corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Another Quick Exhaust Qu - Will This Fit?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Another Quick Exhaust Qu - Will This Fit?
kazazza

User status: Offline
30th Dec 11 at 23:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hey guys, I bought a new middle section and back box.... just got them and the back box doesn't fit the middle section

The back box I got (I think) is made for a 1.0/1.2 and I've got a 1.6. So my qu is, will this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/290629071113?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

(Which I have already bought) Fit this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/300582846195?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

In the listing for the back box it says 1994-1998, but my cars a 1999, but is this still the case since I've bought said middle section?

Thanks for any help
Eddx14xe

30th Dec 11 at 23:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why doesn't the middle section and back box fit together? What's stopping them from going together?
kazazza

30th Dec 11 at 23:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They've both got the exact same diameter of 45mm

Edit: I bought a sleeve for it to try and fix this problem, but that made the back box stick out too far to get the rubber holders on.

[Edited on 30-12-2011 by kazazza]
Eddx14xe

30th Dec 11 at 23:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

An exhaust place should be able to flare one of the pipes out for you.
kazazza

30th Dec 11 at 23:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eddx14xe
An exhaust place should be able to flare one of the pipes out for you.

Really? Didn't know that... Could any place do this? Or would I have to go hunting? I work nights, so I'm asleep between 9am and 5pm most days so would be hassle to have this done I think.
Eddx14xe

31st Dec 11 at 00:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just ring round exhaust places and see if they are able to do it. They might even open at 8am, so you could drop it off and pick it up the next day or wait while they do it. Shouldn't take long at all, obviously it depends what hours you work as i don't know this.
kazazza

31st Dec 11 at 00:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
just ring round exhaust places and see if they are able to do it. They might even open at 8am, so you could drop it off and pick it up the next day or wait while they do it. Shouldn't take long at all, obviously it depends what hours you work as i don't know this.

I work 11pm - 7am, but ok, ill phone around, thanks, I'd never have thought of that must be cheaper than buying a whole new back box anyway
Eddx14xe

31st Dec 11 at 00:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.longlife.co.uk/why-longlife/performance/

Try them.
kazazza

31st Dec 11 at 00:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
http://www.longlife.co.uk/why-longlife/performance/

Try them.

Their nearest branch to me is a bit of a mission away.... Is it not the type of thing any local garage can do?
Eddx14xe

31st Dec 11 at 00:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Depends what equipment they have. Places like longlife should have the machine for it. Other garages may or may not have it.
ShEp

31st Dec 11 at 00:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vauxhall-Corsa-1-2-1-4-1-6-1-5-1-7-1993-2001-Exhaust-Centre-Sleeve-Cat-/110798218943?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item19cc16a6bf#ht_2216wt_996
kazazza

31st Dec 11 at 00:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ShEp
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vauxhall-Corsa-1-2-1-4-1-6-1-5-1-7-1993-2001-Exhaust-Centre-Sleeve-Cat-/110798218943?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item19cc16a6bf#ht_2216wt_996

The problem is the middle section doesn't fit the back box, I'm presuming it will fit without a sleeve to my cat? I've haven't tried fitting the middle section yet...
Daveskater
Premium Member

31st Dec 11 at 10:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The exhaust bores are the same on all models except the 1.0. I'd say they won't go together because they're probably pattern parts. Can you not contact the seller and get a new backbox? That's the part that should have the flared end. Other than that your best bet is probably to try and get somewhere to flare it.

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Another Quick Exhaust Qu - Will This Fit? 23 database queries in 0.0109251 seconds