corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Raising someone else's kid

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Raising someone else's kid
Lynny

User status: Offline
20th Sep 11 at 12:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Has anyone on here raised someone else's kids? How did you find it? Did it cause problems? Either gotten with someone who already has kids, or was pregnant at the time etc? If you haven't, could you do it?
Nath

20th Sep 11 at 12:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My ex had a kid who was 4 years old. It was fine to be honest. The only tricky thing was disciplining him. Whether I was 'allowed' to or not.
Kerry

20th Sep 11 at 13:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Age is a massive factor

For example my 18mth old would welcome anyone and would be none the wiser

My teenager on the other hand.........

I also remember when my dad died i was 12 my bro was 6, my mum got a bf couple years later when i was 14 and i HATED him
My bro thought he was brill, because he was younger and it was a male figure to play games with him if that makes sense

[Edited on 20-09-2011 by Kerry]
Conway563

20th Sep 11 at 13:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What Kerry said TBH, I hated any bloke my mum was with when I was a teenager.
My 5 year old is happy with having a step mum but can still be a bit weird with my mrs. I think that's more to do with my ex than anything else though

[Edited on 20-09-2011 by Conway563]
Russ

20th Sep 11 at 13:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Run away

SetH

20th Sep 11 at 13:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Lynny
Has anyone on here raised someone else's kids? How did you find it? Did it cause problems? Either gotten with someone who already has kids, or was pregnant at the time etc? If you haven't, could you do it?

FUCK YES!
_Allan_

20th Sep 11 at 13:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Always a difficult one. Me and Maddy have our ups and downs but in general she is quite happy at the mo.
Ben J

20th Sep 11 at 13:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wouldn't get too attached until I knew the relationship was serious etc.

My mate took on a kid. He's married to the girl now and the kid is 12 and calls my mate Dad etc. He's never seen his real Dad though which helps. They've since had two more.

You'd never know tho as my mate is ginger and so is the kid!

[Edited on 20-09-2011 by Ben J]
mwg

20th Sep 11 at 13:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Went out with a lass for a few months that had a 6 month old son. Cos of the age he was it wasn't a problem between me and him. I was like his Dad seen as though his real Dad didn't really have a lot to do with him.

It did cause problems for us because the lads real Dad didn't like me being with his ex so we ended up splitting up. He was a right twat over it. Then a few months after that he stopped having anything to do with son anyway. What kind of a man is like that with his son.

I would do it again if I liked the lass enough but hope there wasn't some nut job ex to deal with next time

[Edited on 20-09-2011 by mwg]
J4M13

20th Sep 11 at 13:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im 23, gf is 32 with 3 kids when I met her over 1.5yr ago. Ages are 14,10 and 3. Not had any problems at all really with anything other than her ex husband being a prick most of the time who she was with for 13yrs. It's hard work sometimes with me only being 23 but I just took it all in my stride and care for them all like they were my own. Got a baby in the way in Feb now too
Ben J

20th Sep 11 at 13:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bloody hell. Fair play to you. At 23 too!!
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

20th Sep 11 at 13:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by J4M13
Im 23, gf is 32 with 3 kids when I met her over 1.5yr ago. Ages are 14,10 and 3. Not had any problems at all really with anything other than her ex husband being a prick most of the time who she was with for 13yrs. It's hard work sometimes with me only being 23 but I just took it all in my stride and care for them all like they were my own. Got a baby in the way in Feb now too

bet she has a right saggy minge
Ben J

20th Sep 11 at 13:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VrsTurbo
quote:

You really need to grow up mate.
pow
Premium Member

20th Sep 11 at 13:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Bloody hell, kudos
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

20th Sep 11 at 13:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben J
quote:
Originally posted by VrsTurbo
quote:

You really need to grow up mate.

Ben J

20th Sep 11 at 13:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yep. You.
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

20th Sep 11 at 13:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Yep. You.

At least i have morals and know that cheating on your partner is not the thing you do. So looking at it, maybe i am more grown up than yourself!?
Ben J

20th Sep 11 at 13:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I also know its not the thing to do.

So stop trolling and fuck off.
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

20th Sep 11 at 13:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I also know its not the thing to do.

So stop trolling and fuck off.

Well you obviously dont, as well you wouldnt of got your willy wet from one of your (are they called students as you asses there NVQ's?) if not then clients.
Ben J

20th Sep 11 at 13:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get with it. Wrong job mate. Was years ago.

Try again. I feel like i've got a stalker tbh.
Ben J

20th Sep 11 at 13:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lets get back on topic.

Vrsturbo. Got a prob? u2u me.

Don't ruin someones thread you moron.
djgritt
Premium Member

20th Sep 11 at 13:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm starting to see someone that has a 3yr old. Early days though as not even met the little'un yet.
Bit daunting to think of at times, especially wondering how the dad would react (still involved with his kid, quite reliably etc too by all accounts, so fair play to him for not being a cunt and leaving them to it) but it doesn't scare me off atall.
Steve
Premium Member

20th Sep 11 at 14:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ask ojc
pow
Premium Member

20th Sep 11 at 14:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

inb4ojc

DAMN IT STEVE

[Edited on 20-09-2011 by pow]
Hammer

20th Sep 11 at 14:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

23 with a step son aged 14

Couple of years he'll want to boot your balls for shagging his mum.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Raising someone else's kid 22 database queries in 0.0134690 seconds