corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Lunch at work

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Lunch at work
Norcy91

User status: Offline
9th Feb 12 at 19:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What do you all take with you to work for lunch? Or do you go out and buy lunch on the day?

Basically all i've been doing is going out everyday to the Co-Op round the corner, buying a meal deal or a ready meal and having that. This is starting to cost a fortune to do all the time though

I go to the gym so this doesn't really help me with wanting to lose some weight, so taking something with me to work instead of buying on the day could potentially help me towards this target and save me money at the same time.

So what do you all do?

(I made this after seeing some of the stuff McWillster has in his 'Body Project Thread' in Sports Day )
Dave

9th Feb 12 at 19:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I take cereal and milk for my morning break and a sandwich/pot noodle/pasta pot for dinner. Usually a selection of fresh fruit/crisps/biscuits/cereal bars/yogurts etc too.

Saves a lot of money when you add it up, plus you aren't wasting time going to the shop, I just pick a paper up on the way to work.
Jake

9th Feb 12 at 19:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

have a look at the sodium content on those badboys and you will soon start taking in your own moody sandwiches
BarnshaW

9th Feb 12 at 19:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

for lunch im having 300g cottage cheese mixed in with 200g cooked chicken breast, seasoned with pepper and its buff
Jake

9th Feb 12 at 19:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that is filth
Hammer

9th Feb 12 at 19:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have this very same problem. The cafe across the road from our new office is pretentious as fuck and costs a fortune. Bringing stuff in lasted 1 week and I had to throw out milk, ham and chicken because I never used it.

Can't be arsed going to ASDA for a weekly lunch shop and can't afford £4.50 butternut squash and curried parsnip sandwiches every day.

What else can you cook on a George Foreman?
corsadonk
Premium Member

9th Feb 12 at 20:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I make a sandwich in the morning, and add a packet of crisps, some fruit. I sometimes have a sticky bar form a petrol station. I'm on the road all the time doing break downs so I never know when I can get to a shop.

I always find ready made sandwiches taste link shit. Most of the time they're over £2 + all the other bits you have with it so you're looking at £5 x 20 = £100. A month. over a year you're looking at £1200.
Russ

9th Feb 12 at 20:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I go without. Cheaper.
JaffaTB

9th Feb 12 at 22:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

pot noodle or mum-made sarnies
noshua

9th Feb 12 at 22:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pasta and chicken with some fruit

Had BBQ chicken and pasta today, was boss
Tomnova16
Premium Member

9th Feb 12 at 22:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mrs makes sarnies.
Also have sushi once a week

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
ShEp

9th Feb 12 at 22:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tin of soup and a roll
James

9th Feb 12 at 22:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm really bad at this, once you factor in coffee, I spend about £8 a day.
mantamark

9th Feb 12 at 22:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Make a sarnie the night before, also have muller rice, cereal bar, apple, orange and a bag of crisps.

Or if im away with work we get £5 limit per day so normally spend £5-8 in supermarkets and buy loads.
Lynny

9th Feb 12 at 22:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Shop at work, buy stuff there. Usually a jacket potato or sandwich. And my own body weight in chocolate. Except Friday when the shop is shut, then the joiner goes and gets me fish and chips
AlunJ

9th Feb 12 at 22:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm terrible for it, go for the weekly shop and buy stuff with good intentions and still end up being lazy, not making anything and buying stuff in work.
VegasPhil
Premium Member

9th Feb 12 at 22:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cupasoup 2 slices of bread and crisps.

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
C2RL R

9th Feb 12 at 22:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Used to take sandwiches but I can't make em as good as the asda over the road so now I go there every day. Costs around £3 per day. Chicken tikka and onion bhaji wraps are the way forward.
AlunJ

9th Feb 12 at 22:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Those tikka and onion bhaji wraps are immense
Chris
Premium Member

9th Feb 12 at 22:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Some one in work said to me make a car colour the lunch time choice, red chippy, blue tesco. So when u come out of work first car to go past.

Every day is a different lunch
kz

9th Feb 12 at 23:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Most of the time I make sandwiches and take them in... with a pack of crisps and some fruit.

Usually run out of ingredients before the weekly shop so will just buy a pre-made one at work.

They do some killer home made soups at work so if it's a nice one I'll over rule my sandwich lol and get one... sweet potato and chilli, and roasted peppers ftw!
Paul_J

9th Feb 12 at 23:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've been so busy lately that I sometimes don't even bother eating lunch. Drink the free coffee at work, eat whatever things are floating around the office.

If I go buy something, it'll be an apple / chicken breast perhaps / packet of crisps. Some weeks I'll buy some ingredients at the start of the week and keep it in the fridge (wrap / pita bread, salad, chicken breast, peppers etc) and then just make myself a fresh salad / wrap each lunch time.
John

9th Feb 12 at 23:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pieces and the odd pasta pot. Don't really like the pasta pots, normally only when I can't be annoyed making pieces.
brebaz

9th Feb 12 at 23:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im at college2 days a week and i just go to happy chippy and get a 9inch pizza, chips and a can of coke for 3 quid they also sell cowies nd that for when your bored
Paul_J

9th Feb 12 at 23:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

do you want a gastric band with that brebaz?

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Lunch at work 23 database queries in 0.0147011 seconds