corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Corsa Twist Project

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa Twist Project
brynalar

User status: Offline
28th Jan 12 at 22:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Heeey there! This is my thread for my corsa twist project :-) may be a slow progressing thread to start as I'm still part time at college and on the end of waiting to hear about a job etc!

This is my first car; corsa b twist 1.2 8v! I sold my italjet dragster (much love) but also been into cars since like forever haha. I've had a few peds too and met some great people along the way but since my mate sold his scoot and got a car (seat ibiza) running on coilies and the rest of it and picks me up and takes me cruising etc it made me want a car myself!

I sold the drag on Tuesday night and then went hunting on eBay and found a corsa b which happened to be less than 5 minutes away and was going cheap as it wants a few bits and bobs sorting but nothing too major, so rang him up and arranged to go and see it and got a friend to meet us there and he gave it the all clear and thought it was a good deal for what it was and how the chassis side of things was in exceptional condition given the age and in comparison to the ones he's seen lol!

Anyway I won't blabber too much as I know it can get boring lol! Me and my other half (twin brother) gave it a good clean inside and out this morning, looks fresh as a daisy for the age if I say so myself minus the bits of rust here and there lol... anyway here's some pics and I'll update as and when I can! I hope you enjoy as much as I will

[Edited on 28-01-2012 by brynalar]
Ben-B

28th Jan 12 at 23:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Matty W
come back when you understand the internet please

calm down.
brynalar

28th Jan 12 at 23:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorry. I don't know what happened there. :/
brynalar

28th Jan 12 at 23:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All sorted! Cheers Sean! Back on schedule if I haven't gained myself too many enemies for my mishaps lol
grubz172

29th Jan 12 at 00:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nice gilera corsa looks good, whats it like undernaeth
Todi-Corsa

29th Jan 12 at 00:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol good entrance with the multiple thread posts

anyway car looks sound how solid is the underneath? and whats you plans for it?
RyanCorsa99

29th Jan 12 at 00:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nothing ike a big entrance eh?
Haha, i like this colour on the corsas, dont think it would work on a car any bigger tbh. Its a nice little base for a good car. What plans do you have?
Danny W
Organiser: East Midlands
Premium Member

29th Jan 12 at 01:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice write up so far and looks to be a good little base car for you to learn with and work on.
What sort of things are you interested in doing with the car, sorta future plans ?

Smoke Grey 5 Door

EastMids Regional Events
brynalar

29th Jan 12 at 11:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers all! Underneath appears solid and clean/ rot free lol!

In the future I'd like to get a gsi kit for it and a set of wheels but not sure which yet, there's so many to choose from!

For now I'd like the badge less 3 slat grill but not sure if the bumper will want modifying to fit (?) or if the price is right wouldn't mind an sxi front bumper
Also my mate is already talking redtop conversion haha but I think I'll put that on hold 'til I'm used to the car and that!
VegasPhil
Premium Member

29th Jan 12 at 11:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Welcome to CS mate. Glad you got there in the end

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
Todi-Corsa

29th Jan 12 at 12:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by brynalar
Cheers all! Underneath appears solid and clean/ rot free lol!

In the future I'd like to get a gsi kit for it and a set of wheels but not sure which yet, there's so many to choose from!

For now I'd like the badge less 3 slat grill but not sure if the bumper will want modifying to fit (?) or if the price is right wouldn't mind an sxi front bumper
Also my mate is already talking redtop conversion haha but I think I'll put that on hold 'til I'm used to the car and that!

yea you will need to cut out the original grill, better still you could get newer spec bumpers which is just a straight switch over n no cutting get them at a scrappys fairly cheap too
Paul_JC

30th Jan 12 at 20:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks like a good base, if your looking for parts i still have a few bits from my 2previous corsas Side exit upswept exhaust and 60mm rear springs being the main bits.
bracey123

30th Jan 12 at 22:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks clean i miss my carabic corsa, although i do still have it minus wheels,suspension,wings,bumper,engine and interior lol
Mr-SEH

30th Jan 12 at 22:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

got to love the 172s complete beasts had 5 of them loved everyone clean corsa aswell
brynalar

22nd Feb 12 at 19:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah man love the 172's!

Anyway, I haven't updated in a while as there hasn't been a lot to update with apart from it now has tax and mot haha. Although as some of you may have seen about the forum, I have been on the hunt for a spoiler for a while and a lad said he had one and in my colour but never got back to me lol but after a bit of hunting I got myself one already matching my paint - WIN

Oooh, what could it be?

Yeah, you got it!

With the spoiler held on because I'm that impatient that I can't wait until I've got hold of Tiger Seal :-P

Does anyone know where I could go out and buy Tiger Seal? Someone said Wilko's ?

Cheers and enjoy :-)

[Edited on 22-02-2012 by brynalar]
Paul_JC

22nd Feb 12 at 19:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

waiiitt a second, you not got the base plate for it? as you best fitting it properly if possible rather than just tiger sealing it on.
Todi-Corsa

22nd Feb 12 at 19:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you can get tigerseal from a good autofactors but tbh your better off using the baseplate and mounting it propperly, good update
brynalar

22nd Feb 12 at 21:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't think it came with the base plate ? Just a black plastic thing attached to the inside but I don't think that's what I'm looking for is it ?

Are base plates available to buy on their own?

Cheeeers peeps
RyanCorsa99

22nd Feb 12 at 21:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

coming along nicely. I fitted my spoiler without a base plate by drilling through the boot and using the screw holes on the spoiler, then just using nylock nuts so they cant come loose.
dannyboy17

22nd Feb 12 at 21:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my spoiler is tigersealed on, no problems, make sure you have enough masking tape and line it up properly!
Jamie-C

22nd Feb 12 at 21:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by brynalar
I don't think it came with the base plate ? Just a black plastic thing attached to the inside but I don't think that's what I'm looking for is it ?

Are base plates available to buy on their own?

Cheeeers peeps
That black thing is the base plate

You need to rivet/bolt that to your boot lid then the spoiler bolts to that from underneath. That alone won't be enough to secure the spoiler though, there should be some threads on the back of the spoiler where you would usually drill a hole and bolt it to the boot but these commonly break.

Tigerseal along with the backing plate will be plenty good enough
brynalar

23rd Feb 12 at 16:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah I see cheers mate!

If I was to be a coont and just say could I just tigerseal it instead as I don't have the tools and so on to rivet it :-/ how hard would it be tiger sealing it and what's the best way to keep it even throughout and how would I apply pressure for the time needed as it takes hours so I've heard for it to properly set!

Any help appreciated unless ya all hate me for not doing it the proper way haha
Paul_JC

23rd Feb 12 at 17:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its totally up to you how you fit it pal, just if you have the parts to do it properly then you might aswell do it that way imho.

try wilco down my werringtons for tigerseal if you want some. is the car insured? if so if you came to corby I might be able to fit it for you as i fitted my old one and my brothers.

[Edited on 23-02-2012 by Paul_JC]
brynalar

26th Feb 12 at 18:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers mate I'll let you know :-)

Now my mate gave me some xenon bulbs, I've fitted them and they look great and both work on full beam but on normal/ dipped beam only the offside bulb remains xenon, the offside one goes back yellow (?) does the offside work off of 2 bulbs for low and high beam then or something?

Cheers!
Matty SRi

26th Feb 12 at 18:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/3660556.htm

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Corsa Twist Project 24 database queries in 0.0156550 seconds