corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » my corsa falling apart more problems help please

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author my corsa falling apart more problems help please
corsajay88

User status: Offline
23rd Dec 11 at 22:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Today car was fine then was going back out and the battery light stayed on when i started it. It starts and runs fine but if i have the interior light on it goes brighter when i rev it.
The alternator was replaced with the belt two months ago and the battery is about six months old.
Any help would be greatly appreciated as ive got to drive back to chester in the morning for work.
I think it is the alternator or a bad connection.
Bobber123

24th Dec 11 at 02:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

have you checked how much voltage your altenator is producing?
corsajay88

24th Dec 11 at 07:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No multimeter, im 50miles from home. It would seem that the voltage is fluctuating from the lights going brighter. They dont dim just go brighter then back to normal
corsajay88

24th Dec 11 at 09:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It started fine this morning and made the journey home. When i dont have my lights on the battery light flashes, with lights on it stays on
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
24th Dec 11 at 09:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That is something to do with the voltage regulation on the alternator, was it new or recon?
corsajay88

24th Dec 11 at 09:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Recon, had a couple of warning signs. The temperature gauge has been dropping to 0 only when i come off the motor way.
So does this mean a new alternator or is it cheaply repairable
corsajay88

28th Dec 11 at 20:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So maybe a related problem but got on the motorway tonight an the eml came on. It lasted the 50 miles with no issues and wasnt running any differently and went off when i got off the motorway.
So could anyone tell me whether the problems above cause an eml to come on. Thanks in advance.
corsajay88

29th Dec 11 at 09:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Update on the journey this morning battery light was on, eml followed. After a while battery light went out which hasnt happened before it normaly flickers. The eml went out shortly after. They came on and went off a few times until went off and have stayed off since.
The headlights dont flicker as well.
Anyway im know thinking it could be a loose earth. Anyone care to give some opinions on this.
corsajay88

3rd Jan 12 at 13:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok to anyone thats interested finally got round to checking battery and alternator ouputs and alternator is fine good turns out the battery is on its way out. Only 5 months old as well. Dug the receipt out, got it swapped, job done.
Thanks for your help everyone

New Poll