corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Classifieds » Cars Offered » e30 318/25 drifter

Insufficient Privileges to Post
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author e30 318/25 drifter
xcore

User status: Offline
31st Dec 11 at 18:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it is a g reg 1990 318i lux on the log book but it has had a m20b25 engine conversion turning it into a 325i, 124,000 its condition and they way that it sounds amazing!

There is nothing mechanically wrong with it at all, it drives straight and feels very tight. It doesn’t over heat, it sits just bellow half as these should. Nor does it smoke or make any funny noises.

It just passed a Mot with no advisories, it did need some bulbs, exhaust bracket and brake lines to get it through which were all done.

No service history was supplied but it does seem as if it’s been looked after and does have some old mot’s to substantiate the mileage of 123k

Bad bits are the rear arches have surface rust on them small dent by passengers side door, but can be sort easily along with the arches and the front valance has a dent it in from an argument with a cone and there is a short with the right hand idicator (front works but rear doesnt flash). The driver’s seat has two two inch patches sewed on the bolster to hide ware.

On the plus side and aside from the all ready mentioned the body and interior are very clean and so are the usual rust areas on these (sunroof, scuttle, rear towing eye, fuel filler etc). It also benefits from some choice modifications which include an M tech 2 rear spoiler and steering wheel, nice tight LSD and a nice set of BBS wheels with as new centre caps and two brand new Toyo tires and two very good tyres. M tech badge on the front, m colours detail on the valance and an IS lip. New Stainless rear exhaust section. It also has a front strut brace, cone air filter(sounds great) and a black inlet manifold. It has been lowered around two inch’s but it still rides well and doesn’t rub. All the electrics work, windows, mirrors, roof, obc etc.

When I took it for the MOT I also got them to service it so all the lights have been reset and it won’t require any work for some time, except the arches tidying up.

Finally, the guy I bought this of was an enthusiast too and he made an epic video about the car,

[video=youtube;Efr5fj5FC8o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Efr5fj5FC8o[/video]

Few things that I need to add:
LSD locks well and ratio is 3:91.
Has disc all around, lowered on 40/60mm Pi springs and sachs racing shocks, stiff but not too stiff.
The car runs really sweetly, none of the usual ticking noise from worn cams that you get with m20 engines.
Central locking does not work, it need the black/red wire mod, there is a guide on the e30zone for this. Really simple.
I have 4 14" bottletop alloys which i purchased for drift days, 2 semi worn due to DWYB and 2 nearly new.
I have added the z3 short shifter and a uprated chip from a well respected chap on the e30zone Rev limiter raised to 6800 and MUCH improved throttle response. I have also had the injectors ultrasonically cleaned.

Mechanically it needs 2 things, one stud on the exhaust manifold as it ticks underload, (its at the front of the engine so easy to access) and a new tps, I hopefully will have a new complete throttle body soon. Both really cheap and easy.
MOT until sept 2012 and 6 months tax.

[/QUOTE]

took this car in partex and the misses hates it.

this is no show car, but a proven drifter that is ready to go.

would do a deal on something with a turbo, or something abit more mordern to shut her up.

value it at around 1k which is a bargin for something thats ready to skid. will put cash ontop for the right car

edit will also throw in a alpine sterio with ipod lead, and a suade momo wheel

[Edited on 04-01-2012 by xcore]

Insufficient Privileges to Post

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Classifieds » Cars Offered » e30 318/25 drifter 24 database queries in 0.0129821 seconds