corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Going to Old Trafford

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Going to Old Trafford
Dan
Premium Member

User status: Offline
2nd Feb 12 at 11:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Going to my first ever united game at old Trafford on 23rd to see the game against Ajax.

Anyone got any tips/pointers and is anyone else going?

We have car parking at the ground booked. It's about a 500 mile round trip so want to be clued up so we can make it as enjoyable as possible.

Adult GiftsClick here to vist us
mwg

2nd Feb 12 at 12:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just obvious things like get there early enough to avoid the traffic and there's no point in trying to drive anywhere for at least 45 mins to an hour after the game has finished.

There's not a great choice of places to eat, KFC, Harry Ramsdens and a Pizza Hut, that's about it and if you want to sit down in Harry Ramsdens or Pizza Hut you need to be there about 3 hours before kick off or you won't get in. There's loads of burger vans but the food is complete turd and expensive. If you are up early enough probably better to go for something to eat in the City Centre.

Try to get in the Bishop Blaize before kick off, good atmosphere and singing. There's another place called Sam Platts which is a bit rougher but I tend to go in there before the game and then Bishop Blaize after the game whilst I'm waiting for the traffic to calm down. You'll need to show your ticket to get in the pubs.
Ben J

2nd Feb 12 at 12:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Best ask Steve tbh.
Dan
Premium Member

2nd Feb 12 at 12:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u2u sent

Adult GiftsClick here to vist us
kennySRi

2nd Feb 12 at 14:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you were making a day of it you may aswell go to the trafford centre to eat and whatever. I even used to park there and walk to Trafford, was only half an hour walk and saves being stuck in the traffic and the car park is right next to the motorway junction.

Im tempted to go to this game, havnt been yet this season and heard that the tickets arnt too badly priced.
andys sxi
Premium Member

2nd Feb 12 at 14:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was going to go but I went on tuesday night, the tickets are not bad prices of you can get decent seats, there are loads still available on the website

April 08 feature car
JonnyJ

2nd Feb 12 at 15:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Heres a few tips.

Get there as early as possible, like stupidly early, maybe 11am and familiarise yourself with what a football ground looks like. Maybe lap it a few times and gasp in awe

Make sure you buy a half and half scarf from one of those dodgy stands outside the ground. Your club wont see any money but you will feel more of a fan for having a scarf.

Avoid all the pubs as they are full of roughians, instead get into your seat about 3 hours before kick off

Buy an overpriced program and try learn all the players names and what numbers they have before kick off. Maybe even tick those boxes beside the names as the teams are read out so you know who is playing.

If anyone has the audacity to stand up in front of you politely remind them with your east anglian accent that you have paid £xx amount for this ticket and wish to see the match. Try get them kicked out by informing the helpful stewards if they persist trying to create some noise. ONLY stand if you team scores a goal then immediately return your bum to the seat.

Even if your team is losing maybe make a comment to a friend that "it doesnt matter as you have enjoyed the day out and its been a good match". The regular fans will applaud your fair spirit.

You might be best advised to leave the match with about 20mins to go as "traffic is a nightmare". Your team doesnt need you during these minutes.

Hope this helps
Tom

2nd Feb 12 at 16:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JonnyJ
Heres a few tips.

Get there as early as possible, like stupidly early, maybe 11am and familiarise yourself with what a football ground looks like. Maybe lap it a few times and gasp in awe

Make sure you buy a half and half scarf from one of those dodgy stands outside the ground. Your club wont see any money but you will feel more of a fan for having a scarf.

Avoid all the pubs as they are full of roughians, instead get into your seat about 3 hours before kick off

Buy an overpriced program and try learn all the players names and what numbers they have before kick off. Maybe even tick those boxes beside the names as the teams are read out so you know who is playing.

If anyone has the audacity to stand up in front of you politely remind them with your east anglian accent that you have paid £xx amount for this ticket and wish to see the match. Try get them kicked out by informing the helpful stewards if they persist trying to create some noise. ONLY stand if you team scores a goal then immediately return your bum to the seat.

Even if your team is losing maybe make a comment to a friend that "it doesnt matter as you have enjoyed the day out and its been a good match". The regular fans will applaud your fair spirit.

You might be best advised to leave the match with about 20mins to go as "traffic is a nightmare". Your team doesnt need you during these minutes.

Hope this helps

mwg

2nd Feb 12 at 16:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

andys sxi
Premium Member

2nd Feb 12 at 16:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Heres a few tips.

If anyone has the audacity to stand up in front of you politely remind them with your east anglian accent that you have paid £xx amount for this ticket and wish to see the match. Try get them kicked out by informing the helpful stewards if they persist trying to create some noise. ONLY stand if you team scores a goal then immediately return your bum to the seat.Even if your team is losing maybe make a comment to a friend that "it doesnt matter as you have enjoyed the day out and its been a good match". The regular fans will applaud your fair spirit.

Hope this helps

wrong, i was at old trafford on tuesday night and stood up the whole time i was behind the goal only sat down after i went and got a drink at half time i was sitting down for about 5 minutes, by the end of the night my legs were aching

non of the stewards told us to sit down

April 08 feature car
JonnyJ

2nd Feb 12 at 16:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think its fairly clear it was tounge in cheek andy and not specifically aimed at old trafford/utd fans but day tripper fans in general.

All the above i experienced whenever York have had a big cup game or gone to Wembley.
andys sxi
Premium Member

2nd Feb 12 at 16:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ill let you off then

but when i was there on boxing day people were standing up and one steward told everyone to sit down and he got abuse off the fans which in a way i thinks wrong he was only doing his job

April 08 feature car
andys sxi
Premium Member

2nd Feb 12 at 16:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I think its fairly clear it was tounge in cheek andy and not specifically aimed at old trafford/utd fans but day tripper fans in general.

All the above i experienced whenever York have had a big cup game or gone to Wembley.

york have been to the new wembley before liverpool

April 08 feature car
JonnyJ

2nd Feb 12 at 16:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by andys sxi
quote:

york have been to the new wembley before liverpool

Twice. Unfortunately.

What a shit ground.
Dr Pepper

2nd Feb 12 at 22:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wembley is terrible. Old Trafford however is a quality place to watch football - enjoy, its a great stadium
Rick Draper

3rd Feb 12 at 00:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Old Trafford, I have been there before (in a box). Easy access, not the Etihad but then OT has been there for years and no domestic ground with real history has been there for years.

Fans are ok, usual cunts, but then thats football.
Russ

3rd Feb 12 at 06:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

JJ wins
Ben J

3rd Feb 12 at 08:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've been to OT more times than the Emirates tbh.
Fro

3rd Feb 12 at 09:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've been to white hart lane more times than the emirates

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Going to Old Trafford 24 database queries in 0.0143499 seconds