corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Slight corrosion issue :/

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Slight corrosion issue :/
IainL

User status: Offline
   20th Nov 11 at 20:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I put my hand on the metal rear valance yesterday to slide myself underneath to look at treating any rust spots before winter.

It gave way and after taking the bumper off I got what I was looking for alright lol:

It looks like its been reversed over a bollard or something years ago and gone unnoticed!

So, for now, I figured that as nothing is attached to the rear valance and the resulting latticework had been doing nothing at all for the last few years, I just cut it out and painted it for now to stop it spreading. Also did the same with a hole going into the boot floor, but plugged the 'good' metal with isopon for now.

Going to get the metal replaced in the spring but boy can Corsa's rust. The rest of the car underneath and on top is almost rust free so I got a shock!!

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Slight corrosion issue :/ 22 database queries in 0.0080841 seconds