corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » MOT Testers...

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author MOT Testers...
harrybanks

User status: Offline
11th Oct 11 at 17:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im looking at doing my MOT course to become at MOT tester, Im 21, have 4 years experience and have the qualifications needed to apply, just want to ask thise of you who are testers if you're glad you done it?

I dont want to be doing MOT's all day long, we already have 3 testers so I will hopefully just be asked to do them when someone is off sick or we are extra busy etc, Ive finished my apprenticeship and see doing the MOT course as the next step.. also a change in salary. (My dad owns his own business, I dont work with him, but If one day I go work for him or take it over blah blah blah I will need to do it at some point anyways so kinda want to do it sooner rather than later)

Any pro's and con's from any testers, what age were you and glad you done it etc?

Any advice is welcome
SportBoy

11th Oct 11 at 17:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i was 21 when i did it, and yes i am glad as its another certificate and a higher wage if you are a tester. ive only worked at the same place since i left school (12 years!) so cant comment on how other garages work really but i only do a few mots a week as im mainly on the spanner side... as thats what i prefer.

also if you do ever need a job in another garage it will help as most garages will prefer and mot tester too.

[Edited on 11-10-2011 by SportBoy]
AdamF
Premium Member

11th Oct 11 at 17:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have been testing since 2005 and I left the tools to do it and I don't regret it one bit.

Certainly worth doing if you have an opportunity as you have to be sponsored by a garage to do the course, and it helps with other jobs
dannymccann

11th Oct 11 at 18:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its another certificate, even better if they will pay for it for you, go for it
AdamF
Premium Member

11th Oct 11 at 18:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It doesn't cost a garage anything to put a tester through, so they dont lose anything for you
johnhara1

11th Oct 11 at 18:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Plus your own cars will never fail an mot again
harrybanks

11th Oct 11 at 21:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers for the replys, I think I read that it is free if you pass/complete the course, so yeah doesnt cost me or my work anything and they'll still pay me the time im off work doing it. As said its another certificate, just dont want to be doing MOT's all day everyday.

Im going to have a word with the boss about it tomorrow

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » MOT Testers... 22 database queries in 0.0108058 seconds