corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Quick question... anyone know about Celica's?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Quick question... anyone know about Celica's?
kz

User status: Offline
19th Nov 11 at 11:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Quite like the look of the Celica TRD... does anyone know much about this version? Can't seem to find much through Google. For instance, was it just a T-Sport available with a TRD bodykit from the factory. Were there any other additions apart from the bodykit?

Even though this ain't completely the bodykit, but it does look nice imo, especially considering these are hitting the £2k mark now...

Or should I just get another Clio 182!?
kennySRi

19th Nov 11 at 11:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My mate is crazy about these and has a standard one with the full GT kit fitted.

Afaik that isnt the TRD kit, it's the GT one. Think TRD had some gay flare arches and some odd vents and things stuck to it.

That is a GT model and will cost £5k-£10 depending on mileage and year. The same as the 190 models but with the kit obviously and a different interior. Pretty sure the engine is the same.

Best buying a 190 for £2k and buying the parts. The wheels are around £900 new from toyota and the splitters, skirts will be a few hundred each. The spoiler costs a bomb though iirc.

Edit : this is the Gt, same as above but with the spiler and wheels, looks like the one you posted is a copy.

[Edited on 19-11-2011 by kennySRi]
kz

19th Nov 11 at 11:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh yes, I see, the spoiler is different, the actual one I was looking at is...

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201146428410589/sort/priceasc/usedcars/model/celica/make/toyota/radius/20/page/1/postcode/ss12uq/quicksearch/true?logcode=p

Still looks pretty spanking for the price but doesn't have the TRD wheels or spoiler.
kennySRi

19th Nov 11 at 11:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks a good price that. The front splitter is the proper gt one and if it's plastic would of cost over £200. Do you know if that's the 140 or 190 model? Seems a bit of a bargain, would definetly take a look at it.
kennySRi

19th Nov 11 at 11:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The standard (smaller) spiler would look better anyway. My mate has a copy of the GT one and it's the only thing that lets the car down as it's just too big
jase77

19th Nov 11 at 11:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

most 190 t sport around 2k will be a bit of a shed. I looked at loads not long ago for more than that. I give up in the end and got a corolla t sport. Keep a look out for oil levels as early ones can use up to 4 litres of oil to 250 miles lol
kz

19th Nov 11 at 13:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Same company... this looks like a right bargain!

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201146428410540/sort/priceasc/usedcars/dealer/761/page/1/postcode/ss12uq/advert-type/dealer-stock?logcode=dsp#dealerProfileSection
jase77

19th Nov 11 at 14:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats well cheap
kz

19th Nov 11 at 14:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Could probably but that and make a profit tbh...

Pretty decent prices from that company it seems. I've already had a 182 though and parts were expensive, not sure I want another.

Was also looking at an Octavia vRS, good prices on these now. I know there doesn't seem to be much in common between the cars I'm looking at lol.
jase77

19th Nov 11 at 14:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks like they are all trade sales so you could be left with some big repair bills. go test drive a 190 celica not much goes wrong with them
emicen

19th Nov 11 at 15:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

T-Sport / 180s use the 2ZZGE with VVTL-i, they can drink oil and spin shells. Not a cheap fix.

The kid above is the TRD factory option one. The TRD widebody one is completely different and thankfully rare.

GT spec ones got you an alcantara interior and some other spec tweeks. No performance gains.

I wouldn't really entertain the 140 with the 1ZZ, wouldn't pull back your foreskin.

[Edited on 19-11-2011 by emicen]

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Quick question... anyone know about Celica's? 22 database queries in 0.0069780 seconds