corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Black Iphone 4 to White conversion

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Black Iphone 4 to White conversion
danny_vx

User status: Offline
28th Sep 11 at 17:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Apple-iPhone-4-Black-White-Full-Conversion-Kit-UK-/180688827071?pt=UK_Replacement_Parts_Tools&hash=item2a11e4b2bf#ht_2134wt_1396

Has anyone done this?
John

28th Sep 11 at 17:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Unless they are official apple parts that will be crap.
stubs

28th Sep 11 at 17:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Doubt they are for that price.

Also, they are quite small inside, so would imagine it's a fiddly task with risk of f-king things up if you're not used to that sort of thing, or have parkinson's
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

29th Sep 11 at 12:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I used similar to swap gfs brothers, screen was good fit as fixes to the chassis but the back was poor, bought a second back from different seller and was perfect!

Think cost £55 all in but was to swap a smashed screen so needed doing.

Got another to do this week when parts arrive.

To swap screen you have to physically remove all parts of the phone. Quite time consuming.

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car
Brett
Premium Member

29th Sep 11 at 12:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Any phones I've ever done aren't really fiddly. Just a case of a few screws to undo and pulling in the right places usually. Most of the contents is then attached again somehow inside, be it screws, cables, etc.

Agreeed with the cheap cases thing tho, any aftermarket ones I've bought have been so cheap and nasty. Definitely buy the real deal.
LeeM

29th Sep 11 at 15:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

3gs is fiddly as fuck, i imagine the 4 to be the same
sc0ott

29th Sep 11 at 16:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just get the white stickers?
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

29th Sep 11 at 17:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LeeM
3gs is fiddly as fuck, i imagine the 4 to be the same

3GS is easy, undo screws, sucker on screen, lift, undo ribbons then reverse.
4 you open from the back and need to get everything out before can remove the 8 screws holding screen to chassis.

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car
Balling
Premium Member

29th Sep 11 at 19:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by danny_vx
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Apple-iPhone-4-Black-White-Full-Conversion-Kit-UK-/180688827071?pt=UK_Replacement_Parts_Tools&hash=item2a11e4b2bf#ht_2134wt_1396

Has anyone done this?

Changing the backside is literally a question of removing bottom screws, popping old back cover off, clicking new one on and replacing screws.

The screen I wouldn't bother trying to change. Looks fiddly as fuck.
Also I wouldn't go for an aftermarket screen as they tend to have all manor of inferiorities including: weaker glass, horrible colour tints, dead pixels, unresponsive touch panel etc.

A2H GO

29th Sep 11 at 20:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I done lots of conversions, red, blue, mid frame changes. Mainly do 3G/3GS screens though which are price of piss. Also done lots of 3G/3GS rear housing and bezel replacements. Literally everything has to come out right down to prising the old camera housing out the old case and transferring over.

I've used lots of different suppliers and have yet to come across genuine parts despite most being advertised as such. They never fit quite right given most of the tolerances are less than a mm. For example the volume/power buttons don't give that clean click which really does my head in, although i have a little trick for that. Yet to come a across proper polycarbonate rear housings too, most tend to be plastic which although look the same will no doubt shatter if dropped. I'd imagine using proper genuine parts would price most repairers out of the market.

The conversion you posted uses the old grill style prox sensor too, you'll have problems with that guaranteed.

[Edited on 29-09-2011 by A2H GO]

New Poll