corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » BMW halo rings

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author BMW halo rings
alan-g-w

User status: Offline
8th Jan 12 at 17:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hello, I'm looking for a bit of advice. My mum drives a 2007 320i and one side of her halo lights aren't working. I'm wondering what's involved in converting them to the white looking ones I've seen on some later cars I've seen kicking about, and if it's even possible.

I know it's not the most accurate description but the ones I'm on about are like HIDs compared to standard halogen ones
Jambo

8th Jan 12 at 17:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ccfl's not too expensive or difficult. Jump on bimmerforums
AndyCorsaSport

8th Jan 12 at 18:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

H8 bulb I think. I changed my sisters on her 320i M Sport convertible. Could you just get some LED H8's??
alan-g-w

8th Jan 12 at 18:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers for info, unfortunately this isn't stuff that I'm too familiar with. I take it it'll be a fairly easy job for me to do myself and fairly self explanatory if I find out the correct bulb type?

[Edited on 08-01-2012 by alan-g-w]
AndyCorsaSport

8th Jan 12 at 19:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If its just a bulb swap yeah. My sisters had like a cover on the top of the headlamp that pops off and there's the bulb. I did it in the pitch black with my iPhone torch after about 5 pints of cider
alan-g-w

8th Jan 12 at 19:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Quality, I've ordered a pair off ebay there just now. I noticed that there were ones ranging fron £35 up to £75 but I've just ordered the cheapest I could find - the picture for them looks the exact same as the ones at double the price so I'll see how I get on with them. My only concern is that they might not have the 'canbus' inverter I've seen that's needed to stop the obc light coming on
AndyCorsaSport

8th Jan 12 at 19:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I only replaced for a standard bulb so not a clue. What is it you ordered? LED bulb? Or a kit sort of thing?
broster
Premium Member

8th Jan 12 at 19:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheapest led ones army a good idea, they flicker and can bring up errors. I got cheap ones for my e39 and they flicker like a strobe when they are off
daymoon
Premium Member

8th Jan 12 at 20:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by broster
Cheapest led ones army a good idea, they flicker and can bring up errors. I got cheap ones for my e39 and they flicker like a strobe when they are off

Which ones do you recommend? I got a facelift E39 and want angel eyes to be white not yellow!
broster
Premium Member

8th Jan 12 at 20:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not many that work properly, I went back to STD as the flashing was annoying, have to spend £80 upwards for a set which work properly. Ill put a link here tomorrow when I'm on the pc, not cheap.
daymoon
Premium Member

8th Jan 12 at 21:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Not many that work properly, I went back to STD as the flashing was annoying, have to spend £80 upwards for a set which work properly. Ill put a link here tomorrow when I'm on the pc, not cheap.

bit shit then I do like white rings but at £80 may as well leave it. So do they flicker all the time then?
broster
Premium Member

8th Jan 12 at 21:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When they are off they flickers, I'll refit mine and do a video tomorrow.
alan-g-w

8th Jan 12 at 23:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AndyCorsaSport
I only replaced for a standard bulb so not a clue. What is it you ordered? LED bulb? Or a kit sort of thing?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-E80-X5-E87-E92-E93-HALO-RING-LED-Angel-Upgrade-Bulb-/220926299566?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item33703bcdae

Those ones there, ad says that it's just replacement bulbs. I've just gone off the pictures and they look the part, if they fuck up they'll be sent straight back.

That's the sort of thing I was worried about though broster, but I'm as well trying them if there's one side fucked anyway.

Was surprised to see that it's only two bulbs as well
daymoon
Premium Member

8th Jan 12 at 23:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
When they are off they flickers, I'll refit mine and do a video tomorrow.

So if I drive with lights on then it shouldn't affect it?

Do you know any brands that do LED upgrades that don't flicker?
M2RTY

9th Jan 12 at 07:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://evotechnik.net/showthread.php?16529-E90-Bright-Angel-Eyes-Replacement-DIY-Thread-Guide-added-on-Page-2&s=2831261d84031ff85c88c4cf50c59995
broster
Premium Member

9th Jan 12 at 11:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

daymoon, have a look on the CA automotive website, they list some, not cheap mind!

when they are on they don't flickers, itsj use when they are off they flicker
daymoon
Premium Member

9th Jan 12 at 13:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well I had some money in my paypal account, so may have bought some from CA automotive

i bought these:
http://www.ca-int.co.uk/single_prod-cHJvZF9pZD0zMTk3JmNhcl9tYWtlPWJtdyZjYXJfdHlwZT1lMzkmY2F0X2lkPTk2JmNvbXBfaWQ9OA==.html

but apparently they don't fit the angel eyes of E39 and getting refunded:S

[Edited on 09-01-2012 by daymoon]
broster
Premium Member

9th Jan 12 at 17:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nope they won't fit the e39, they are too deep
daymoon
Premium Member

9th Jan 12 at 17:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What about Mtec v3 ones? ever heard of them? A set on ebay atm.
alan-g-w

12th Jan 12 at 20:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Little update,

Got those ones that I put the link up for and fitted them tonight with quality results I reckon:

They're not as bright as the pics make them look, they're spot on. Plus they're half the price of any that all the forums were saying to get and they took 10mins to fit. Anyone thinking about it, get it done
daymoon
Premium Member

12th Jan 12 at 20:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do they flicker?
alan-g-w

12th Jan 12 at 20:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not at all!
A2H GO

13th Jan 12 at 13:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Shame these bulbs are shite on the 1 Series.
whitter45

13th Jan 12 at 13:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by A2H GO
Shame these bulbs are shite on the 1 Series.

if you have xexons they are pretty good - they were on mine
alan-g-w

13th Jan 12 at 14:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How are they shit on the 1?

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » BMW halo rings 22 database queries in 0.0138540 seconds