corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Stalled the engine Now struggles to start? Help

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Stalled the engine Now struggles to start? Help
JoshE93

User status: Offline
2nd Nov 11 at 22:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just moved my car off the drive and my foot slipped off the clutch pedal and i stalled the car. Went to start it back up and it like struggled to fire up. When i had started the engine i tried putting it into reverse but it wouldnt go in it took me at least 5 attempts of putting it into reverse gear till it eventually went in.
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
2nd Nov 11 at 22:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's two problems not one.

Trouble starting could be the battery or slight flood although without hearing it that's difficult to tell.

Trouble selecting reverse may mean the linkage or clutch needs adjusting or replacing for the clutch. Put it in first before going to reverse should help you a bit.

[Edited on 02-11-2011 by Ian]
JoshE93

User status: Offline
2nd Nov 11 at 22:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
That's two problems not one.

Trouble starting could be the battery or slight flood although without hearing it that's difficult to tell.

Trouble selecting reverse may mean the linkage or clutch needs adjusting or replacing for the clutch. Put it in first before going to reverse should help you a bit.

[Edited on 02-11-2011 by Ian]

What would it sound like if the engine has flooded abit
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
2nd Nov 11 at 22:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It'd turn over at normal speed but not fire. As opposed to if the battery is flat it would turn over slower.

New Poll