corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » netgear router keeps 'falling over'

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author netgear router keeps 'falling over'
Wrighty

User status: Offline
10th Dec 11 at 17:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not literally but keeps refusing wifi connections saying you cant connect. had the dgn2000 for an age now its been fine for like 2 years. past few days its been refusing connections on wireless on random occasions.

nothing in its logs
nothing in diags
no settings have changed
wired networks fine

problems across a multitude of devices, windows laptop, macbook, iphone, etc.

Have set up another wifi network on it, as currently only use 1 and same problem again just cant/wont connect

power cycle seems to do the trick but then it will just do it again tomorrow...is if fooked or does it wana firmware update or something?
_Allan_

10th Dec 11 at 18:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have you tried changing the channel number in the router settings? I doubt a firmware update will resolve it as it's been working in the past. Can't do no harm to try as long as you follow the instructions carefully. Could also a full factory restore and set it up again and see how it goes. Chances are it could be knackered. They do have some strange faults when on their way out. My old Belkin router also went like this. Would drop out at random times. Tried all of the above and eventually replaced it.
Mattb

10th Dec 11 at 19:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

maybe too many devices connecting to the router? i seem to get similar problems with my linksys when loads of stuff is connected
Sam
Premium Member

10th Dec 11 at 19:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There's no harm in doing a firmware update check just in case.

Download (on your Windows laptop) a program called inSSIDer and install it, this program gives you a visual representation of the WiFi networks around you and can confirm if anything nearby is conflicting (i.e. other people's routers).
Wrighty

11th Dec 11 at 12:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fook knows, theres only 3/4 wireless things in the house so doubt its too many surly?

have tried changing the channel number yes when i setup the new network i did it on another channel

really cba with this shiz

New Poll