corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » People still living at their parents...

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author People still living at their parents...
Gary
Premium Member

User status: Offline
14th Nov 11 at 21:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

...And over 25. Why?

Noticed a few folk on here still living 'at home' and seem to be far too old to be.

sc0ott

14th Nov 11 at 21:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

23 and put in for a council house/flat, but takes ages to get offered anything.
Gary
Premium Member

14th Nov 11 at 21:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whys a council house?

Job isuues etc?

[Edited on 14-11-2011 by Gary]
Oli_p

14th Nov 11 at 21:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

23 and in far to much debt to leave as of yet, but have spoken to mates who are willing to house share once i get financially sorted again, was originally meant to move out when i was 19 to share with friends but decided id want a new car first
Ricky352

14th Nov 11 at 21:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It seems to be the way these days. Two fellas live beside me are still with their parents, they must be 28 and 32 or roundabouts. People seem to be getting married later etc.

I'm 23 living at home but hope to change that asap once I get qualified next year.
Gary
Premium Member

14th Nov 11 at 21:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i moved out at 19 with a mate. Hard to move out on your own unless your on 30k plus up here, prob worse down south i guess
Ian
Site Administrator

14th Nov 11 at 21:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine keep asking me to move back.
John

14th Nov 11 at 21:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I moved out at 26 because I had it cushty at the parents and I couldn't move to the sort of thing I wanted until then.
DannyB
Premium Member

14th Nov 11 at 21:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Costs I would think, very hard these day for people who want to buy.
N3CRO

14th Nov 11 at 21:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its not uncommon for ppls these days to be living at home while in there late 20's early 30's tbh. With debts and having to take low pay work, alot just can't afford it.
My sister is 34 and still living at home simply coz she can't afford to move out even though she has a full time job.
I'm 29 and will hopefully be moving out next year as I'm sick of living with my folks.

[Edited on 14-11-2011 by TheNobleOne]
AndyKent

14th Nov 11 at 21:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

People are generally rubbish at saving tbh.

Won't rent (stigma of 'dead money') but won't save either = can't move out.
DannyB
Premium Member

14th Nov 11 at 21:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fuck, always thought you was early 20's Noble
Eddx14xe

14th Nov 11 at 21:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Id hate to still live with my mum at that age. Im 21 next month and cant wait until i can afford to move out.
Neil

14th Nov 11 at 21:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Mine keep asking me to move back.
Ricky352

quote:
Originally posted by Gary
i moved out at 19 with a mate. Hard to move out on your own unless your on 30k plus up here, prob worse down south i guess

Not many people under 25 would be earning 30k a year. In fact a lot of people may never earn it.

Thats quite young in my opinion, I wish I could have. Really getting to me these days still being in the house.

When I was in the civil service loads of them lived with parents, even one of my mates who was easily nearly 40.
N3CRO

quote:
Originally posted by DannyB
Fuck, always thought you was early 20's Noble

Fucking wish I was! I was 25 when I signed up on here.
Paul_J

I moved out at 18, lived at uni, traveled the world, came back lived in rented flat for a few years. Then realized with the price of rent £750 / month + £160 council tax / month) and the cost of your average flat to buy (£130k-£200k), I would benefit greatly from moving back home short term to save my deposit (aged 25).

I now could afford to buy a place, but I don't really know if I want to right now (uncertain economic / housing climate) / or where I want to buy.

It also afforded me enough disposable income to live a childhood dream and go motor racing.

Now (aged 26) definitely looking to move out again soon, but just deciding what I want to do. e.g. Buy somewhere to live, buy somewhere to rent out, stay at home a bit longer and save more or just finally go back out to the real world and rent again (question is where I want to live again).

- also keep in mind, over the time I moved back home I've had a couple of pay rises and bonus payouts, so I would be more comfortable in the previous situation regardless anyway.

[Edited on 14-11-2011 by Paul_J]
Gary
Premium Member

14th Nov 11 at 22:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AndyKent
People are generally rubbish at saving tbh.

Won't rent (stigma of 'dead money') but won't save either = can't move out.

I'd rather be renting than be at my parents.

Got house deposit/wedding fund but not in the financial state i wojuld like to be in to buy as yet
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

14th Nov 11 at 22:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

26 and living at home, big farm to live on, plenty of space, peaceful in the dark, ADSL, sky television, never bothered, space for shitty cars etc. ace.
corsadonk
Premium Member

14th Nov 11 at 22:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Next door to me still lives with his Mum. I think he is 33.

I don't have a choice, my Dad died when I was 17, and my Mum moved to Germany about 6 years ago, my Brother lives in Holland. So I haven't got any family I'm contact with in England. So I'm pretty fucked if anything goes wrong.
N3CRO

14th Nov 11 at 22:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Someone I used to chat to on Xbox was 40 and still lived with his mum. I think he did move out for several years at some point and ended up moving back home though.
sc0ott

14th Nov 11 at 22:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gary
Whys a council house?

Job isuues etc?

Not fully qualified in my job yet, plus with all the recession and how it could happen again put me off moving out due to everyones jobs being at risk etc.

When i move out i dont want to be in the position where i have to move back in, plus i want my own space for a while which is why i wont be flat sharing with mates or my GF.

Gary
Premium Member

14th Nov 11 at 22:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Willay has it cushty.

Ricky... I'm not saying i was on 30k at 19. i meant buying a place.

Its more commonplace now to rent. Buying a house dosent seem to be as mch of a big deal anymore.

I value by personal space/fredom more than money. plus you cant really have proper relationships when still with your 'rents, no matter what anyone says
Jord16vSport

14th Nov 11 at 22:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know of someone who is 38 and still lives at home. His mum and dad sort everything for him, even the servicing of his car and the insurance and his phone bills. He pays for it but they arrange everything! Pathetic!
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

14th Nov 11 at 22:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I couldnt move my bird in, that would be strange. I have no doubt that I will end up in a dale farm style static caravan in one the fields.

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » People still living at their parents... 22 database queries in 0.0173569 seconds