corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Hmm feel like a bit of a twat... should I?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Hmm feel like a bit of a twat... should I?
Kyle T
Premium Member

User status: Offline
4th Feb 12 at 20:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My Sister lives with my Dad in York and last night my sister went to see a show (some dancing on ice thing or something) at Sheffield with a friend. After the show, she felt really ill and collapsed/went to hospital. Still not sure what's wrong with her, possibly appendix stuff... but that's not quite the point of the story.

My Dad went to go see her (60miles from York to Sheffield) at about midnight last night then came home for a few hours kip. Hospital called him back at 3pm today as my sister may need to go into surgery at anypoint (when they figure out what part of her to remove ). She's in massive pain and doesn't want my Dad to leave her again as she's panicking a bit.

Now onto the main point, my Dad rushed back to the hospital and left the dog at home with no food/water - and took his housekeys with him. He then phoned me at ~18:30 to ask if I'd drive from my house (about 20mins from York) to sheffield to pickup the keys, then back to his house to feed/water/let the dog out as it's likely he'll need to stay at the hospital all night.

I set off with about 3" of snow on the ground and in 45mins I covered 6 miles of the 50mile journey to sheffield and couldn't get up the ramp to the motorway sliproad At the bottom of the slip road was a BMW that looks like it had slid into a curb and bent something as he was awaiting recovery. The snow at this point was about 6-8inches deep and there wasn't enough traffic on the road to keep it below the ground clearance of my car.

So, long story short - I had to turn around and ring my Dad to say I couldn't go sort his dog... which could end up going 24hours without food or water, maybe even more if the snow continues to get worse I feel like a right twat, mainly because my sister thinks that I hate her dog (I don't) and the dog is also on special medication to keep it alive... so dietry wise it's a weak creature at the best of times.

I feel like a bit of a twat, the snow doesn't sound to be too bad in Sheffield so my Dad is probably looking out of the window wondering WTF I'm whining about. Anyone care to make me feel better, or tell me I'm a fag and I should be back outside opposite locking my way to sheffield?

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
johnhara1

4th Feb 12 at 20:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Does your old man not have a partner or a local mate he can call to bail the dog out?

Jake

4th Feb 12 at 20:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

smash his back door in or go through the window fuck driving in deep snow for a set of keys. plonker should have been more aware of what he was doing at the time
VegasPhil
Premium Member

4th Feb 12 at 20:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Give it another go. Traffic has probably cleared and gritters/ploughs will sort the motorway.

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
Cavey

4th Feb 12 at 20:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Human > Dog.
Ian
Site Administrator

4th Feb 12 at 20:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Two things -

Can you make the journey at all - ie. someone you know with a more appropriate car

Can your dad get someone to go get the keys and feed the dog?
Dean_W

4th Feb 12 at 20:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Smash a window.
Dave

4th Feb 12 at 20:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fuck the keys and try and get to his house and force your way in, if it's anything like how it is round here there's no chance of you getting to Sheffield tonight.

A hammer and a sturdy flat screwdriver will get you into most doors without too much damage.
Kyle T
Premium Member

4th Feb 12 at 20:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jake
plonker should have been more aware of what he was doing at the time

That's pretty much what I said - he said he feels like a right bellend for not thinking things through before leaving but he just panicked and got on the road as quickly as possible.

The only other person with a set of house keys is my Grandma and she won't even drive in the dark... never mind the snow! She's about an hour away from both York and Sheffield so slightly more central than I am - but still she won't drive in the snow.

The snow is getting progressively worse, so don't think giving it another go is too clever.

I've just got off the phone to my grandma and apparently my sister is going into Surgery very soon so the minute it's finished my Dad is going to drive to my grandmas (he's the only person I know with a more suitable car, a freelander ) and then drop her off at York to sort the dog, then he's going to go back to sheffield. I imagine/hope the snow isn't too bad on the motorways but I'm about 10miles away from a motorway and couldn't get that far

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Kyle T
Premium Member

4th Feb 12 at 20:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dave
Fuck the keys and try and get to his house and force your way in, if it's anything like how it is round here there's no chance of you getting to Sheffield tonight.

A hammer and a sturdy flat screwdriver will get you into most doors without too much damage.

I just text my dad to ask about this. I should be able to get to York safely so no issues smashing something to get in.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

4th Feb 12 at 21:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just drive, it's a bit of fucking snow!

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car
Wrighty

4th Feb 12 at 21:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Daniel_Corsa
Just drive, it's a bit of fucking snow!

Yer, this is exactly what i thought about 7pm tonight before my nightshift, 2 inch of snow on the ground what the hell...

its just taken me neigh on 2 hours to do 35 motorway miles and i nearly got wiped out twice...
VegasPhil
Premium Member

4th Feb 12 at 21:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's not snowing here. I could nip over.

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
Matt H

4th Feb 12 at 21:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The snow is pretty bad in Sheffield from what I've heard. Not forgetting it can be quite hilly in some places
Matt H

4th Feb 12 at 21:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also try a locksmith before smashing anything in this weather! Last thing you want I'd your fed & watered dog freezing to death!
Dave

4th Feb 12 at 21:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's not really the snow that'll be stopping him as such, it's the roads that will be jammed up because of the snow.
JaffaTB

4th Feb 12 at 22:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes its rather bad here, i've been given the cold shoulder by my girlfriend as i wouldnt drive to asda for some lager
Kyle T
Premium Member

5th Feb 12 at 14:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sister ended up with her Appendix out and my dad raced home to sort the dog in his freelander after the op!

Apparently Sheffield to York wasn't too bad, it's just the ~10miles of A-roads I needed to navigate which just didn't have enough traffic on last night to keep the roads clear.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Hmm feel like a bit of a twat... should I? 23 database queries in 0.0792589 seconds