corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Projekt K - 5dr Corsa 1.4 -Star Silver-

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Projekt K - 5dr Corsa 1.4 -Star Silver-
darrroux77

User status: Offline
14th Jan 12 at 18:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Firstly,
i apologise if the writing doesnt make sense ...
i copied my build log over from www.vauxonline.co.uk

Secondly,
i've posted this before a while ago but never kept on top of it ... but i will now =]
so here we go && thanks for looking

all advise &/Or criticisms WILL be noted =]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

brief history on the car ....
3 owners from new; my uncle, my granddad & my mum (so paid nothing for it )
was given it as a 17th birthday present in this state

immediately thought "NO WAY AM I DRIVING IT LIKE THAT"

so little by little, ive been changing some parts ...... so here's where i am at this current moment in time

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

first thing i got was eyelids off ebay for £6

& clear rear lights for £30 as i HATE lexus lights for 5 doors with a passion!

then came the usual suspects, the induction kit && back box

havent got a picture of the back box as just looking at it pee's me off, due to how much trouble i had when fitting it
and the fact that it fell off on the way to drop my son off at his mum's parent's house

about a month and a half later i decided to go alloy shopping and grabbed a set of 15" OZ Volcano's for £150 (being told they were for a corsa) drove up to st neots to pick em up ... drove back, got em home only to try and fit them & realise that they were ford fitment ... was NOT happy <_< ... tried to get back in contact with the guy, he said bring em bak && i'll refund my money ..... took em back & got NOTHING, tried chasing him up but its like he just disappeared ... £150 out of pocket

so i started my shop again, unsure of what i wanted i came across something that made my heart melt ... a MINT set of 14" GTE Champions and at £70 for a set of 5, i just couldn't say no ... i cant remember how far out i went to get these but i didnt care

as a kid i used to play a game in the arcade called initial D && one of the main cars is a toyota trueno AE86 in white, with a black bonnet which drilled the idea in my head that if im to own a silver or white car ..... i AM getting a black bonnet
so i jumped at the chance to get one when my mates brother wrote his black corsa off & had the bonnet spare ...
i also picked up an old 3 or 4" jap style back box he had laying around his garden. 2 for £20 ... bargain!

2 days later me & my mate conner decide its time for the change ...

about a month later, i was riding to college (mum was using the car) and caught wind of a nice sounding offer ...
a set of 17" BSA 8 Spokes for £80 ... i bought them on my way home

had them on for 2 days and thought "hmmmmm, somethings not right" so got 2 new tyres & a balance ... and never put them back on the car
although not long ago i swapped them for a blue neon kit ... mainly because i needed space in my shed.

surfing and surfing, i came across a set of angel eyes so i followed the auction and got them at the really surprising price of £16!!! ... well ... £21 posted LOL

thinking i was getting a bargain, i bought a GSi bumper for £50 with came with the rear one for free ..... once it got here i realised why ... there was a PHAAAAT split down next to the right nearside light, the 2 lugs hidden by the arches were missing, the nearside arch mounting was half gone and the top nearside mount is snapped ... so during last summer, i thought id see what my bodywork skills were like and started to repair it

although i fixed nearside arch mount, i couldnt think of anything to save the top one
it still fit on my car alright though

i was going to continue with it this summer ... until i picked this up ... £30 deliverd

ALL mounts are perfect and strong .... so i got to work on this one ... finishing in matt black with an espace splitter

got tired of the curve back & grew jealous of the 3 doors with wrap around spoilers ... so i picked up a spoiler for £15
drove around with it in the dull yellow it came in for a while ... then in grey primer for a while ... now its matt black ^_^

a little while later and after finding extra money in the bank, i thought to treat the car to some new springs so i gots me some jamex -60mm

late night photoshoot on the way home? ... yeah, why not

i think this was around the time my engine went bang && i had to wait MONTHS for a new one cause mum wanted my uncles mate to do it
darrroux77

14th Jan 12 at 18:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

shortly after having it back, on the way home from the car wash i'd ran over a nail and when i got home, my mate pulled it out ... so i had to change the front two for two off a different set i had in the shed that i'd forgotten i bought

i then had a brain wave ... why just change the front && not the back - i dont like them black, so lets paint em white

so thats what i did, but as its clear to see for the pics ... i didnt mask up the tyres very good but that didnt bother me much as the tyres needed changing anyway ... shortly afterwards, i re-sprayed my bonnet matt black to match the spoiler, as im going with the middle theme (bumpers optional, bonnet, roof, spoiler & boot all one colour)

thats where im at now .... cars currently off the road as the head gasket went && the engine is being changed again

although that hasnt stopped me buying more parts ready for its return
race tube, metro turbo bonnet vents, centre caps to be sprayed ...

