from estate agents " oh yeah its only been up a few weeks and we have had loads of interest" "yeah its a beautiful area" "i wouldnt hang about Ive got 2 comming looking later on" ect ect ect
Neo

30th Aug 11 at 14:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nah, what harm is there in asking ? I did it where I am now to make sure there werent a load of druggies in the house
pow
Premium Member

31st Aug 11 at 08:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No harm, they'll either want to speak to you or not... if they don't thank them for your time and bugger off.
John

31st Aug 11 at 08:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get firefox and the property bee add on, you'll see how long it's been on rightmove without chapping doors.
Rob_Quads

31st Aug 11 at 10:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
Get firefox and the property bee add on, you'll see how long it's been on rightmove without chapping doors.

Yup - really handy to see when it was put on the market - also the price changes that its done.
mattk

31st Aug 11 at 17:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just been and had a look, got my old fella to ring the agents and ask how long it had been up and was their any offers, been on for 6 weeks and has no offers yet, thats what I got told by the chap I seen too so all good

gonna whack an offer of £88k in tomorrow as opposed to the £95k asking price, Im well prepared to be told to gtf
Danny P

31st Aug 11 at 18:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I did this when I bought my house. Couple were really nice and even invited me in to have a look roundthier house to get a better idea of size with stuff in (one I was buying was empty) which really helped.

Worst they can do is tell you to fuck off.
AndyKent

31st Aug 11 at 20:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd go with £85k then come up if they say no. I went in £15k below asking then came up to £10k below and said it was an absolute final offer.

They said no originally, then rung me back two days later and said yes. Worth a try.
Sam
Premium Member

1st Sep 11 at 09:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We got about £11k off the asking price on our new house
John

1st Sep 11 at 10:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not really much point going by what you get off the asking price atm, if you get loads off it just means they were asking too much.

Offer what you think it's worth.
Sam
Premium Member

1st Sep 11 at 11:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It needed a new roof (£3k) which we've just had done, but apart from that their original asking price seemed to be what other similar houses in the area that are selling for these days go for.

I think they were also desperate to sell due to being divorced and wanting the money ASAP etc.
whitter45

1st Sep 11 at 12:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
Not really much point going by what you get off the asking price atm, if you get loads off it just means they were asking too much.

Offer what you think it's worth.

completely agree with this

also depends on their situation - if they need rid then they will take offers

Good luck with it - where abouts is it

Hoping for an offer on mine very soon with any luck
Jon_C
Premium Member

4th Sep 11 at 11:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How did you get on?
pow
Premium Member

5th Sep 11 at 07:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He slept 2 meters away from me this weekend so no progress yet as far as I know!

New Poll