corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Car tax and insurance

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Car tax and insurance
daymoon
Premium Member

User status: Offline
1st Sep 11 at 12:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No, This is not another thread on raising car insurance and car tax costs( that will be end of september for me )

Tried to buy car tax for my mum. Had current insurance but that was running out in 3 days. Couldn't buy tax online weeks before that. When I went to PO they asked for new certificate?

Can they do that? Car had current MOT and Insurance, so surely that qualifies it for Tax?

I want to tax a car with a temp insurance, but if they are not going to sell me it with one weeks insurance, then I am not even going to bother insuring it...
Sunz

1st Sep 11 at 12:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I believe you are in the right, you have insurance, it could have 10 minutes left on the policy and they should still do your tax.

When I got mine before they said the vehicle just needed to be insured, didn't matter with who or when it ran out, just had to have some insurance.
Ian
Site Administrator

1st Sep 11 at 13:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Proper full policy or temporary thing?

I know most day insure type arrangements can't be use to tax a car. Not sure why, just always understood that you need a long term policy in force.
Corsa_Sport21

1st Sep 11 at 13:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As long as the insurance certificate is valid on the day the tax starts, then it dosn't matter how long the policy has left.

I would go back and kick up fuk.

Edit....

Says it here in black and white....

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/OwningAVehicle/HowToTaxYourVehicle/DG_069671

[Edited on 01-09-2011 by Corsa_Sport21]
DaveyLC

1st Sep 11 at 14:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The rules have changed now though, you can't have a car taxed with no insurance maybe they are being strict because of this?

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Car tax and insurance 22 database queries in 0.0140488 seconds