&& also, ive been looking for a set of cesro's for a good few months now and think i may have found a set, unless im slightly blind.
ive been speaking to a guy who is selling his corsa and he states that he's selling a set of silver alloys with it, so i asked for a picture and thats what i got .... i then asked if he would sell them seperatly & he said yeah ... for £40 because the tyres are naffed
so once ive raised the funds, im getting em ....

anyway, heres the picture, i think there cesaro's, can someone correct me if they're not?

car should be back this weekend, more stuff to do & more idea'sa flowin' ..... watch this space
darrroux77

14th Jan 12 at 18:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

weekend update:

picked up my cheap £40 alloys today ... they ARE cesaro's wrapped in decent 195/45 R15 ... well haps ... changing them though, will take better pics later

front strut brace is on the way

&& i also couldn't resist this little gadget ... @ £12 i HAD to have it!! (thanks to holmesgsi) ... also on its way

gonna start my search for a badboy bonnet
darrroux77

14th Jan 12 at 18:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

painted ... but still need new tires

[Edited on 14-01-2012 by darrroux77]
darrroux77

14th Jan 12 at 18:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wednesday update:

engine came out today ... although corsa b's are generally smiley looking cars

i dont think she was all that happy tbh LOL
ah well ... switch some part from old to new ... then in it goes

discovered a very worrying split in the power steering belt ... ah well, just adds to the list of more parts to get i suppose

was a b***h undoing the last 3 bolts in the GB bell housing ... had some NAAAAAASTY liquid drip on my face and mouth :blink:

and downpipe kept hitting me on the head somehow ... so for more space, i removed it ... to reveal a very laughable centre pipe (back half was hanging on for dear life) and noticed the connection where the cat meets downpipe had rusted so bad, it was lucky to still be connected ...

so .... a whole new exhaust is needed ..... race tube && back box are already there though so thats half the work done lol

to cover the gaps left by the engine && so the "bell ringers" (being polite) didnt get ideas about knicking parts off it,
put the bonnet && bumper on it (first time that bumper has met body since i bought it) ... stod back and thought "hmmmmm, looks alright ... dirty, but alright"

makes me all the more determinded to get it back on the road && finish it ..... watch this space .....
darrroux77

14th Jan 12 at 18:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wednesday update:

took my "needed" list & went shopping ...

new downpipe, cat, manifold gaskets, exhaust gasket, cam belt && the belt around the power steering pump altenator etc

only thing missing from the list was tyres but i'd rather the above 1st ... fingers crossed i'll working on it tomorrow or friday

thants pretty much it for now ... watch this space
darrroux77

14th Jan 12 at 18:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thursaday Update - 08/08/11 (gonna start putting dates so it makes more sense LOL)

not a lot has been done as im STILL waiting to get my car back ... but that hasnt stopped me buying more parts haha
first on the list was something i'd wanted for a while and figured was a big priority to get my hands on.

but i dont get what this piece is for or where its meant to go so if someone knows, please let me know LOL

ive had this steering wheel for ages but have been searching and searching for a boss for it .... RECENTLY came across one and got it =]
my old wheels quite worn so i wanted to change it ... only payed £10 for this from a boot sale ... the red sections coming off to get sprayed though. eventually i'll change the standard boss for a snap off kit, until then, this will do for now

for a few quid i picked these up .... wanted clear ones and were told from the picture of two sets that i was getting the clear ones, they turn up looking like this ...... i'll still put em on (Y)

so ...... a few more parts to fit but i dont mind
any more problems, any more parts, you'll be the first to know =] .... watch this space
darrroux77

14th Jan 12 at 18:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Monday, 10th october 2011

havent logged in a while as have been busy getting the car ready for the road
so while i have so "me" time, i think i'll do it now ....

WELL ...
where i'd left off, the previous engine was out ...
i was waiting for the new one ...
and had a few parts to fit ..

new engine turned up ... a part wouldnt come off it so it got sent back then we had to wait for another ...
new NEW one turned up a few weeks later and is in now.
still have to connect a few things up, but thats being done in a few days time as one of the wires is not on it and i have to go to the breakers to get one.

while waiting for the engine, i fit a good few of the other parts i had ...
starting with my cesaro's ...
got ALL tires changed to "part worn" 195/45 15R for £20 a tyre ... for part worn, they have quite a bit of tread on them, please ignore the black spots, they need respraying now they've been balanced again

then a decided to change the back box to an outrolled tip ... im guessing its 2 to 3" tip (havent measured but was told 3")
a little bit of modding with a hammer and it fit perfect, the guy that took it off had flared the center pipe end quite bad

connected to the rest, i now have a shiny new exhaust =P ... until she meets the road again LOL

steering wheel got changed and i put the tacho && gauge holder in to see what it'll look like

i'd hide the wires properly once its wired in

called it a day there but got a picture taken for the memory ...

darrroux77

14th Jan 12 at 18:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

after this the engine was fitted, most of the connectors were plugged in, then we found that there were 2 missing ...
found one, so still need the other ... the rest of the car was put back together

other than new front arch trims,
and a strut brace ... pretty much everything is on

other than the bumper needing a re-spray and needing a clean
she looks happy all in one piece

as i thought i was finished, i had a phonecall from a mate about my old backbox ...
he wanted it and offered a trade .... so i took it

this ...

for a set of these ...

which didnt bother me in the slightest because i have another project i can put them on ...

so the question i have now ....

is do i put my old white alloys on the fiesta ..

or

anyways, im off to decide ... lemmie know what you think about either
watch this space ...
darrroux77

14th Jan 12 at 18:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TUESDAY 29th November

stuck in the same spot for the past few weeks
... the 1 main missing wire which i suspect is stopping my engine from starting ... crankshaft speed sensor

so good ol ebay gave me what i wanted && it turned up today ...
hopefully, should have it fitted this weekend and fingers crossed, she starts (Y) ...

