corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Sisters just had an accident in my car.. help?! (now pic of the clio)

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Sisters just had an accident in my car.. help?! (now pic of the clio)
Jay

User status: Offline
8th Dec 11 at 18:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My Sister was out in my car and a car slammed on resulting in her going into a car and it rolling forward into the one who slammed on, girl at the front is denying fault and got the police involved, they tried to make my sister sign a statement and she wouldnt sign it cause it put her at fault so they reworded it to say "they stopped at the same time" or something similair, does this basically mean everyones gonna claim off my insurance and it be my sisters fault? Ive never had an accident in 8 years driving so havent got a clue on the process!

Needs a light, bonnet, crash bar and a bumper, car infront wants to stay outside of insurance car at the very front (with no damage at all) wants to claim on insurance.

[Edited on 08-12-2011 by Jay]
Ste
Premium Member

8th Dec 11 at 18:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's your sisters fault end of. That's how it works. She wasn't keeping a safe distance and crashed into the car in front. Unlucky, but that's the way it is matey.

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
Tomnova16
Premium Member

8th Dec 11 at 18:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The person your sister hit will claim off your sister and the car infront of the one infront will claim off the car your sister hit

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
8th Dec 11 at 18:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did she end up signing anything at the roadside?

Sounds like a world of pain and you're better off just giving it to the insurer and having them sort it out.

Get a pic up of what happened and I'll see if there's any defence she can bring, problem is that being at the back usually puts you at fault in most cases.
John

8th Dec 11 at 18:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Your sister is at fault for the first one and the car in front for hitting the one in front, they'll claim off your insurance for that though.

Too slow.

[Edited on 08-12-2011 by John]
Jay

8th Dec 11 at 18:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dont need a lecture in safe distances etc shes only been driving 2 months, shes just learnt the hardway (well I have seems its my insurance and car) was just after advice on what the script will be cause I havent got a clue! You've confirmed what I first thought though, what type of pic Ian?
Jay

8th Dec 11 at 18:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also when I take out insurance in the future and it says "any accidents?" do I have to declare seems it wasnt me who crashed but its my insurance?

mattk

8th Dec 11 at 18:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yep, it was on your policy Im afraid
AlunJ

8th Dec 11 at 18:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why is it your insurance? Is she on your policy?
MatthewR

8th Dec 11 at 18:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how is she covered on your car???
Jay

8th Dec 11 at 18:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Shes a named driver on my policy, she couldnt afford her own car, and I know what its like to pass your test and not be able to drive so I put her on my insurance.
Ian
Site Administrator

8th Dec 11 at 18:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It'll load your insurance if you declare when you're asked whether you've had claims.

Depending on the wording of the question you could probably get away with it but it's claim on your policy.

Just a pic because I wasn't clear on the circumstances but I've read it again -

She was at the back and hit the car in front of her

That car then hit another car in front.

Unfortunately despite the one at the front probably being the cause, the ones behind are the ones who take the blame for being too close.

Probably not a lot you can do apart from sit back and wait to be bummed. First thing is just call them and tell them and they'll arrange everything.
DERV-POWER

8th Dec 11 at 18:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had some one crash into me I wasn't in my own car, (named driver on policy)
and when it came to renew my insurance on my own car they put quote up by £20 for that accident
MatthewR

8th Dec 11 at 18:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jay
Shes a named driver on my policy, she couldnt afford her own car, and I know what its like to pass your test and not be able to drive so I put her on my insurance.

MarkSport

8th Dec 11 at 18:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Women Drivers

Gareth F

8th Dec 11 at 19:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This happened to me years ago but i was the middle person and i refused the front person to claim off me when i was pushed into them by the person behind. Basically yes your sister is at fault.

It also happened to me few months back in the golf, foreigner slammed breaks on and i hit the middle person. Not a big crash just a scratch on their bumper. Family got out and said dont worry about the damage then layed into the foreigner about not indicating and driving like a tard. Lucky escape for me, three hours managed to fix my car back to near perfect condition.
Jay

8th Dec 11 at 19:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah that's what I was thinking Ian, gutted lost me ncb too, there goes my plan of gettin a clio sport again next year, more like keeping the 1.2 now ha

Jay

8th Dec 11 at 23:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Spoke to both parties and the lad in the car infront, a Fiesta ST, wants to stay outside of insurance, girl in the car at the very front N Reg 106 with no damage at all wants to claim on insurance
Ian
Site Administrator

8th Dec 11 at 23:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jesus Christ, she knows she's on for a great payout while costing everyone else loads of money for nothing.

What a complete wanker.

Only saving grace you have there is that if he hit her first then you are largely absolved, although he'll probably argue that your sis pushed him if it comes to fighting it properly.

If front car goes through insurance the Fiesta guy will be left with that and it'll be up to him to either take it on the chin or pursue it from you.

You could technically go halves with him on his expenses if he doesn't claim off you or something....

[Edited on 08-12-2011 by Ian]
Haimsey
Premium Member

8th Dec 11 at 23:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Unlucky

I bet the ST realises impact on his insurance, the 106 has seen whiplash/new car pound signs.

Marcy Marc

White Sport Progress Thread
Ian
Site Administrator

8th Dec 11 at 23:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This thread is making me mad.

Feel sorry for you being in the middle of that.

N reg 106 indeed, would you even bother getting out in this weather.
Jay

9th Dec 11 at 00:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah weve left it with her shes going to ring back tomorrow with her decision, I totally understand people going through insurance if the damage is bad/worthy, thats what its there for and why have a half arsed job when it can be done properly but to go through insurance when theres no damage, purely for a whiplash claim is properly pissin me off, the lad has said with her only being 18 and having a new licence etc etc that hes happy to let us pay for the repairs on his car (Which will save me a fortune in the near future on the insurance hike plus still got to pay for the Clio to be fixed anyway)

Can of worms... stress... when did cars stop being fun
Jay

9th Dec 11 at 00:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Haimsey
Unlucky

I bet the ST realises impact on his insurance, the 106 has seen whiplash/new car pound signs.

quote:
Originally posted by Ian

N reg 106 indeed, would you even bother getting out in this weather.

I could give her £500 to go and get another bastard 106 yeah, all shes seeing is ££££

[Edited on 09-12-2011 by Jay]
Ian
Site Administrator

9th Dec 11 at 00:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How bad is the back of the Fiesta?

Depending on the 106 you might be as well to just have them sort it all.

If it goes to that then at least you won't need to start finding parts and someone to do it and dealing with problems if he's not happy later.

Also what year is his car? They could write it off its had front and back, I know they don't take much when the boot floors go. If he's lost PAS/aircon hoses or lower slam that might push it over.

[Edited on 09-12-2011 by Ian]
Jay

9th Dec 11 at 00:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Another bummer ontop of the already shitty situation is, just paid £1400 in a lump sum for a years insurance 2 months ago which will now be void and lost

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Sisters just had an accident in my car.. help?! (now pic of the clio) 23 database queries in 0.2352021 seconds