corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Snap Day » Been bought a course for my birthday

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Been bought a course for my birthday
MarkSport

User status: Offline
15th Jan 12 at 15:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi All

well my birthday was yesterday, and i got bought this

http://ikonstudio.co.uk/index.php/training-courses.html

anyone ever done one?

I actually can't wait. should be good fun and hopefully educational as i got my sisters wedding to snap in september.

also, with my birthday money i'm looking at getting the lighting and backdrops for studio work

[Edited on 15-01-2012 by MarkSport]
Matt L

15th Jan 12 at 17:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

iv had 2 studio lessons (in a fashion) was alright, that sounds better though, have to put up a review as it sounds like it could be worth a go.
MarkSport

15th Jan 12 at 19:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I'm booking it this week to see how it is, will review it after
neoquip

17th Jan 12 at 07:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you're doing your sister wedding in September!!!!!

Brave.. very brave.

SXI - Matt

17th Jan 12 at 10:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd love to do wedding's but it take's a lot of skill & no how & equipment. Been looking on talk photography & the amount his gear cost was unreal.

Looking at doing some coarse's myself to get some better knowledge & skill
ed

17th Jan 12 at 10:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can always rent the kit you need

A friend of mine used this website and recommended them to me: http://www.lensesforhire.co.uk/
Rob E

17th Jan 12 at 12:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I shot my cousins wedding for them last October. I used nothing but my 400D, my Tamron 17-50 f2.8 and my Jessops flash gun with a tripod. Granted it was only a small wedding with 14 people present but it was still an eye opening experience that I really enjoyed though. The PP work was Huge though
Rob E

17th Jan 12 at 12:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh and another piece of advice for you, make sure you go and visit the Wedding venues with the B&G before the wedding. This way you can take some test shots and get an idea of camera settings/where you need to be/lighting/what the B&G want. It paid dividends for my attempt!
will_ainsworth

17th Jan 12 at 13:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

weddings are a nightmare ive done quite a few now, and you only get one chance of getting each shot. nothing really happens twice. i dont think people understand the importance of photography at weddings, surely its important to have decent professional images of the 'best day of you life' more important than the rest of the shit in my opinion. the one part of a day minus the memories that last a lifetime. also doing familys weddings are shit. i did my aunties in december. no time to enjoy it, no time to get pissed. no time to catch up with the people you havent seen in months/years. just a stressful day with over 12 hours work plus editing. only reason i do them is for the cash, and i hate that. but sometimes has to be done.
will_ainsworth

17th Jan 12 at 13:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh and if you want to rent gear/ lens' visit the website lenspimp. used to live local to this guy, hes one of the people in life you could trust in business, real nice guy, and you dont have to put down a missive cash deposit.
neoquip

18th Jan 12 at 09:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

photoing a white dress.... a nightmare I'd think!
Steve
Premium Member

18th Jan 12 at 11:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by will_ainsworth
weddings are a nightmare ive done quite a few now, and you only get one chance of getting each shot. nothing really happens twice. i dont think people understand the importance of photography at weddings, surely its important to have decent professional images of the 'best day of you life' more important than the rest of the shit in my opinion. the one part of a day minus the memories that last a lifetime. also doing familys weddings are shit. i did my aunties in december. no time to enjoy it, no time to get pissed. no time to catch up with the people you havent seen in months/years. just a stressful day with over 12 hours work plus editing. only reason i do them is for the cash, and i hate that. but sometimes has to be done.

this sounds like they are just being cheap tbh.

Matt L

18th Jan 12 at 12:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have done 2 weddings russ's and someone other persons, I have to say its not something i would like to take up mainly as i dont feel my work is good enough for the occassions, I did russ's wedding with just the 50d + 17-70 2.8 and 400d (borrowed off russ) + 50 1.8, and flash gun on the 50d.

and the second wedding was just 50d + 17-70 as i dont have a spare body.

i have agreed to do my cousins in Nov 2013 but other than that i dont think ill be doing another one.

[Edited on 18-01-2012 by Matt L]
Ben G

18th Jan 12 at 15:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my brother and his other half do wedding photography and he isnt a genius, so if he can do it, anyone can.

pavoneweddings.co.uk is their new website
MarkSport

21st Jan 12 at 13:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers for the advice everyone. I'm going a wedding show with them and I'm taking some engagement shots for them aswel. I've bought a photo studio (white, black and green backdrops, frame and 2 lights on tripods with the soft glow umbrella's) so should be good once i have been on this course
SXI - Matt

22nd Jan 12 at 10:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you don't mind me asking how much was that package? And we're from? (the equipment you just listed)

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Snap Day » Been bought a course for my birthday 23 database queries in 0.0120881 seconds