corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Need help with car covers

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Need help with car covers
Kieran
Premium Member

User status: Offline
12th Nov 11 at 21:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right need a car cover for the car over winter and while I'm working on it. Only thing is how can it be waterproof and breathable? And will it not go rotten under there if it gets damp? I just don't know how they work.

Are they safe?

Car will be fully cleaned and waxed before it goes on so it gets protected from scratches.

Cheers!
DansCorsaSXi
Organiser: Yorkshire
Premium Member

12th Nov 11 at 21:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't think they do owt mate,just ordered one for mine and not thought about any of that.

Star silver C20XE SXi Project thread

Smoke Grey Corsa GSi Project thread
shaunmods
Premium Member

12th Nov 11 at 21:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I used one on mine when I did my conversion but it didnt actually get wet because it was under a car port.

You hear a lot of horror stories about them trapping moisture under them and causing rot If its not going to be under cover in a garage or something I'd probably just wax the hell out of it bud and leave it.
corsa-torque

12th Nov 11 at 21:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

To keep in top condition over the winter months, a cover can be used, but I'd advise removing it once every 3 weeks for a quick clean and polish.
Covers are best if you have engine bay bling etc you want to keep looking sweet.
Kieran
Premium Member

12th Nov 11 at 22:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers for the help, all I'm thinking about really is to cover up the engine bay from the eliments. As il have no bonnet on it no wings and no from bumper. So whilst it's having work done I wanna stop shit and water getting to it.

But the last thing I want is for my cat that has no rust to then rot like a fucker under a cover.

I just can't get my head around something being waterproof and breathable?? Lol.
Jamie-C

13th Nov 11 at 02:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It'll do more bad than good tbh mate. You answered your own question in the OP , they trap moisture, which in turn causes things to rust. And then they shake about in the wind causing damage to the paintwork, and I've also heard of cats going under them to keep warm, causing more damage to the paintwork.
ash-ov-boro

13th Nov 11 at 02:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my cars going under one when the snow comes
Kieran
Premium Member

13th Nov 11 at 18:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Most it will do to paint work is swirl marks ect no? Wel that and rot? I just don't want to use tarpuling over the engine bay really lol

Also must be better than the snow staying on the car for weeks on end? Lol

[Edited on 13-11-2011 by Kieran]
bigron1988

13th Nov 11 at 20:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

prob sound stupid but could you not throw a few old duvets over it then a car cover as the duvets will be nice and soft on the paint work
Kieran
Premium Member

20th Nov 11 at 15:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Could do but don't have any spare

Also what about the condensation that happens in the mornings ect. Stupid Q but will it not get that under the cover?

New Poll