corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » honda civic vti ek4

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author honda civic vti ek4
nathan6490

User status: Offline
21st Dec 11 at 23:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi everyone well im thinking of getting rid of my corsa after christmas and really considering gettin a ek4, i was just wondering what info people could give me on them as i dont really no much about them, i no there ment to be bullet proof reliable and pretty quick but apart from that im pretty clueless, wats the pros cons with them, already checked insurance and thats not a problem so any info would be great thanks
Eck
Premium Member

22nd Dec 11 at 02:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What are you wanting to know? The EK4 is a bit heavier than earlier Civic's, like the EG6 VTi.

But as you said, they are a very reliable car. Just make sure you keep checking the oil as they can drink the stuff, although some use more than others from the factory But other than that, the B16a2 is known to be very reliable, and can take good power as standard. My one for example has over 270bhp and the engine is completely standard internally. Vtec should engage at 5,500rpm and pull smoothly all the way to the limiter at 8,400rpm. If it's a bit hit and miss, and doesn't engage when it should, then it could be running low on oil. They ALWAYS need warmed up before giving it some death, or it'll basically spack out when trying to engage vtec. Gearboxes are good too. If it struggles to get into some gears though, then the synchros are on the way out.

Handling is pretty damn good as standard, and the brakes are quite decent. But a 282mm upgrade is common. As is the rear calipers seizing. Apart from that, no real issues there!

Bodywork wise, have a good rake under the rear arches, as that's the worst place. Like any car it depends how well it's been looked after, but you'll know if they are rotten.

It'll be quite rare to actually find a standard one these days. Oh, and if you're wanting to tune one, be prepared to spend a bomb compared to on a Corsa Take things like "B18 cams" with a pinch of salt. Because it could technically be true, but B18c4 cams have lower lift and duration than the B16 ones! Lastly, don't be put off with high mileage if it seems looked after. My old EE9 was on 160,000 and was driven HARD, but just kept on taking the punishment.

If there's anything else you need to know then drop me a u2u and I'll try to help
Liam-Wilko

22nd Dec 11 at 10:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this all dose depend i had a EG6 VTI and it was amazing running 250 bhp i sold it and a lad rebuilt the engine and sold it back to me didnt know he put wrong shells in the bottom end and it went bang.

my mate has an EK4 vti with a B18 bottom end simmiler set out to mine and it has taken some punishment but sounds like the engine hasnt got much life left in it they are good cars look smart and good for tuning but take care of a vti or it will take ya hands off with expense
Eck
Premium Member

22nd Dec 11 at 10:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm sure I've asked this before, but what engine was it and what was done to get to 250bhp?

It's when they are modified that things can go wrong tbh! But only if corners are cut, or if it isn't looked after.
Liam-Wilko

22nd Dec 11 at 10:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

all sorts mate cant remmebr exactly what i done as it was about 2 year a go im sure the lad was trying to get more bhp from it and thats why iot went bang cos of what he done with the bottom end the fool i would have another EG6 VTI but im lookign at lupo GTI's at the min can get loads of power out of them apparently with the right mods ya and money spent ya can get 300bhp but cost a fortune
Eck
Premium Member

22nd Dec 11 at 10:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Was it a B16? As I don't remember ever seeing one with 250bhp without forced induction. Even fully built ones!
P1CK4D

22nd Dec 11 at 11:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by liam-corsa-1400
i had a EG6 VTI and it was amazing running 250 bhp

N/A? Ok mate!
jr

22nd Dec 11 at 11:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
lupo GTI's at the min can get loads of power out of them apparently with the right mods ya and money spent ya can get 300bhp but cost a fortune

a 300bhp AVY ?

ROFL if so
Eck
Premium Member

22nd Dec 11 at 11:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by P1CK4D
quote:
i had a EG6 VTI and it was amazing running 250 bhp

N/A? Ok mate!

I was trying to put it in a more diplomatic way Even fully built B18c's cost a fortune to get near that figure.

[Edited on 22-12-2011 by Eck]
Corsa_Sport21

22nd Dec 11 at 12:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tbf, if you had an N/A B16 or even B18, running a genuine 250bhp, you wouldn't forget what was done to it, ever.

