corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Collecting money for Stag do!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Collecting money for Stag do!
A2H GO

User status: Offline
7th Jan 12 at 18:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is a ball ache and wondered if there was a website where you can set up and event ie. 'Ash's Stag Do' and people can click a link to go to your 'event' and make a payment into the 'pot' using a debit card?

Not all my mates have PayPal and you usually end up paying fee's etc. Bank transfer is far too akward and you have to either ring an 0845 number or add them as a Payee through online banking and use that awkward card reader shit.

[Edited on 07-01-2012 by A2H GO]
Matty SRi

7th Jan 12 at 18:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can you not just get cash off them? Tell them to pay a deposit by such a date and if they havent paid, then they're not going?
A2H GO

7th Jan 12 at 18:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Matty SRi
Can you not just get cash off them? Tell them to pay a deposit by such a date and if they havent paid, then they're not going?

I probably can but I don't see most of the people any more but having been good friends in the past they are all coming on the weekend away. Other option is to spend an age driving round all their houses as and when they've got the money.

Plus I'll end up having loads of cash lying around the house, will have to take it to the my bank to pay in and as the prices of flights/accommodation keeps going up and down I'll likely have to get some money back to people. I therefore thought there must be an easier way of doing it on-line.

Apparently not, I might look into setting up a website
Matty SRi

7th Jan 12 at 19:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Could be a business opportunity right there!
How did the thing for Movember work? Where everybody paid money to a website and it all added up? Maybe something along them lines, but you can withdraw the money instead...? Not sure.
Jake

7th Jan 12 at 19:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what about one of them sites people use to collect charity donations. unless its only for charity donations..
Matty SRi

7th Jan 12 at 19:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Or open a new bank account, get everyone to do a bank transfer? Or just pay money into it as and when they can?
A2H GO

7th Jan 12 at 19:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Or open a new bank account, get everyone to do a bank transfer? Or just pay money into it as and when they can?

This is what I was thinking, people can pay a bit in as and when they like and you can set a deadline.

All this would be far too obvious though eh.
Nismo

7th Jan 12 at 19:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Just wont happen! my best man is having a mare of a time collecting it off my mates, keen as a runner bean for it, but when it comes to stumping up, there never about or they will drop the money in and it never happens, its just one of those things where you have to be a debt collector and go knocking for it
A2H GO

7th Jan 12 at 19:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jake
what about one of them sites people use to collect charity donations. unless its only for charity donations..

Yeah just looked at Chipin but not sure its what im after.
Matty SRi

7th Jan 12 at 19:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Always the case when something is arranged and people have to pay up. They dont have it when you need it. Paying in drips and drabs would be alot easier, so bank account would probably the best way. If they havent paid by the deadline, then tough!
How long untill the event?
Tomnova16
Premium Member

7th Jan 12 at 19:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Either get them to go into a bank and deposit into your account (sort code,acc no) or just do a transfer with their full name as a reference.
And just check it daily and dont spend it lol
It's quite easy

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
A2H GO

7th Jan 12 at 20:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They're all up for it but now it's like getting blood from a stone let alone getting them to go into a bank with my details to pay it in. Plus people won't end up leaving references and it will get mixed up.

It's in June, 26 people. Need £80-100 for the flights and £50-80 for the room. Prices changing everyday. Tried going into travel agents and doing it but just the flights were more than doing both online.

[Edited on 07-01-2012 by A2H GO]
Matty SRi

7th Jan 12 at 20:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tell them its tough then and you would rather go on your own
ash_corsa

7th Jan 12 at 21:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The one im going on this year is through chillisauce.com
Each member of the stag do gets their own user name and password, you have to pay your £20 deposit straight away and after that you can pay as much as you want to pay off your total.

Ours for example is £175 per person, 20 people, so you pay your deposit and then take as long as you want to pay off the remaining £155.
You can also see what everyone else has paid off so its easy to keep on top of.
mattk

8th Jan 12 at 12:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

when ever we are organising a weekend away, who ever is organising simply sends a text and saying Im comming to your house at 6pm and I want x amount of pounds. if I dont get it, you arnt comming. works all the time
Nismo

8th Jan 12 at 12:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Where are you going on the stag do out of intrest people? Im meant to be going to Barca but dont fancy it anymore need some ideas but want it to be less than £200.
Joe

8th Jan 12 at 13:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, we just booked 10 flights for a stag do. Text with your bank account and sort code, need £150 by Friday or you aren't coming. All paid bar one who said he will sort his own but he prob won't.
Joe

8th Jan 12 at 13:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We are going benidorm

Flights are 140
2 rooms, 6 people in each £60 a person for 3 nights.

Can't wait.

[Edited on 08-01-2012 by Joe]
mattk

8th Jan 12 at 13:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Benidorm is class. been there 5 times over the last 3 years. great place for a weekend.

we are going to munich this year. then on to vienna budapest, slovinia ect
A2H GO

8th Jan 12 at 13:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We're going benalmadena in Spain, 3 nights. £70 for flight, £50 for room.
Carl

8th Jan 12 at 14:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get a rough price then add a bit on so you know it will Defo be enough as you don't want to be out of pocket. Then the extra left over can be start of a kitty for beer etc and just get a few drinks in till coin is spent.

Also get them to bring coin to you if they are pals they will, if they can't be arsed they don't go.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Collecting money for Stag do! 23 database queries in 0.0165238 seconds