corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » FAO Ian :re superchip :D

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author FAO Ian :re superchip :D
Tom

User status: Offline
22nd Apr 03 at 10:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ian,

Just thought i'd let you know, got the superchip, and alty, and induction kit on my original engine on sunday...made a hooge difference cars running a thousand times smoother and abit nippier too (and sounds better than drilled airbox)

Engines on the way to a mates ultrasonics place, getting solvent dipped, then shotbalsted, getting sum head work done, oversized big end shells and new pistons/rings then i'm looking into a manfiold (anyone know anywhere that does a stainless 4-2-1 manifold foe the c14se?), and maybe throttle bodies/carbs of some sort

Well pleased

Oh BTW does anyone have a tuned up mpi 8v?

What can i expect from a cam/ minor head work/ superchip/ full stainless exhaust from manifold back (decat aswell)? oh and induction kit?

Cheers, and thanx again ian
Tiger

22nd Apr 03 at 10:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tut tut - youll be frowned upon for FAO'ing people.
Tiger

22nd Apr 03 at 10:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom D

What can i expect from a cam/ minor head work/ superchip/ full stainless exhaust from manifold back (decat aswell)? oh and induction kit?

What size engine?

1.4 16v - maybe 15-20bhp if your lucky
Cybermonkey

22nd Apr 03 at 10:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

c14se is the 1.4 8v.
Tom

22nd Apr 03 at 10:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nah it's a 1.4 8v

Didn't know about FAO'ing but i did put what it was about...just wanted to make ian aware it was there
Tiger

22nd Apr 03 at 10:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tiger
quote:
Originally posted by Tom D

1.4 8v - maybe 12-17bhp
Tom

22nd Apr 03 at 11:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

12 bhp from all that?

I know it aint really economical to tune up 8v but they're well trusty, just want to get it upto between 1.4 and 1.6 16v standard so not too bad...
Tiger

22nd Apr 03 at 11:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It'll depend on the amount of wear your engine already has too to some extent, state of tune etc. Its hards to say til you do it - Stick a non restricting manifold on it and see what happens - the manifold's the weakest link on your exhaust section - if that restricts airflow leaving the engine then the rest of the exhaust wont make much difference apart from the noise.
Tom

22nd Apr 03 at 11:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Engine shud be in very good condiotion as mentioned i'm basically reconing it myself and making it look shiny in the process

will try and get a manifold on and see what happens, where would peak power be, i.e with the above mods ... would i need a higher rev limit to take advantage of the power?

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » FAO Ian :re superchip :D 22 database queries in 0.0132818 seconds