So i smell bullshit.
Liam-Wilko

22nd Dec 11 at 13:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no when it was running 13.6 1/4 and iv got a vidio on my phone to prove it mate lmao but all good not botherd if ya think its bull shit mate if im not mistaken the vidios of it runing the 1/4 are on you tube
Eck
Premium Member

22nd Dec 11 at 15:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My mates standard B18 CRX ran a 14 dead, and a 180bhp broken B18 EG that another mate has, ran a 13.6 so that doesn't verify anything mate! Dyno?
jamjar15

22nd Dec 11 at 18:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

a bit off topic but is that a jordan eck, have an eg shall in my drive i've been meaning to boost but havn't got round to it yet, have a couple of d15's and been told they can run 11psi on std internls but my ex housemate nicked my turbo n another 'borrowed' my intercooler forever, u got a build thread on here or civiclife?
nathan6490

23rd Dec 11 at 00:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers guys thats all great info which i wanted to no, im not looking to mod it massivelly would be happy with around 190 200 bhp, two of my mates have got toyota corrolla t-sport compressors so just looking to be around the same pace really
donkeykong

23rd Dec 11 at 02:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

b20 engines are good for 200bhp, or b18c engined civic would have around 200bhp. takes alot for a honda to make power's without forced induction! my old esi d16 drunk oil like it was water!! i filled that up more with oil than petrol and i didnt have leak!

[Edited on 23-12-2011 by donkeykong]
jamjar15

23rd Dec 11 at 11:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by donkeykong
b20 engines are good for 200bhp, or b18c engined civic would have around 200bhp. takes alot for a honda to make power's without forced induction! my old esi d16 drunk oil like it was water!! i filled that up more with oil than petrol and i didnt have leak!

[Edited on 23-12-2011 by donkeykong]

haha my mates was like that going to japfest, stopped 1 for fuel 3 times for oil
Eck
Premium Member

23rd Dec 11 at 11:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jamjar15
a bit off topic but is that a jordan eck, have an eg shall in my drive i've been meaning to boost but havn't got round to it yet, have a couple of d15's and been told they can run 11psi on std internls but my ex housemate nicked my turbo n another 'borrowed' my intercooler forever, u got a build thread on here or civiclife?

It is indeed mate. D15's can take a good amount of punishme, but you're far better off with a D16 for boosting I don't have a build thread anywhere though Bought from my brother. BOUGHT NOT BUILT.
Eck
Premium Member

23rd Dec 11 at 11:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Getting 200bhp from a B16a2 won't be easy. Getting it from a 185bhp B16B still takes a fair bit of cash As Donkeykong said, the B18c is a good shout. Quite a straightforward conversion, and 197bhp straight away. Fucking quick things.
jamjar15

23rd Dec 11 at 11:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont have any d16 laying about its only gonna detonate anyway lol cos have a spare, do you know what he changed, or was it a proper job n changed pretty much everything.

back to the thread

yeah civic's are reliable and can do around 300k miles if serviced regularly and looked after, n/a tuning is very expensive for not alot of gains, most pre 2000 hondas have interchangable parts like suspension, exhausts, interior, engines, eg civics are more practical if planning on tuning, as itr parts fit on with no problems or cutting welding with only the bulk head mount needing to be ek or dc2 for b18c 200bhp transplant, rust on rear arches is common, electrics are usually reliable, panels are cheap and easy to find, oh and std aeriels are crap

thats about it
Eck
Premium Member

23rd Dec 11 at 11:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not a damn thing was changed internally 300+ on standard B16's is not uncommon. Neither is 350+ on standard D16's! Fuck knows about the D15's Just slap on a turbocharger, wind up the boost and find out
jamjar15

23rd Dec 11 at 12:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that was the plan lol, just gonna go nuts with the welder and see what happens probably not alot cos the lil bitch doesnt desrve an intercooler, so just gonna try whap a turbo on plumb it to the inlet get a feed from the sump and let the good times roll.. for 10-15 mins

on another note fancy swapping for a levin.. they're rare miss the old civics
donkeykong

23rd Dec 11 at 12:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

jamjar, maybe do this?

http://www.civiclife.net/board/topic/22775-my-trueno-ae111-k20-content-inside/
jamjar15

23rd Dec 11 at 12:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

broken link
Aleex

23rd Dec 11 at 17:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my friend vince has a civic ek with a k20. 250bhp N/a. tis awesomez
jamjar15

23rd Dec 11 at 21:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by donkeykong
jamjar, maybe do this?

http://www.civiclife.net/board/topic/22775-my-trueno-ae111-k20-content-inside/

didnt log in

thats f'ing amazing, asked him to do mine lol will be awesome if he will

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » honda civic vti ek4 22 database queries in 0.0156779 seconds