corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Anyone experienced in interior trimming?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Anyone experienced in interior trimming?
Paul W
Premium Member

User status: Offline
28th Nov 11 at 19:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right, just looking for a bit of product advice, looking to trim out my interior and thinking of going for a leatherette headlining. Not sure on what adhesive to purchase as i know a lot of people have had issues with sagging and stuff with spray glue. Wondering if this would work. Also, would it be possible to buy some gel backed carpet and trim the actual floor with it? or would it be easier to just get a proper oem moulded carpet? Cheers peeps.

Rio Verde Bagged More Door Project
Paul_JC

28th Nov 11 at 19:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Me and jodie trimmed her headlining with suede and used carpet glue, no problems with it and its been done for over 2 years.

Carpet wise are you still after a black carpet?
Paul W
Premium Member

28th Nov 11 at 19:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Brush on stuff? Looking around on the net it seems like most brush on contact adhesive will work a treat, especially if it's heat resistant. Yup, still after a black carpet, just thinking if it would be worth trimming the whole floor with the same carpet as what i'm gonna trim the boot in so it all matches nicely or not.

Paul_JC

28th Nov 11 at 21:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nah the stuff we used was spray on stuff but i have heard that brush on contact adhesive is good stuff. and im sure that ive seen a balck 5door carpet somewhere...
pow
Premium Member

28th Nov 11 at 21:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I THINK THINK THINK Jenko_Sport has a contact in this field? I might be wrong, but I THINK his missus does something like this
--ToM--

28th Nov 11 at 21:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

we have a guy who does all our re trims in work been in the game over 25 years he always advises brush on contact adhesive brush onto both serfaces leave to go tacky then bond together it will last a life time spray on glue is shite !!
Paul W
Premium Member

28th Nov 11 at 23:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, just what i wanted to know. I'm assuming a litre of the stuff would be enough for the headlining?

Jamie-C

28th Nov 11 at 23:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wouldn't bother with trimming the carpet tbh mate, I'd just get a black carpet out of a 3 door and fit that. Would be alot cheaper and easier.
Paul W
Premium Member

28th Nov 11 at 23:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, i don't suppose a slight colour difference in boot lining and floor carpet will make much difference.

Jamie-C

28th Nov 11 at 23:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah I misread it, I didn't realise that was your reasoning behind it. If your leaving ghe rear seats in (which I'm assuming you are) then you wouldn't even notice the slight colour difference. Would be nice to have a shagpile carpet in the cabin though
Paul W
Premium Member

29th Nov 11 at 00:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, seats will be staying. I think i'm being too much of a perfectionist at the minute . need to get over the scrappy sometime and have a dig about for a carpet ready for when i re-do the interior. Shagpile carpet does sound nice though, proper pimp mobile style

--ToM--

29th Nov 11 at 09:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

rolls royce have big sheep skin carpets ha ha
pow
Premium Member

29th Nov 11 at 11:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why don't you dye the carpet/
Paul W
Premium Member

29th Nov 11 at 11:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not a fan of dyeing/spraying interior fabrics tbh. Besides, gotta take it out to dye it so might as well replace it with a proper one y'know

Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

29th Nov 11 at 12:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Use brush on contact adhesive for headlining, spray tends to sag after a while in heat!

Spray works fine on A, B, C Pillars just bend plenty round the back for extra tightness.

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Anyone experienced in interior trimming? 23 database queries in 0.0108790 seconds