corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Rope Acccess

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Rope Acccess
ShEp

User status: Offline
16th Oct 11 at 21:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone do it for a living?

Been looking about and quite fancy taking the course on.

Can be usefull to someone from my area as the North sea is close by and there is a lot of wind turbines about here now.

Just looking for other personal experiences really.
Gary
Premium Member

16th Oct 11 at 21:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Rope access? Sounds fun
C2RL R

16th Oct 11 at 21:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Never heard of it before but I imagine if you do it you would be in a minority of people that have it. That will probably mean you will be in demand so that can't be a bad thing.
Seany

17th Oct 11 at 07:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not really s minority tbh, depends what level you want to get to and what level the jobs require, basic is level 1 then you need so many hours on the ropes signed off to upgrade to level 2. Think there is a test also. Level 3 is basically looking after all the others checking ropes kit etc. Good money but neebs working away most of the time.
3CorsaMeal

17th Oct 11 at 08:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my mates younger brother does this, started a couple of years back.

Money seems good and he always has something to do, elevator shafts, sides of buildings etc
RichR
Premium Member

17th Oct 11 at 09:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My missus' brother did the course a couple of months ago, he has something to do with civil engineering/bridges etc
Ellis

17th Oct 11 at 11:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A level 3 RA supervisor earns a fortune in the North Sea, if you've got a good head for heights then go for it. Good luck mate.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Rope Acccess 22 database queries in 0.0103631 seconds