Saturday, 3rd December 2011

turns out that was the wrong f**kin' wire ... pi**ed!!!

BUT ...

i do have a picture of an identical engine with the wired that i need
so if any of you know what its called &/or what it does ...
it would be much appreciated .... its the wire & connector circled red in the picture

darrroux77

14th Jan 12 at 19:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

31st December 2011

so i have a corsa that i adore ... but isnt on the road ... STILL!!!
i have a fiesta that runs well but has no MOT & i cant afford to insure it too ....

so will someone PLEASE tell me why i felt the need to buy ANOTHER CAR?! ...

ACTUALLY, dont answer that .... i'll show you why ...

had a lil chat with my cousin blah blah blah ANYWAY!
he offered me his XE'd corsa for £600 .. only thing is that there's a crack in the head which causes a gasket leak which mixed the oil & water ... NOT GOOD

so i thought i'd check out the pics on facebook ... and just so happened to look to the top of the page at the adverts from gumtree & came across a blast from the past .... (a car i used to see A LOT, close to my place) ...

was thinking "oh ... i know that car ... its only going for £350 maybe i should buy it"
... so i did ... opened the bonnet ...

SCORE!!!!!!!!!!!!

[[GENUINE GSi SHELL]] only done 83,375 miles MOT certificates to prove milage

C20XE
4-2-1 Manifold/De-cat
Centre exit twin upswept backbox
Pipercross Cone Filter
Chipped ECU (dont know what stage but have dyno print out of before & after - 121BHP after)

rear AVO coilovers
K-9 Classic alarm system
tints
front chrome look angel eyes (single ring)
rear chrome look lexus lights
OVER EXTENDED bonnet w/ mesh vents
single wiper converion
ALSO got a full body kit with it =O
consisting of ...

2x rear bumpers + 1 already on car
1 pair of side skirts + a set of side skirts on the car
pre 97 front bumper (non c/c)
post 97 front bumper (c/c Green)
front arches
rear arches
boot smoothing panel
1 sport/SRi/GSi look spoiler + 1 genuine GM spoiler already on the car ...

DEFINITELY got a bargain there!!! ....
guy said only problem is slight compression loss in cylinder 1;
so i took the head off to have a nose around ...

has slight damage on pistonhead 1
slight damage to the head over cylinder 1 (piston must have made small contact with it)

im not worried though, cause i'd already planned to do some work on it anyways so my list looks like;

new pistons
gaskets
new spark plugs
&&
send the head off to be refurbed (my mate's dad's friends gonna do it)
and an oil change =] ...

EASY WORK! other than the pistons, f**k that, i'll get someone else to do that haha

PLAN OF ACTION ...

get the XE into perfect shape ...
the put it in the silver bullet =P

[Edited on 14-01-2012 by darrroux77]
Anty
Premium Member

31st Mar 12 at 23:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anymore updates?
darrroux77

4th Apr 12 at 00:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

back on the road with a x14xe engine that has only done 30,000 miles!!! ... a temp engine until i rebuild the c20xe =P

new front arches are on,
tacho gauge is wired in,
air fuel gauge to be wired in,
german plates ( lost on on the way home from college =[ )
flat blades,
blue sidelights
&& a few more stickers

i'll try get some up to date pics up from a small shoot my mate did
darrroux77

4th Apr 12 at 00:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Anty
Anymore updates?

RyanCorsa99

4th Apr 12 at 06:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nice to see a local for once haha, nice lil car there mate. i might of missed it saying but what did you do with the 14" GTE's?
darrroux77

4th Apr 12 at 09:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by RyanCorsa99
nice to see a local for once haha, nice lil car there mate. i might of missed it saying but what did you do with the 14" GTE's?

Ellow mate
thanks && they're sitting in my shed ... 1 tyre has a slow puncture but id say all tyres should be changed as they've been standing a while
RyanCorsa99

4th Apr 12 at 18:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you looking to sell them off at all?
darrroux77

4th Apr 12 at 19:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by RyanCorsa99
you looking to sell them off at all?

open to offers =]
RyanCorsa99

4th Apr 12 at 21:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

U2U'd bud

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Projekt K - 5dr Corsa 1.4 -Star Silver- 23 database queries in 0.0199449 seconds