corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » New work horse bought! :D

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author New work horse bought! :D
Graeme
Premium Member

User status: Offline
29th Nov 11 at 23:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I need a car i can tow better with my bikes and to chuck all my enduro bike stuff when i start to do more hare and hound events on it.

So trawling ebay decided i wanted a passat and i know this is only a 1.6 but will be more than powerfull enough and also good ish fuel econimy.

Hopefully collecting it at the weekend.

CLICK ME

Cheap enough so should be good for a while.
Ricky352

29th Nov 11 at 23:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks like a bargain.
richc

30th Nov 11 at 08:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its a bargain tbf. Looks in good condition.

I imagine it will be painfully slow though. My work mate has a 1.8 20v estate (dubz) and it is hidious. Everytime you come to a hill you have to knock it down a gear thus does high 20's to the gallon.
Graeme
Premium Member

30th Nov 11 at 09:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't care about the speed tbh. My Astra will be fine for that with the 2.2. My viva is very very very slow with a 1159 but I drive it and the pace doesn't bother me!
JM_16v

30th Nov 11 at 09:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i would assume the 1.8 20v probably has an issue if it cant climb hills lol

i have 1.9 TDI and love it. great cars
richc

30th Nov 11 at 11:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know but sometimes having small engines in cars makes them hard work to keep up with flow of traffic, keeping constant speed up hills and stuff.
Graeme
Premium Member

30th Nov 11 at 22:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not really unless it a bloody steep hill.
AshWatson

30th Nov 11 at 23:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks a good buy graeme
and the 1.8 20v your talking about rich is it turbo ? as they did a 1.8 20v non turbo in the golfs dont know about passat ?
Mike GSi

1st Dec 11 at 09:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm after something similar to tow my bike around. Been offered a Golf GT TDi for a good price with tow bar already fitted. But dont know if i want to potentially bugger it up by chucking my Motocross gear in and out of it.
richc

1st Dec 11 at 11:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AshWatson
looks a good buy graeme
and the 1.8 20v your talking about rich is it turbo ? as they did a 1.8 20v non turbo in the golfs dont know about passat ?

non turbo. Doesnt move in a passat estate and its wank of fuel. It drives my mate mad, hence why he has gone ''dubz" and drives around on 20 inch rims, - 764mm on the coilovers doing 14 miles an hour everywhere
AshWatson

1st Dec 11 at 18:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by richc
quote:
Originally posted by AshWatson
looks a good buy graeme

non turbo. Doesnt move in a passat estate and its wank of fuel. It drives my mate mad, hence why he has gone ''dubz" and drives around on 20 inch rims, - 764mm on the coilovers doing 14 miles an hour everywhere

sounds about right if u aint got power try n look cool lol

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » New work horse bought! :D 22 database queries in 0.4182141 seconds