corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » FAO Mini One/Cooper/Cooper S drivers!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author FAO Mini One/Cooper/Cooper S drivers!
Norcy91

User status: Offline
   21st Sep 11 at 21:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right, have any of you got one of the above on coilovers and wound right down?

A lad i know has a Cooper dropped right down and is finding that the wheels are rubbing the arches far too much, not just on bumps. Now has anyone else had this problem? I've made him a part at work which him and my brother reckon will solve the problem. And he thinks there could be plenty more people interested as well.

Would anyone on here be interested providing they work and last through the testing? They're all made to a high standard by myself, final choice of material is yet to be decided after testing and priced accordingly to material and cheap labour of course
Jon_C
Premium Member

21st Sep 11 at 21:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't understand what you are getting at ??? If it's too low just raise it up. What did you make to stop the rubbing?
Norcy91

21st Sep 11 at 21:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well yeah, that'd be the obvious answer, but there's some people who like the 'Scene' look and want it sat on it's arse, so if you can give them that look without the rubbing, they'll take it.

It's basically a spacer but for the suspension, not the wheel. It allows them to stay the same height but changes the angle the suspension sits.

Sounds to me like a cheap camber bolt/shim equivalent, but i'm guessing you can't get them for Mini's? Otherwise i'd imagine they'd just get those. I've just been given a drawing and dimensions It's their idea, not mine!
Ojc

21st Sep 11 at 21:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What a fuckkng spastic raise it up for goodness sake, all Minis suffer with vibration when you lower them too much through the front wheels due to the ridiculous angle of the shafts and it looks broken. You need adjustable rear control arms which aren't cheap either.
Norcy91

21st Sep 11 at 21:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
What a fuckkng spastic raise it up for goodness sake, all Minis suffer with vibration when you lower them too much through the front wheels due to the ridiculous angle of the shafts and it looks broken. You need adjustable rear control arms which aren't cheap either.

I'm not going to tell him what to do I think it'll drive like shit having it that low down, his choice not mine.
As far as i know they're for the rears, not the front. So i'm guessing it's instead of the adjustable control arms.
Ojc

21st Sep 11 at 22:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Honestly it will drive like poo will vibrate like a twat and break things quite a lot. I raised mine up for all the reasons above and it's still low now and looks good doesn't have to have it's arse dragging on the floor
Norcy91

21st Sep 11 at 22:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
Honestly it will drive like poo will vibrate like a twat and break things quite a lot. I raised mine up for all the reasons above and it's still low now and looks good doesn't have to have it's arse dragging on the floor

I agree, i'd rather have your's over his. Not just because of the height, mainly because of the supercharger

At the end of the day, if he wants something that'll sort what he says is wrong, while keeping the same height, and he's paying for it, then i'll make it. And if he thinks more people will want them, i'm not going to argue really

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » FAO Mini One/Cooper/Cooper S drivers! 22 database queries in 0.0095680 seconds