corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Anyone got experience of Lexus IS220D?

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Anyone got experience of Lexus IS220D?
Tom

User status: Offline
1st Dec 11 at 13:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm on the look out for a new car, my current car is on it's last legs so I may have to get something in the next few weeks/month rather than as planned in Feb/March. Seen these are pretty cheap considering the age, and Lexus has a decent reputation? Anything worth looking out for?

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201137415025569/sort/priceasc/usedcars/price-from/5000/price-to/7000/make/lexus/page/1/radius/10/postcode/ch459lb?logcode=p#dealerProfileSection

MatthewR

1st Dec 11 at 13:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had the old version for a while Tom, couldnt fault it!! Thats a whole lot of car for £6.5k!!!!!!!
Ben J

1st Dec 11 at 14:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My Dads mate had one as a company car and thought it was the dogs bollocks.

Personally I think they are a poor mans Merc. But then i'm a badge whore.

[Edited on 01-12-2011 by Ben J]
CORSA NUT

1st Dec 11 at 15:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

WELL

having worked for Lexus i can honestly say they are one of the poorest cars EVER made well known in the industry. Shit MPG..no power and more faults that you would ever believe! Not to mention the engine failures due to carbon build up. Sure if it's under warrently fine but even if it has been done they replace the parts with the SAME ones instead of rectifying the problem so it will only happen again.

The IS diesel is the thorn in Lexus's side. Otherwise they are probably the best car maker (reliable/quility) in the world.
CORSA NUT

1st Dec 11 at 15:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh and if you even consider buying a car from the Prenton Motor Company i will personally find you and slap you silly kid
BYRON

1st Dec 11 at 15:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As above. Well received at launch back in 2006 with solid values but corsa nut summed it up well as above
CORSA NUT

1st Dec 11 at 15:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah don't get me wrong...i've driven every type of IS and obviously the ISF is amaizing..the 250 is okay in F sport form but the diesel was a fuck up from day one and rushed. Hence why Lexus will never make a diesel again.
CORSA NUT

1st Dec 11 at 15:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you can stretch to it get an older GS 450h hybrid. They are brilliant cars and i was minutes away from buying a great example. They are seriously quick and give good ish MPG and feel like a 50K car even with 70K miles under there belts.

Right colour combo is a must though.

[Edited on 01-12-2011 by CORSA NUT]
Tom

1st Dec 11 at 15:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers Mr. Nut and the others who offered a response. Back to the drawing board, I want something grown up and newish. I've noticed the E90 saloons are getting quite cheap now, but they are a bit dull, S40's are pretty cheap too.

BTW what's up with them lot in prenton? Never even heard of them before.

[Edited on 01-12-2011 by Tom]
Tom

1st Dec 11 at 15:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone from up here got any views on Wavertree car company too? They seem to have some decent cars in. I may just go to fords of winsford or somewhere though and get one on HP.
CORSA NUT

1st Dec 11 at 15:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All i can say is try the Mitchel Group in Ellesmere Port mate. If you see a car you like there let me know and i'll put you in touch with one of the (good) salesman.

Prenton Motor Company are mate
Tom

1st Dec 11 at 15:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fair enough.

Just looking at the website now, do they do decent HP deals at your place?
Tom

1st Dec 11 at 16:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hmmmm:: http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201142422180439/sort/priceasc/usedcars/price-to/8000/model/159/make/alfa_romeo/radius/100/postcode/ch459lb/page/2?logcode=p
CORSA NUT

1st Dec 11 at 16:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm not there anymore fella but they bend over backwards to sort finance etc
Ben J

1st Dec 11 at 16:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I looked at 159's. At that age and price they've lost all their money so you are safe but I backed out because I was looking at nearly new and depreciationwas ridiculous!

Go for a Ti not a Lusso tho.

Ian W

1st Dec 11 at 17:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom
Anyone from up here got any views on Wavertree car company too? They seem to have some decent cars in. I may just go to fords of winsford or somewhere though and get one on HP.

I remember my dad buying a few cars over the years from Wavertree car company if that's same place i'm thinking of they have been going years.
Matt L

1st Dec 11 at 19:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

test drove one so cant really give a fair comment but i didnt like it gearbox was very soft and felt like it took ages to go between gears, wasnt quick at all felt very very lifeless.

i did have the petrol one for half a day though and that wanst too bad again felt very under powered but was alot better than the derv.
richc

2nd Dec 11 at 08:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

*I have never driven one*

But the early ones are suppose to have a stupidly long gear ratios which makes them flat as fook.
Tom

2nd Dec 11 at 08:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben J
I looked at 159's. At that age and price they've lost all their money so you are safe but I backed out because I was looking at nearly new and depreciationwas ridiculous!

Go for a Ti not a Lusso tho.

I'm not sure if I can stretch to a TI, they are lovely looking things but even though it's lost most of it's money I'd still be wary of it breaking and losing money hand over fist with every year.

I really don't want to spend a penny on my current hack but unless I save a bit more I won't be able to afford something I really want. If I had the money I'd probably try and get something like this:

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/3463853.htm

Or this:

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/3149193.htm

I don't think either of those would lose as much money as the Alfa in the next 3 years, back to the drawing board
Tom

2nd Dec 11 at 08:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CORSA NUT
I'm not there anymore fella but they bend over backwards to sort finance etc

Shame they've not got anything I fancy!!

quote:
Originally posted by Ian W
quote:
Originally posted by Tom

I remember my dad buying a few cars over the years from Wavertree car company if that's same place i'm thinking of they have been going years.

This place: http://www.wavertreecarcentre.co.uk/

They always seem to have decent cars in, did he find them ok to deal with/have any issues with said cars?!
Tom

2nd Dec 11 at 08:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Matt L
test drove one so cant really give a fair comment but i didnt like it gearbox was very soft and felt like it took ages to go between gears, wasnt quick at all felt very very lifeless.

i did have the petrol one for half a day though and that wanst too bad again felt very under powered but was alot better than the derv.

quote:
Originally posted by richc
*I have never driven one*

But the early ones are suppose to have a stupidly long gear ratios which makes them flat as fook.

I think I'm sold on not buying one, thanks for the input
Nath

2nd Dec 11 at 13:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Some nice choices. My next car will be along the same lines, need a 'grown up' car. I was shocked to see how cheap 53/54 plate A4 convertibles were these days!
Munchie

2nd Dec 11 at 13:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they are not very good on juice at all. engines are poo
Tom

2nd Dec 11 at 14:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
Some nice choices. My next car will be along the same lines, need a 'grown up' car. I was shocked to see how cheap 53/54 plate A4 convertibles were these days!

I couldn't bring myself to buy the older shape A4 convertible, but I'd love a newer one, can be had from £11kish (£10k at a push for a bit of a dog). All about the money

Have you still got the astra?
corsa_paz

2nd Dec 11 at 14:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

*I have drove one*

Always changing gear, no top end power from 5th-6th..gutless engine and gearbox..not a real 'quite' diesel either..power consumption..

Endless other problems too, i.e recalls -: such as sticky caliper, dashboard creeks, fuel line, steering rack etc..

BUT...plenty of car and toys esp SE-L MM spec model.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Anyone got experience of Lexus IS220D? 22 database queries in 0.0436981 seconds