corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Rollerskates

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Rollerskates
gtitim

User status: Offline
1st Feb 12 at 18:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone used to skate? Gave up years ago but my lad is now 4 and wanted to go. Went with him a couple of times and now have got the bug again.

Just bought a set of Bauer replicas off ebay and need to source some decent wheels. Only problem is last time i looked at a set of skates and had a clue what was what was around 1998. Anyone recommend any wheels? Used to have Mad Hogs and Belair Hockeys. I want somewthing I can powerslid in and speed skate?
Ojc

1st Feb 12 at 19:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You bought Supremes? Should have got some second hand Bauer Turbos or Graf.

Back in the day the wheels to have were sims and two tone hubs, gorilla grip.

Have a look on quad-skates.co.uk
mantamark

1st Feb 12 at 20:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive still got some Roche quads in the loft with suregrip wheels and fancy bearings. Been thinking about getting them out for a while but nowhere to go!
gtitim

1st Feb 12 at 20:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bought Supremes as they were £50. A set of Bauers is £90+ on ebay. Could have had brand new Roces for £95 with no wheels or bearings.

Plans are a set of Bones Red bearings or some ABEC 9s and a decent set of very hard indoor wheels so they will slide, some updated truck bushes and krypto stoppers front n back.
Ojc

1st Feb 12 at 20:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I want softer wheels for mine, I remember Abec9 being like 100 odd quid back in the day and I used to have to use Abec3 NMB, they were good bearings tbh. Used to tighten up my wheels really tight do when you skated they used to whoossshhh
gtitim

1st Feb 12 at 20:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im going to get a couple of sets of wheels from ebay to try. Shall see what i like the feel of and then eventually get a set new. £50-£100 is alot of cash to throw at a set of wheels i will use on average twice a month. I'm bidding on whatever comes up cheap and shall re-sell whatever I dont like the feel of. I'm lucky in that there are two sports centres that do skating a week within 10 mins of my house, and its only 20 mins to a dedicated skate rink with a polished floor.
Ian W

1st Feb 12 at 20:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have my old skates in the loft, would love to get back on them, used to be pretty good back in the day
Ojc

1st Feb 12 at 20:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Find me some two tone hubs
Ian W

1st Feb 12 at 20:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm trying to find indoor skating places now but they have all closed down, this could be my new hobby which would also count as exercise
Tiger

1st Feb 12 at 20:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had Bauer Turbos with 2 tone Sims wheels, me and my mate back in 1995 dominated our local town skate scene, but then I grew up and left skating behind
Ojc

1st Feb 12 at 20:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Skating was massive around here until a girl called Iweba that lives two doors down from me went to Night Rollers one night and beat loads of people up
Tomnova16
Premium Member

1st Feb 12 at 21:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Still got my Bauer turbos
Roller disco was the place to be

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
sc0ott

1st Feb 12 at 21:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Theres nothing more gayer than roller discos unless youre a girl
Ojc

1st Feb 12 at 21:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No, the one at Rivermead was huge every week
gtitim

1st Feb 12 at 21:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Our local one many years ago was Rollers in Peterboghorror. Closed down but there were loads of slashings - loads of scum from different towns with Stanley knives in hands. Not a safe place to be on a Saturday night!

The local place i use now is called Skaters - purpose built venue used ofr roller hockey, speed skating, pleasure and discos, the works. The great thing is it has wooden walls around the outside rather than concrete or barriers - hurts less to slide face first into!
Ojc

1st Feb 12 at 21:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I go to one in Colchester it's awesome
Nismo

1st Feb 12 at 21:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bauer Turbo 33's with dual rear stoppers and 2 tone sims in the mother fucking zone.

Then I had Bauer Frontsides but kept going through chassis so moved over to Roces Majestics 1312's, still got them.
gtitim

1st Feb 12 at 21:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

For OJC

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SIMS-STREET-SNAKE-2-Tone-78a-Roller-Skate-Wheels-x8-/280709689677?pt=UK_Sporting_Goods_Skateboarding_Skating_ET&var=&hash=item870ce5be36
Ojc

1st Feb 12 at 21:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Selling them again!! Yesssss
Dan H

5th Feb 12 at 14:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

used to go rollerskating at a skate park near me (middlesbrough) now i go Ice skating, much better, had a pair of Bauer Surpreme, Graphs (few other crappy ones) now onto some Old Nike Zooms worth around £500 secondhand.. been skating for 10year, still love going and having a skate about
MatthewR

5th Feb 12 at 14:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Harrow Skate Park
Thats where i spent alot of my "days off" from School untill all the Asians used to come and nick our fags off us
Seany

5th Feb 12 at 15:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i used to skate quite a bit when i was younger, had a set of K2 fatty sc's with 8 ball middle wheels and anodized wheels bolts etc. we used to bunk off school and skate anywhere with a decent railing and gaps. i never really got into the whole ' i want to go fast round a rink one way' kind of skating. much prefer my bmx now any way.
gtitim

5th Feb 12 at 15:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Skates arrived and have Krypto wheels. They are too soft for decent speeds or skid stops etc. Need something harder and therefore less grippy. Any suggestions?
Matt H

5th Feb 12 at 15:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There's another skating place on Queens Road in Sheffield if you're looking for a roller disco. They used to do £15 entry all you can drink, you can imagine the state of some people & the injuries that occurred

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Rollerskates 23 database queries in 0.0145850 seconds