corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Any of you have anything to do with youth teams?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Any of you have anything to do with youth teams?
Ojc

User status: Offline
7th Dec 11 at 20:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jesus wept its changed a lot since I was playing under/9/10

Basically my dads taken over my nephews team Burghfield reds, now they play in the FA Youth Development League, there are 4 leagues and within those 4 leagues contain 3 Burghfield teams the blues in division 1, the whites in division 2 and my dads team the reds in division 4:

Anyway, last season the reds were awful and run basically by an administrator who hadn't a clue. My dads organised them and installed some confidence and they are now 3rd in the league with a real chance of getting promoted.

My stepson plays for Caversham AFC who are second in division 1 and he is fantastic left back and he's started to train with my dads team and Brads ability is rubbing off on the others, Brads interested in signing for the reds and this is where the bollocks starts

The managers of the other two Burghfield teams have got wind of Brad and have told my dad tonight that if Bradley wants to sign he will have to under go an assessment and it will be decided where he plays I.e blues/whites and that my dads team is basically seen as no hopers and that he cannot improve his team, my dads the most competitive person in the world.

They have used the excuse that if Brad goes from div1 to div4 the league won't sanction the transfer

So what I'm asking is, is this bollocks. Also what the fuck has happened to football in this country you aren't allowed to be competitive but more about the kids enjoying themselves. No wonder we won't ever win anything again with that attitude
Ojc

7th Dec 11 at 20:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

To add, the whites in division 2 look like they could be relegated and my dads team promoted so they could be playing in the same league
Ben J

7th Dec 11 at 20:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get him to pretend he's shit during the assessment??

[Edited on 07-12-2011 by Ben J]
Ojc

7th Dec 11 at 20:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

But he plays for a division 1 team so he's not
Russ

7th Dec 11 at 21:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

step...son
jibjob

9th Dec 11 at 14:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The leagues can't do anything about who signs for who.

We used to have 3 or 4 teams within a couple of miles of each other and we were always changing players until 2 of the teams folded and we became one club.

There's an administration fee of around £25 that has to be paid i think but there is no restrictions on where he can play and if the club stops him moving i'd think of moving him to a different team altogether. By the sounds of it they see him as a good player but don't want to let him go for their reasons which ultimately will hold him back in the future. What happens if he's approached by a professional youth set-up? Will they let him go then or hold him back?

I'd just tell them he's young and wants to enjoy his football and it's not to be taken seriously so let him do what he wants. They can't stop him.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Any of you have anything to do with youth teams? 23 database queries in 0.0089340 seconds