corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 2k for a project

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 2k for a project
StuartVRS

User status: Offline
27th Dec 11 at 21:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So basically i have a nice big empty driveway and want something to play about with at the weekends and develop myself. Got 2k to spend and will buy bits each month. Main aim is power and as such been looking for a nice Uno turbo or cheap ish Pulsar but with no joy. Is it possible to do a C20let conversion inc buying car within that or am i dreaming lol. Any other decent ideas?
jr

27th Dec 11 at 21:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by StuartVRS
So basically i have a nice big empty driveway and want something to play about with at the weekends and develop myself. Got 2k to spend and will buy bits each month. Main aim is power and as such been looking for a nice Uno turbo or cheap ish Pulsar but with no joy. Is it possible to do a C20let conversion inc buying car within that or am i dreaming lol. Any other decent ideas?

Get something that can go greenlaning stu, like a v8 landy
Eddx14xe

27th Dec 11 at 21:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You could always get a LET, rebuild it, add mods etc. Then you can save up while your doing that for a shell and any other bits you want like bigger brakes etc.
harrisp

27th Dec 11 at 21:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jr
quote:

Get something that can go greenlaning stu, like a diesel landy

StuartVRS

27th Dec 11 at 21:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

want to build something fun james, sell me J18 and ill finish it
Marc

27th Dec 11 at 21:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pulsar!
StuartVRS

27th Dec 11 at 21:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marc
Pulsar!

Not seen many decent within the budget tho marc
Marc

27th Dec 11 at 21:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Could probably pick up a 200SX too.
Adam-D

27th Dec 11 at 21:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

could have the e30 325 sport i have.
scottyp1989

27th Dec 11 at 21:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Buy my porsche 924 and spend the other £1850 fixin it up an moding it
richc

27th Dec 11 at 23:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know its totally different, but if you about building your skills up - I would suggest an old land rover. They teach you the proper way off how things work (or dont in many cases), then you can understand how they have changed on modern cars.
Graeme
Premium Member

28th Dec 11 at 00:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jr
quote:

Get something that can go greenlaning stu, like a v8 landy

To get a decent one and fully insure, tax, mot, maintain would be hard for less than £2k

But a corsa c20xe on bike carbs would be doable.
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
28th Dec 11 at 00:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by richc
I would suggest an old land rover.
I hate working on them - everything is heavy and big and usually muddy or rusty.
Rob E

28th Dec 11 at 00:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mx5 and turbo/supercharge it. I've supercharged mine for under £1000 and currently running 170ish BHP. 200 BHP is easily doable and very reliable on standard internals (which are good for 250 BHP if you want to spend more) they are brilliant fun to drive too
richc

28th Dec 11 at 00:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
quote:
Originally posted by richc
I would suggest an old land rover.
I hate working on them - everything is heavy and big and usually muddy or rusty.

Deffo. But teaches you the art of warming bolts up, hammering any size socket till it fits, welding
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
28th Dec 11 at 00:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Far prefer Corsas and Pumas.
richc

28th Dec 11 at 02:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian

Far prefer Corsas and Pumas.

Only time I had to lift a spanner to my puma was to do discs and pads so I wouldnt know

Corsa on other hand - Why are there so many torx bits.
belton

28th Dec 11 at 10:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You will not be able to buy & fix a pulsar for 2k! In parts from Nissan alone mine has cost me £400 onwards. They are just shitty old rust buckets.
I was however talking to keiran the other night how much it would cost to realistically cost to do a half decent XE conversion

Corsa -shell? -£150
Engine and g box - £400
Mtech conversion kit- 260
Silicone hoses-160
Cambelts etc, head gaskets, oils filters -grey area but about 350
Gaz conversion coilovers -£500
2l brakes- £80?
Haynes manuals-£30

XE corsa could be cheap and cheerful!
Tomnova16
Premium Member

28th Dec 11 at 10:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have an Astra you can have for £2k

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
Corsa_Sport21

28th Dec 11 at 10:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wouldn't even touch a Pulsar for 2k.

At that price it will more than likely be a money pit with major problems.
Liam-Wilko

28th Dec 11 at 11:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

try a glanza V they seem to be realy well for a prject and good starting point there are loads of cars outt here ya can get for 2k and project them
Corsa_Sport21

28th Dec 11 at 11:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Are Glanza V's that cheap now??
JordyCarter

28th Dec 11 at 11:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

106 gti
belton

28th Dec 11 at 14:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Glanza Vs are not that cheap. For a half decent one. My mates has a mk1 Gt that he got 'cheap' for 2k and the bottom end went about 6 months later. They are unreliable. I have a Gt quadlight as my daily I bought for 2.3k because it came with so much history despite have a fucked turbo and clutch.
I would not reccomend any old Japanese turbo car on that budget believe me. I have good examples of both pulsar & starlet at the moment and they are complete money pits. Despite my starlet actually being very good on fuel.
I would defo get an XE corsa on that budget as you can make it really nice. Not much to go wrong on it, and you will be able to make a nice one for 2k rather than buying some bag of crap using all your budget any way. Nothing worse than having a car you can't really afford to play with when you have only that intention. Why I hated my astra vxr
AndyCorsaSport

28th Dec 11 at 15:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by belton
Glanza Vs are not that cheap. For a half decent one. My mates has a mk1 Gt that he got 'cheap' for 2k and the bottom end went about 6 months later. They are unreliable. I have a Gt quadlight as my daily I bought for 2.3k because it came with so much history despite have a fucked turbo and clutch.
I would not reccomend any old Japanese turbo car on that budget believe me. I have good examples of both pulsar & starlet at the moment and they are complete money pits. Despite my starlet actually being very good on fuel.
I would defo get an XE corsa on that budget as you can make it really nice. Not much to go wrong on it, and you will be able to make a nice one for 2k rather than buying some bag of crap using all your budget any way. Nothing worse than having a car you can't really afford to play with when you have only that intention. Why I hated my astra vxr

This guy talks sence tbh, XE corsa would make a great project for £2k, wouldnt fancy trying to source parts for an old jap import, corsa parts are simple to find.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 2k for a project 23 database queries in 0.0088010 seconds