corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » HID Problem.. Help identifying it please (pics)

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author HID Problem.. Help identifying it please (pics)
chris_uk
Premium Member

User status: Offline
7th Feb 12 at 17:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

For some time my right light had been getting pinker and i dont know why.

Ballast going or bulb?

chris_uk
Premium Member

7th Feb 12 at 17:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They are both 6k bulbs btw.
Rich H

7th Feb 12 at 17:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bulb is failing.
andys sxi
Premium Member

7th Feb 12 at 17:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Try swooping the ballast 's over if it still does it then it's got to be the bulb

April 08 feature car
chris_uk
Premium Member

7th Feb 12 at 17:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by andys sxi
Try swooping the ballast 's over if it still does it then it's got to be the bulb

if you only knew how much of a pain that is lol
taylorboosh

7th Feb 12 at 17:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Id buy a full new set
chris_uk
Premium Member

7th Feb 12 at 17:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats what i thought about doing..

any reccomendations?
Rich H

7th Feb 12 at 18:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I remember reading somewhere that if the colour of the bulb alters, it's the bulb failing.

I'm sure it's what happened to my mate's OEM BMW xenon before too.

MJ on here sells HID sets and gets good reviews
chris_uk
Premium Member

7th Feb 12 at 18:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have a spare bulb for 6k so i will try that tomorrow on my lunch
Brett
Premium Member

7th Feb 12 at 18:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

OMG you had a spare anyway
chris_uk
Premium Member

7th Feb 12 at 18:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yea i think so..

if you knew how much of a pain (litterally) it is to take a headlight out of these when you have 2 massive water pipes in the way from the charge cooler then your would understand why id want to know what it was before hand so i only had to take the light out the once.
taylorboosh

7th Feb 12 at 18:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if you can do it on your lunch it cant be that hard
Brett
Premium Member

7th Feb 12 at 18:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chris_uk
yea i think so..

if you knew how much of a pain (litterally) it is to take a headlight out of these when you have 2 massive water pipes in the way from the charge cooler then your would understand why id want to know what it was before hand so i only had to take the light out the once.

I almost understand because it's a cunt in the Vectra too. Can't see a way of doing it without taking the bumper off
chris_uk
Premium Member

7th Feb 12 at 18:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my lunch is an hour long and probably would take most of it..

its just awkward getting the 13mm spanner right inside the clam and turning it bit by bit.. (i should probably invest in a ratchet ring spanner) there is a nastly pointy bit somewhere under there which i always slice my fingers on too

the pas light is a piece of piss as there are no water pipes, i can litterally just get my hand through them and turn it about 10mm at a time.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » HID Problem.. Help identifying it please (pics) 23 database queries in 0.0128841 seconds