corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » land rover discovery

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author land rover discovery
possy

User status: Offline
29th Dec 11 at 02:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i know its a bit randon but awell i bought this last feb and hear is the build

this was the day i got it

a days went by and i had bought a 2 inch lift and a set of 33" kumo kl71 tyres the worst you can buy lol as i found out this is a pic of the car with the tyres and lift on with a mate in the pic to haha

hear is me broke down on the m6 after a pay and play day the alarm kicked in and didnt know how to fix it but i do now

just got some 3" wide arches and some 35" tyres for a good price and out came the grinder lol to make room for the tyres and this was after i fitted my tank gaurd and removed my tow bar

[Edited on 29-12-2011 by possy]
possy

29th Dec 11 at 02:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

a few more week went by and i had got a few more bits like a winch and winch bumper and fitted a welded diff in the rear as i kept blowing um up and i then decided to trayback it as the backend was always in the way and bobtails are just to coman in wigan

this was building the cage after cutting the back off pics are to big to up load

a bit of coach paint to protect from rust

now all the main roll over hope and rear tray is on and fully welded we could start buildin the back end up usin most of the original body work and bits of galv sheet to make it water proof lol

possy

29th Dec 11 at 02:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i also bought a rear winch tray to save time making my own and capped the chassis off and put a plate on top to add some strengh for when the winch tray sits on top and i also put on some large recovery rings on the back to for pullin over people out too hahaha

possy

29th Dec 11 at 03:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

and here it is testing what it drove like with the standered tank on untill my alloy one were made and i also fitted my rear nas lights and a rear window

after that i did a few outings and decided i wanted a external cage to so back to the shop to make one with rock sliders too i dnt have any pic off doing the cage apart from this with my new tank on and my brand new tyres on ten inch wide modulars i also fitted a lsd in the front to as i kept destroying standered diffs i have done 12 over all lol

possy

29th Dec 11 at 03:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hope you all enjoy this as much as i do
Alex_Rally

29th Dec 11 at 06:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

a few of my mates do this, ive never been with them to watch like but i think its something i would love to have ago of.
do u still drive it to the play days with the back cut off ???
i bet u lost soooo much weight with the back off lol
Jed D

29th Dec 11 at 08:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

full of win and want
Tomnova16
Premium Member

29th Dec 11 at 09:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This looks like fun
Did a bit in an old Landy on my mates farm but nothing major. Prefer the off road buggies he has more lol.

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
Gary
Premium Member

29th Dec 11 at 10:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Awesome
Adster

29th Dec 11 at 10:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats ace.
Did you take it trax this year? Sure i saw this!
AlunJ

29th Dec 11 at 11:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've had a ride off road before now and I still can't believe how capable these cars are. Looks pretty special that.
Butler

29th Dec 11 at 12:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

For a minute I thought your windscreen read 'Official Discovery Vehicle'
harvey_1066

29th Dec 11 at 19:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks a nice project that does mate, this is my land rover, series 3 body re-build chassis by me, parabolic springs, new brake pipes with stainless hoses, modular wheels with insa turbo sahara tyres, bucket seats, 12inch steering wheel and a 200TDI series 1 discovery engine bolted to standard series gearbox with overdrive unit, thats about it for now, i want to get a winch for the front to go in-between the wings, and a twin battery setup with T-max dual charge system and i might make an exterior cage. what pipe did you use?

[Edited on 29-12-2011 by harvey_1066]
Bonney

29th Dec 11 at 19:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have a real soft spot for old landy's, Like what you have done with yours harvey_1066, adding the modern touches but keeping it looking original bodywork wise.

A mate used to have a discovery and sold it to a lad in wigan, Was a green one with the mud tyres and a small lift, Bodywork was knackered and the interior destroyed, Think the numberplate ended in "ABV", Don't know if you have seen it around?!
Ian
Site Administrator

29th Dec 11 at 19:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fair play that Disco looks a proper machine.
Cole

29th Dec 11 at 19:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When is yours getting that treatment then Ian and I would of thought you would of been in this thread earlier tbh nice build I must admit
Chris x

29th Dec 11 at 20:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by harvey_1066
looks a nice project that does mate, this is my land rover, series 3 body re-build chassis by me, parabolic springs, new brake pipes with stainless hoses, modular wheels with insa turbo sahara tyres, bucket seats, 12inch steering wheel and a 200TDI series 1 discovery engine bolted to standard series gearbox with overdrive unit, thats about it for now, i want to get a winch for the front to go in-between the wings, and a twin battery setup with T-max dual charge system and i might make an exterior cage. what pipe did you use?

[Edited on 29-12-2011 by harvey_1066]

Get some extended shackles on that! Get it raised up a bit!

Yours is the same sort of spec as my old one, although mine was also a Defender rep.

Also fitted power steering to mine.

[Edited on 29-12-2011 by Chris x]
possy

29th Dec 11 at 22:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks guys for the good feed back and i couldnt tell you what pipe we used as my mate ian swift owner of swift enginering sorted all the metal out and it was only done in the last 3 months and they do go were they shudnt go and it usally gose on the back off my mates coal wagon with his on the back to i will try to get some more pics up on satday after bryacliff with them on the back of the wagon defo cutting the front down next
Gary
Premium Member

30th Dec 11 at 14:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is the disco road legal still?
Chris x

30th Dec 11 at 17:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gary
Is the disco road legal still?
Should be!
redtom

30th Dec 11 at 17:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice truck that mate

Trayback sides could do with being a bit thinner though if it was mine id catch them on stuff

get some cranked trailing arms and a snorkel on it
possy

30th Dec 11 at 22:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I am not 100% if its road legal but i drive it round town lol and go out every weekend off roading in it and the trailing arms are on the cards am after gigglepin one but there 500 quid and the tray back has never got in the way before and wen its on its side more protection my freind the snorkel will be made wen the front gets choped
possy

6th Jan 12 at 02:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

After the trip to briacliff i endid up with a shatered cv and two broke rear shafts win win if u ask me
Matty W

6th Jan 12 at 02:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

where abouts in wigan are you? never seen it about although theres quite a few landys and toyotas on big tyres and bodylifts round by me.. alot with MUDMUPPETS written on them
harvey_1066

6th Jan 12 at 11:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

we'v just started making a shorty and roof chopped suzuki sj should look awesome when its done.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » land rover discovery 24 database queries in 0.0176198 seconds