corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Vectra GSI advice

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Vectra GSI advice
corsarooney
Premium Member

User status: Offline
   5th Feb 12 at 11:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hey everyone

Recently been looking at vectra B GSI's so would like some advice as to there faults and problems.

They seem like a huge amount of car for the money but i know they can rust at the rear arches.

Any advice welcome

Corsa 1.6 sport - 1
1.7 puma engined fiesta - 0

Keeping corsa's on the redline since 2008
smcGSI16V

5th Feb 12 at 12:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Rusty doors and arches.

Check the coolant for oil as the oil cooler is submerged in the coolant inside the block and it can corrode.

Exhaust manifolds crack, especially the rear one an they are a bitch to change.

Rear bushes on the trailing arms wear resulting in camber and mot failure.

Other than that they are great cars. I loved mine which I had for a year.

Phase 2 2.5's are the best to have, and if you can get a bog standard one all the better.

Mpg isn't great but what do you expect. I generally averaged 30mpg combined driving.
cunningham

5th Feb 12 at 12:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whats the rockers like on them i know there metal and not plastic like the old cav v6 ones. Are they still prone to leaking
belton

5th Feb 12 at 12:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If your interested mate some old bloke I work with is thinking about selling his. Mint, all standard etc. He has always kept vauchall warranty on it to this day. Every optional extra etc
Nic Barnes

5th Feb 12 at 12:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the worst thing is that there isn't much in the way of tuning options, other than massively expesinve ones. decent manifolds and down pipes are nearly a grand etc. as said the mpg isn't amazing. i get maybe 27 work and back compared to my 1.2 corsa which will do over 40 on the same journey.

only things that went wrong with mine were cracked manifold, welded in place once half engine was stripped off from above it. it was where the egr pipe joined the manifold. cracked round that. the egr pipe itself cracked so replaced that. egr valve broke so replaced that. coil pack is a nice over an hour job to change. same goes for plugs and leads.

i really like my vectra gsi. its good to drive. its not that slow, it handles reasonably well in all fairness. seriously comfy, well i think it is. probably not on your list of requirements but it tows brilliantly.
corsarooney
Premium Member

5th Feb 12 at 12:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers for the info gents, that helps loads

Really really like these cars, only realised last night i could afford one, thought they were worth much more than they are.

Im looking at changing to either one of these or a redtop corsa.

Fuel consumption isnt an issue as i live about two miles from work.

Lack of tuning is a bit of a bummer but i love the looks and you cant beat the noise of a v6 with a decent system on

Corsa 1.6 sport - 1
1.7 puma engined fiesta - 0

Keeping corsa's on the redline since 2008
Jambo

5th Feb 12 at 12:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lovely cars these. Always fancied one.
Nic Barnes

5th Feb 12 at 13:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Best car I've ever owned. Apart from my 51 plate corsa c it is the newest I suppose lol as its a v reg facelift
taylorboosh

5th Feb 12 at 13:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nic why not fix it then

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Vectra GSI advice 23 database queries in 0.0057471 seconds