corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Declaring an engine conversion

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Declaring an engine conversion
Norcy91

User status: Offline
   6th Feb 12 at 22:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right, i know you have to change the engine capacity on the V5 and send it off, but I also know about the engineers reports they ask for as proof that it's been done correctly etc.
Do they always ask for the report doing? So would i be best off getting the report done and sending it in with the V5?
And has anyone had to get one done? I have no idea how much Vauxhall would charge to do it, or if i could take it to any garage i want.

Any one got any information on this please? Thanks!
Darryl H
Organiser: South Central
Premium Member

6th Feb 12 at 23:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Take it to your nearest DVLA office mate, that's where I took mine, they ask for a report there and then so just take one prepared.

They only want proof of the engine capacity and engine number. I got a local garage to do mine and they were more than happy to do it for free.

Then just take that and your V5 back to the DVLA office and get them to change it. If i were you though I'd take your mot and insurance certificate incase you are changing tax class

|My Corsa|SC|My Instagram|
bigron1988

6th Feb 12 at 23:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i sent my log book of the other week with new engine cc and engine no, they sent back a letter with the options that i could do, i took it to vauxhall and they checked it over and writ a letter, sent it back to dvla , just waiting for new log book now
Norcy91

6th Feb 12 at 23:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers for the help guys! I don't actually have it taxed or insured at the minute, just been parked up on the drive! So i was going to try getting it done before my tax runs out on the Zetec S at the end of the month.

bigron, how long did it take them to send you the letter asking for the report from you sending off the V5?
djgritt
Premium Member

7th Feb 12 at 00:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had a headed letter made up for me by a friends workshops - stated my Car (& Reg No) had had an engine change carried out by them and then gave the details of the new capacity and new engine code

Sent that with the V5 and the appropriate sections filled in, and got the V5 back within 3-4 weeks IIRC.

No charge either. But I did change the registered keeper from my Ex to me at the same time...
Col004

7th Feb 12 at 10:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's crazy how random the DVLA is.. I just sent mine off with the new block number and new CC and got it back 6 weeks later all changed free of charge and didn't need any letter..
bigron1988

7th Feb 12 at 10:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

About 6 weeks I had to wait

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Declaring an engine conversion 23 database queries in 0.0078700 seconds